Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188132 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - Try the new Water Slide attraction!
« Reply #2055 on: October 11, 2012, 09:35:20 am »

I'm here, just that I've been busy with school again for a moment.

Dastotamud Overseer's log
Hematite, 110

The text under the heading of Hematite consists of little more than exquisite metaphors for the lack of events.

What little is written, however, consists of worried remarks about the countess not eating, footnotes to "remember to smash up cousac's tomb, as Erica has complained about it being too good" and fearful notes written in small text about a ghost following the writer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:44:18 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: October 11, 2012, 08:04:03 pm »

. . .
Sinister.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: October 11, 2012, 11:24:58 pm »

Doesn't look that way.

Okay people, you know the drill.  Start taking bets on whether or not we ever see Oliolli again.

I'm starting to wonder if it's a curse that makes real life take over, or if overseers see things that were never meant to be seen by mortals, and then disappear out of fear.

SQUIRRELOID, WHAT DID YOU SEE?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: October 11, 2012, 11:32:00 pm »

The curse generates spontaneous events in real life to try and keep you from playing it.  Some manage to work around it, some are overtaken by their new commitments, and others.... well, Squirrelloid still hasn't logged in since June...  :-\

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: October 12, 2012, 12:41:31 am »

Maybe Swordthunders hired Slendy or Herobrine from their respective games.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: October 12, 2012, 12:48:25 am »

Yeah something is killing off the overseers remind me never to take a turn.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 12, 2012, 03:04:00 am »

Maybe Swordthunders hired Slendy or Herobrine from their respective games.

After all the things I did to the place, I think I forged it into an evil unto itself. So many amusing needless deaths...

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: October 12, 2012, 06:12:20 am »

The curse generates spontaneous events in real life to try and keep you from playing it.

It has to be a coincidence that my turn just happened to start only slightly before a relatively important math test, after which I have my first Finnish course in half a year which basically means three essays to be written every two days. Also, it has nothing to do with my friend just getting the idea that he could lend me 4 series of Doctor Who on DVDs at the same time...

Dastotamud Overseer's log
Malachite, 110

The journal is, once again, empty for the most part. Some locations of new traps have been jotted down, as well as a remark about how nice "lawn decorations" the site has, in reference to the two forgotten beast skeletons on the front lawn. The worried notes about the countess continue, and there is also a note about the dead being silent again.

One notable entry exists, however.

21st of Malachite, 110
The elven merchants we "forgot" to let out of the trade depot have finally gone mad. One yak has gone berserk, the rest are mad or depressed.

In other, less happy news, the countess is finally snapping. She is throwing a tanrum. It didn't last, of course, she didn't have time to do anything bad.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:46:55 am by Oliolli »

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: October 12, 2012, 08:04:11 am »

You poor sad little madman.  Why are you letting the traders go berserk when you can just drown them?  Find an aquifer breach and hook up two pumps - one out of the aquifer and one back in.  Have them both lead to a small room on the level below with the trade depot inside.  Traders go in, the door is locked, a dwarf pumps until the room is full.  Wait until they're all drowned, then pump water back out of the room and into the aquifer.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 12, 2012, 08:25:44 am »

Isn't the trade depot open to the exterior, through those fortifications?

Also, good to see I'm becoming a threat to the general population :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: October 12, 2012, 08:40:20 am »

Yes, it is. Would need a lot of pumping. It gets filled with 7/7 water when the world is flooded.

The cistern is 4/7 full now, by the way.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 12, 2012, 08:58:27 pm »

Also, good to see I'm becoming a threat to the general population :P

Reread it.  I did imply to dig a new one  :P

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: October 12, 2012, 10:31:50 pm »

SuperDwarf points if you build a system that can use water OR magma.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 12, 2012, 10:49:52 pm »

I actually did something like this once.  It's not really worth doing as you have to wait for the water/magma to dissipate before you can use the other liquid.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 12, 2012, 11:52:25 pm »

I actually did something like this once.  It's not really worth doing as you have to wait for the water/magma to dissipate before you can use the other liquid.

You know what that means right? It means
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 167