Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 187889 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Is there a functional magma supply to the quarry level or will I have to build one?

I don't believe there is, which is why I'm going to start a double pump stack. we'll see how far I get. You'll at least have some materials and the stack housing carved out.

There actually is. A magma pipe runs up through the quarry level and into the bottom of the third cavern layer.

That magma pipe was once open to the quarry level. That big patch of area with no non-rock items on it next to the magma pipe? Yeah...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

Is there a functional magma supply to the quarry level or will I have to build one?

I don't believe there is, which is why I'm going to start a double pump stack. we'll see how far I get. You'll at least have some materials and the stack housing carved out.

There actually is. A magma pipe runs up through the quarry level and into the bottom of the third cavern layer.

That magma pipe was once open to the quarry level. That big patch of area with no non-rock items on it next to the magma pipe? Yeah...

+1 for magma floods.

So if I end up at some point in the future killing the fort with a lava flood because of some horrible accident or a troll destroying a critical floodgate will you guys all hate me?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1 for magma floods.

So if I end up at some point in the future killing the fort with a lava flood because of some horrible accident or a troll destroying a critical floodgate will you guys all hate me?

Will the framerate be improved?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Maybe after the magma subsides.

I'd suggesting opening every door in every hallway/room (except where dwarves are entombed/slabs are placed - don't wanna have to clean that up all over again!), and have the populace hang out up in the migrant burrows while the magma sorts out the clutter problem. Well, part of it, anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Build the new walls in the overworld to contain the flow in case someone wants to reclaim :P

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

I don't want to intentionally flood the fort, lol.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HERETIC!

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

HERETIC!

Someone seems to have forgotten just who cost us the Hellbunker with their curiosity...

Have we heard anything from NCommander? 

Oh, and aussie, update the OP!

Doing so now.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HERETIC!

Someone seems to have forgotten just who cost us the Hellbunker with their curiosity...

The relevance being..?

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

HERETIC!

The relevance being..?

Sometimes caution is good.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

So have our updates vanished off the face of the planet?

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

So have our updates vanished off the face of the planet?
Ill resume tonight, most likely. I do have school and work on the weekdays. :P
but not the weekends

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

this place is hell.

Edit: trying to cage them all, but only one dwarf can do that at a time, so a i made the blacksmith the designated cager. Eventually he'll get off break...
butchering produced too many items. thinking of throwing them all in a pit to die. Damn animals. who let them get out of control like this anyway? there's hundreds...

Edit2: the weaver vucar has picked up the slack. thank you vucar. sorry, blacksmith. you're out of the job. go die in a garbage pit. (actually he most definitely will, along with all the rest of the dwarves, unless he leaves this place)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:03:05 am by Cellmonk »

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I started construction of an atom smasher.  Trying to remember where it was.  I seem to recall it being in the NW quadrant, within a couple Z layers of the F1 hotkey location, close to the Cistern.  It was being designed as a "safe area" with a lockable entrance controlled by levers in a control room.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 167