Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 187914 times)

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I awaken to baby Sodel's whimpering, and turn to see possum asleep, smelling of alcohol. the halls are dark, but the echo of jolly dwarven clanging draws me to the door. A note hangs on its frame:

"HI. Vehudur here. I've decided to retire. welcome to your post, Cellmonk. Have fun."

Ach! The inevitable. Well, what have I to lose? Just my life, sanity and child. A small price for a dwarf to pay for nigh unlimited power.

I think back to when I was forbidden to mine and engrave so that oaf HOG could initialize all the walls alone. I'm in charge now. I reach for my pick and scalpel. Masonry wasn't my cup of tea, anyway.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

glancing at my pick, I note a stain of old blood. Yes. there are too many animals in this fort. I think its time we had a slaughter-fest.

(Note: My primary goal this turn is to get Fps manageable. Why are there so many kittehs?!)

The blood has begun to spill. We'll have enough meat to last quite a while. Now, what will we do with refuse?

Who would have thought dwarves would be more interested in dismembering skeletons than kittens?

On a side note, it looks like Erica is a bit unhappy. Hanging around Cousac's tomb, obsessing over some lesser getting a nice burial. Sucks for her.

Note: apologies for the weird img overlap.
Note: I feel like this entire fort needs to be flooded and drained of lava. for a nice cleaning. maybe that can be my secondary project.. a lava pumpstack. I urge later overseers to flood the world outside with lava, just to clear all the junk

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:53:34 pm by Cellmonk »

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

"HI. Vehudur here. I've decided to retire. welcome to your post, Cellmonk. Have fun."

He died.

:(

This is also why I didn't do a journal entry.  Dead dwarves can't write.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 07:03:18 pm by Vehudur »
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile

The curse has been slacking lately.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I urge later overseers to flood the world outside with lava, just to clear all the junk

I think we just defined dwarfdom yet again.

"There's too much shit laying around.  Let's flood the place with magma and melt it all until everything becomes nice and clean".

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile

YEEEEEY, my computer can handle the madness!!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently Possum thinks kittens are dangerous animals.

Other than some freakouts, the dwarves are being quite efficient.

They are even dissembling demon corpses.

Notice how I've got all the doomed animals penned by the butchery. For some reason animals will go wherever you tell them.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:50:33 pm by Cellmonk »

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

Could I be re-dwarfed?  Male, please.  It was applicable last time I checked. :)
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I urge later overseers to flood the world outside with lava, just to clear all the junk

I think we just defined dwarfdom yet again.

"There's too much shit laying around.  Let's flood the place with magma and melt it all until everything becomes nice and clean".

The Dwarven Pasteurizer?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

Help the curse is trying to eat the thread and I can't fight it off myself!

So I've built a functional obsidian farm design that would be able to fit within the bounds of this fort.

But I can't spoil it all!

Is there a functional magma supply to the quarry level or will I have to build one? I think it's been established by my little adventure with the cistern that I can handle liquids, so don't worry.

On a related note, my BF walked past the screen and read the first line of this post and just about shit bricks laughing.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a functional magma supply to the quarry level or will I have to build one?

I don't believe there is, which is why I'm going to start a double pump stack. we'll see how far I get. You'll at least have some materials and the stack housing carved out.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

Is there a functional magma supply to the quarry level or will I have to build one?

I don't believe there is, which is why I'm going to start a double pump stack. we'll see how far I get. You'll at least have some materials and the stack housing carved out.

This would be *awesome*.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

There actually is. A magma pipe runs up through the quarry level and into the bottom of the third cavern layer.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There actually is. A magma pipe runs up through the quarry level and into the bottom of the third cavern layer.

That's perfect then. Ill hook it up to a second pump stack for higher levels.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

Have we heard anything from NCommander? 

Oh, and aussie, update the OP!

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 167