Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188363 times)

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #1875 on: September 20, 2012, 11:53:27 pm »

YUS. Now. Write an excerpt in the the Crundle Leather Book. This part of the book is the descriptory part.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wouldn't know where to start :-/

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 21, 2012, 02:46:33 am »

The curse has been bested... for now. Squirrelloid is still missing.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 21, 2012, 05:48:51 am »

You actually managed to unhaunt most of the fort?  You most definitely the title of Count of Swordthunders, cousac.

I'll PM slothen now and let him know he's next to jump into this cesspit of madness

Slothen's now been notified that he's the latest lucky winner of a year-long holiday to scenic Swordthunders.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:51:46 am by ThatAussieGuy »

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: September 21, 2012, 10:09:57 pm »

I want to see if this can get any worse. I'd play but I'm still so bad at the game and barely know how to do anything I'd screw EVERYTHING up. To put this into perspective I don't even know how to work with liquids yet.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 22, 2012, 07:41:42 am »

I want to see if this can get any worse. I'd play but I'm still so bad at the game and barely know how to do anything I'd screw EVERYTHING up. To put this into perspective I don't even know how to work with liquids yet.

Do not worry. The fort is in such a condition that the player's actions do not affect if the fort dies or not. All you need to know is how to lock floor hatches. Regarding liquids, everything is automated.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 22, 2012, 12:12:04 pm »

Suddenly, all the coffins explode in a shower of rock. All nearby dwarves are shotgunned with the shrapnel, and immediately suffer organ punctures. Then every single body rises from the dead as ghosts. This'd be the end of Swordthunders #... 6?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 22, 2012, 01:01:39 pm »

Do not worry. The fort is in such a condition that the player's actions do not affect if the fort dies or not. All you need to know is how to lock floor hatches. Regarding liquids, everything is automated.

You automated everything? Wow, so in other words you managed to get it back to the bastion of death it was before?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 22, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »

So no response yet?

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 22, 2012, 02:20:11 pm »

You automated everything? Wow, so in other words you managed to get it back to the bastion of death it was before?

I meant that the fort has a mind of it's own by now. If it wants to die, you can't stop it. If it wants to live, you can't kill it.

Liquids, the waterworks are... waterworking, the cistern is filling and hell is draining. Nothing more to know.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 22, 2012, 03:30:58 pm »

I meant that the fort has a mind of it's own by now. If it wants to die, you can't stop it. If it wants to live, you can't kill it.

Liquids, the waterworks are... waterworking, the cistern is filling and hell is draining. Nothing more to know.

You know I have to wonder does anything even willingly attack Swordthunders anymore? It seems like only people forced into it would at this point and there would be horrible stories for scaring children about Swordthunders different for every race but equally crazy. It's like the new boogeyman but it's a fort instead. Although that seems to happen to ALL the succession games ever.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 23, 2012, 02:52:13 am »

Turns out all the goblins attacking the fort are actually pilgrims. They attack anything they see in a desperate attempt at self-defence. They then wander on to the entrance to pay their respects to all the warriors whose lives ended at the traps.

They didn't know that the traps were still active.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 23, 2012, 09:26:57 am »

BTW, Possum?

You really need to get out more!  ;D LOL

Yay! :D I shall call him... Cuddles... The Goblin slayer.

It is now my life goal to shield bash a Goblin to death, even if it kills me.

Which I suspect it will.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 24, 2012, 09:33:38 pm »

Is there still a dwarfing list?
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 24, 2012, 10:24:32 pm »

Is there still a dwarfing list?

So far These are that were dorfed so far.

dorf list

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 24, 2012, 10:30:59 pm »

Whoops, sorry.  I've been busy doing my turn in Deathgate.  Looks like Slothen's AWOL, so the turn's passed to... NCommander!

edit:  NCommander has now been informed that he's won the next holiday vacation to Swordthunders.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:34:08 pm by ThatAussieGuy »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 167