Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188356 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - Try the new Water Slide attraction!
« Reply #1935 on: September 27, 2012, 12:29:16 pm »

Swordthunders: Proving it is possible to fuck the world without the use of lava since 109.

Also, a resort.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: September 27, 2012, 03:19:45 pm »

Bravo! Bravo! Always up for some carnage. At least it had a happy ending.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: September 27, 2012, 05:25:30 pm »

Wait Wait "A" Migrant... That guy is a nutjob. I wonder if he'll actually make it to the fortress without dying?

Dwarfed.

HUZZAH! I give myself a week. No make it a month. No no I'll be a vampire and you'll either lock me in a box or kill me. That or a were-creature.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1938 on: September 27, 2012, 06:37:58 pm »

Wait Wait "A" Migrant... That guy is a nutjob. I wonder if he'll actually make it to the fortress without dying?

Dwarfed.

HUZZAH! I give myself a week. No make it a month. No no I'll be a vampire and you'll either lock me in a box or kill me. That or a were-creature.

No vampires/necromancers in this version :-).

Played through summer, which was rather quiet and boring. Work on automated the FDS continues.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 27, 2012, 06:49:12 pm »

Dwarfed.

Played through summer, which was rather quiet and boring. Work on automated the FDS continues.

Awwwwww. Fine well regardless I really really hope when and if he dies he goes down in a spectacular way. I don't really care if it is something stupid or brave as long as it's spectacular.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: September 27, 2012, 06:52:54 pm »

Dwarfed.

Awwwwww. Fine well regardless I really really hope when and if he dies he goes down in a spectacular way. I don't really care if it is something stupid or brave as long as it's spectacular.

Well, you can always ask to be assigned as a beekeeper.  In this version of the game, they never survive long.  They typically die horribly while staring at a bee hive.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: September 27, 2012, 06:56:38 pm »

Dwarfed.

Well, you can always ask to be assigned as a beekeeper.  In this version of the game, they never survive long.  They typically die horribly while staring at a bee hive.

Let me guess stung to death?

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: September 27, 2012, 06:59:21 pm »

Dwarfed.

Nope, they just get stuck.  Apparently beekeepers get mesmerized by bee hives and just stare at them until something kills them.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: September 27, 2012, 07:01:16 pm »

Dwarfed.

Nope, they just get stuck.  Apparently beekeepers get mesmerized by bee hives and just stare at them until something kills them.

What... also that isn't spectacular. No no no I need him to get in the way of a forgotten beast (while not in the military) and be hit and explode or something like that. Well that or something like breaching a pool of water in a way that causes him to fall off a cliff or something.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: September 27, 2012, 07:18:56 pm »

...though since magma doesn't pressurize...

It does. How do you think dwarven landmines work? Pump magma several levels above ground, with a large cistern, and open a hatch down at ground level. All the magma in the cistern flies out the hatch. :P

Naturally occurring magma doesn't have pressure, but once it's pumped it does.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1945 on: September 27, 2012, 07:33:51 pm »

Dwarfed.

What... also that isn't spectacular. No no no I need him to get in the way of a forgotten beast (while not in the military) and be hit and explode or something like that. Well that or something like breaching a pool of water in a way that causes him to fall off a cliff or something.

You just got the beekeeper labor, and I'm installed the hives in skylight section of the catacombs where the goblins washed in.

...though since magma doesn't pressurize...

It does. How do you think dwarven landmines work? Pump magma several levels above ground, with a large cistern, and open a hatch down at ground level. All the magma in the cistern flies out the hatch. :P

Naturally occurring magma doesn't have pressure, but once it's pumped it does.

Didn't know that. I generally don't do much with magma traps as I hate building pumpstacks.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: September 27, 2012, 08:01:06 pm »

Dwarfed.

You just got the beekeeper labor, and I'm installed the hives in skylight section of the catacombs where the goblins washed in.

I was asking for that. I'm so going to die next time anything attacks.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: September 27, 2012, 08:32:55 pm »

Oh god, the quotation abuse!

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: September 27, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »

NCommander, would you be so kind as to sentence the quote pyramid'ers in the traditional Swordthunders way? 

Warren them in hell and have them (re)build the HellWalls!

TO THE WALLS WITH YOU!

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 167