Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188367 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - Try the new Water Slide attraction!
« Reply #1965 on: September 29, 2012, 12:20:26 am »

I'm getting on another plane tomorrow, so probably no updates til late Sat or Sun but I plan on finishing my turn this weekend. Sorry for the delay.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: September 29, 2012, 01:40:11 am »

Some people just want to watch the world drown.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 29, 2012, 12:55:27 pm »

You know after reading that combat log thoroughly I have one question to ask. Why (before I was stabbed in the head) was I wearing an Elk Bird leather dress?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 29, 2012, 03:44:09 pm »

Some people just want to watch the world drown.
Some people just want to release the clowns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=izSbvMMz_ZM&feature=endscreen
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 04:06:38 pm by Cellmonk »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1970 on: September 30, 2012, 03:15:31 pm »

I might have really cocked this up, the pressure plate is now preventing the flood corridor from properly draining. i didn't take into account that as it drains, water will fluxiate between 6/7 and 7/7 causing multiple trigger signals to open the cristen floodgates
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 30, 2012, 03:23:12 pm »

FIX IT!!!!!!! Also seriously why was I wearing an Elk Bird Leather Dress?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1972 on: September 30, 2012, 03:48:38 pm »

You came that way :-P. I didn't assign it. I' physically can't GET to the pressure plate to disable it, so I disconnected the pumps and openedthe drainage floodgate. In theory, once water dropsto 6/7 all around,I should be able to get in and deconstruct the plate.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 30, 2012, 04:36:53 pm »

You came that way :-P. I didn't assign it. I' physically can't GET to the pressure plate to disable it, so I disconnected the pumps and openedthe drainage floodgate. In theory, once water dropsto 6/7 all around,I should be able to get in and deconstruct the plate.

I need a successor I need to see how many Dwarves will die under my name (also it means people CAN punish me by making him work on the hell walls) also I thought the hell walls were complete? :3 Also that dress makes me wonder if I was a chick. I never remember to check half my dwarves genders.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1974 on: September 30, 2012, 06:56:01 pm »

I need a successor I need to see how many Dwarves will die under my name (also it means people CAN punish me by making him work on the hell walls) also I thought the hell walls were complete? :3 Also that dress makes me wonder if I was a chick. I never remember to check half my dwarves genders.

Hrm, dwarfs dying under your name?

No problem.

You are now Lolor 'zacen299 II' Gusiltat, sheriff, but preferred to be known as Dwarf Slayer. You already have one kill (a dwarf) to your name and will likely kill many more due to beatings or prisoners starving to death.

EDIT: The save just bugged up royally. Granted I've never gotten a baron before, so this may be off base, but Instead of getting the duchy promotion (and having a dwarf promoted to said postition and I was prompted to select a dwarf), Erica was promoted to count instead, complete with message.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:11:55 pm by NCommander »

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 30, 2012, 07:56:57 pm »

Hrm, dwarfs dying under your name?

No problem.

You are now Lolor 'zacen299 II' Gusiltat, sheriff, but preferred to be known as Dwarf Slayer. You already have one kill (a dwarf) to your name and will likely kill many more due to beatings or prisoners starving to death.

EDIT: The save just bugged up royally. Granted I've never gotten a baron before, so this may be off base, but Instead of getting the duchy promotion (and having a dwarf promoted to said postition and I was prompted to select a dwarf), Erica was promoted to count instead, complete with message.

Wait wasn't she already Count? Or some other noble position? Regardless that is messed up. Edit: Also what did the Dwarf do that I murdered?

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 30, 2012, 08:12:28 pm »

Last I remember, Erica was Baroness and I was count. Since I died they may have been looking for a replacement.

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 30, 2012, 08:22:31 pm »

Last I remember, Erica was Baroness and I was count. Since I died they may have been looking for a replacement.

Oh fun so things have gone insane? Eh well at least it's going to plan. :3

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1978 on: September 30, 2012, 08:24:29 pm »

Wait wasn't she already Count? Or some other noble position? Regardless that is messed up. Edit: Also what did the Dwarf do that I murdered?

When I got the save, the nobles screen listed corsac as "a county", and Erica as "a barony". When corsac committed suicide by goblin, he disappeared off the nobles screen. Now it currently reads "a county" only, with Erica listed.

I was under the impression that the baron was always upgraded to count (and the wiki suggests that's what supposed to happen), so having a separate baron/count seems to have been a bug in the first place and the game auto-corrected. The other side of it is there's a long standing bug that if a promoted noble (baron/count/duke) dies, the game never replaces them. Either way, the game bugged up hard on this. I suspect a lot of this may be due to the fort is in reclaim mode which causes our wealth to be "odd" (it only counts wealth created since the reclaim and not whats present).

I *never* had a DF2010 game successfully get a promotion so it seems a bit odd that Swordthunders managed to go all the way to county (twice!) without a bug-up.

If we loose the count, I recommend a temporarily raw fix so we can appoint a new one. (process is making the postition appointable by the mayor, appointing the person, then restoring the raws to as is; then again, I also always fix elves/humans diplomats, and in 2010, used dfhack fixwagons.).

EDIT: Forgot to mention: zarcen, your dwarf beat Squirrelliod to death.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:26:15 pm by NCommander »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 30, 2012, 08:43:53 pm »

I thought the hell walls were complete?

They were, but a few overseers have made breaches in them to try and drain Hell of magma.

Speaking of which, how's Hell look right now, NCommander?
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 167