Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188046 times)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(with crap quality crafts)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Holy shit, a community fort is actually running out of volunteers?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Geez, one overseer inexplicably vanishes off the face of the Earth and suddenly everyone's scared to sign up or something.
     C'mon, you wusses, that's only like a 4% rate of disappearing without a trace for unknown reasons! Compared to certain Orwellian police states, that's fantastic!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Geez, one overseer inexplicably vanishes off the face of the Earth and suddenly everyone's scared to sign up or something.
     C'mon, you wusses, that's only like a 4% rate of disappearing without a trace for unknown reasons! Compared to certain Orwellian police states, that's fantastic!

I blame the curse. It's spreading. Now all you have to do to catch the curse is to THINK about signing up to run a community fort.

Next step: Every person on Bay12 will be infected. Except Toady. Toady is obviously immune.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forts like this make me wish Toady would implement an incinerator that could turn organic refuse into ash.  I've seen a mod that does this.  You only get ash every 1/20 or so burned items.  It would be great for worn out clothes, non-dwarf-sized clothes, wooden elf crap, etc.  Sure you can do the same with a bit of magma, but I'd prefer to just have an incinerator next to a refuse pile and feed the incinerator from it with a link.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

This is the part where I ask what the worst thing that could happen is.

You accidentally let the demons and goblins in at once, and then the place floods.

Been there, done that.  And yes, all at the same time.  Certainly learned not to forgot to lock the doors and hatches after that.

edit:  You know, I have a crazy idea that just might escape the curse... Mego; consider yourself volunteered FOR THE OVERSEER LIST!

No, you don't have to if you don't want
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:42:50 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You accidentally let the demons and goblins in at once, and then the place floods.

Been there, done that.  And yes, all at the same time.  Certainly learned not to forgot to lock the doors and hatches after that.

edit:  You know, I have a crazy idea that just might escape the curse... Mego; consider yourself volunteered FOR THE OVERSEER LIST!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. My final project for compsci just got a serious bug that I'm having trouble working out. There is no evidence that it wouldn't have cropped up if you hadn't "volunteered" me.

But yeah sure I guess. We'll see how busy I am in a few weeks.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. My final project for compsci just got a serious bug that I'm having trouble working out. There is no evidence that it wouldn't have cropped up if you hadn't "volunteered" me.

Does... does this mean I wield the curse?   :o

Hmmm...

Hey, Mapleguy;  Want another turn?...

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile

Woah,a succession fort that doesn't have 1000 newbies trying to troll the fort?!!!!!
WHAT IS THYNE MADNESS?!!

Aussie,congratulations on the first succession thread that ran out of volunteers!Want a pat on the back?

No?Okay.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woah,a succession fort that doesn't have 1000 newbies trying to troll the fort?!!!!!
WHAT IS THYNE MADNESS?!!

Aussie,congratulations on the first succession thread that ran out of volunteers!Want a pat on the back?

No?Okay.

...Are there any firsts I haven't done yet?  :-\

Possibly weaponizing clouds of deadly toxins... I get back to trying that one...

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile

WHAT IS THYNE MADNESS?!!

No?Okay.

...Are there any firsts I haven't done yet?  :-\

Possibly weaponizing clouds of deadly toxins... I get back to trying that one...

You can be the first to invent a parasite-like being that laches on to a victim and then transforms it in time into something different.
Nobody has even done that before on Dwarf fortress,if they have,it should of been way more famous right now.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can do that with mist, en masse no less, if my weaponization theory is right.  Plus modding doesn't count. 

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile

Righty righty..Well we changed the subject a bit.

Anyway though..we need more people to laugh at trying to reclaim sword thunder.So come on people!Do it like the lemmings and start signing up!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

As I mentioned previously, I'm willing to go for it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does... does this mean I wield the curse?   :o

Hmmm...

Hey, Mapleguy;  Want another turn?...

RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
In all seriousness, meh. I have a lot of homework.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:30:21 pm by Mapleguy555 »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 167