Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188422 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #1830 on: September 09, 2012, 11:44:05 am »

All I ask is the occasional note to let us know it's still going, even if nothing's happened.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 09, 2012, 12:35:47 pm »

Is it just me, or are the normal crickets being slowly replaced by cricket demons?

Just you.  Demons know better than to intrude in one of my forts.

So then how do you explain this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 09, 2012, 12:39:40 pm »

GAH! Kill it! Kill it with FIRE! Nuke it from orbit!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 09, 2012, 01:03:46 pm »

SHOOT IT INTO THE SUN!

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 09, 2012, 01:04:37 pm »

SHOOT IT INTO THE SUN!

It's the only way to be sure.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 09, 2012, 06:35:48 pm »

lol presses red button
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 10, 2012, 10:24:02 pm »

Still playing. But spending too much time inmemorial and slabbing menu so the game itself hasn't progressed much :-p laters

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 10, 2012, 11:21:43 pm »

Still playing. But spending too much time inmemorial and slabbing menu so the game itself hasn't progressed much :-p laters

I love how everyone's turn has consisted to some degree of "burying dead and slabbing ghosts".  And it's still nowhere near done

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 10, 2012, 11:56:15 pm »

How do we know we aren't all just slabbing the same ones over and over again? 31.25 didn't track that, or at least not in a manner that aided the player, I believe.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 11, 2012, 12:02:25 am »

It'll never get done because every time migrants arrive they die and add to the problem.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: September 11, 2012, 12:10:11 am »

How do we know we aren't all just slabbing the same ones over and over again? 31.25 didn't track that, or at least not in a manner that aided the player, I believe.

I assumed people were going by the ghosts roaming the place and slabbing the most dangerous. 

Out of curiosity, how many slabs and coffins are in the fort now?

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:21 am »

I love how everyone's turn has consisted to some degree of "burying dead and slabbing ghosts".  And it's still nowhere near done

I did nothing related to that. xD

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 11, 2012, 12:30:22 am »

Actually I'm matching names of ghosts to the list. I'm making good use of the v key and the unit list :-) I'm consistently getting spirit laid to rest messages but there's still more :-p

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: September 11, 2012, 12:20:18 pm »

SHOOT IT INTO THE SUN!

It's the only way to be sure.

But it's cute?

lol presses red button

Nukes don't really work that way.

Actually I'm matching names of ghosts to the list. I'm making good use of the v key and the unit list :-) I'm consistently getting spirit laid to rest messages but there's still more :-p

This is the way to do it.  Good job.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 13, 2012, 08:23:05 pm »

Previously on Swordthunder...

“Overseer, you got some dwarfs to see ya!”

“Thanks, lad. Show them in!”

Rulmeng has showed in a tall, stocky dwarf and a short, anemic one.

“Hello, I’m Jadeson and this is Granite. We’re from The Mountainhome Paranormal Investigations. We were told you wanted to see us?”

“Hello, yes, I did. You see I am attempting to memorialize the dead and grant them eternal rest. Problem is we don’t know who all the spirits are. We can’t memorialize without a name.”

Granite smiled and gesticulated as he spoke. “We are well-equpped to speak with the spirits. By using the LDT...”

“The what?”

Jadeson chuckled sheepishly. “The ‘Lava Disturbance Translator,’ it reads the ripples on the lava in the area of a haunting and translates the frequency into something resembling dwarven speech. It is not 100% accurate, but we’ve given many families closure through the use of the LDT.”

“Ah, I see. Well, however you do it, I’d like a census of the restless spirits around here so we can finally put them to rest.”

Granite was slightly disgruntled to be interrupted. “We can certainly start right away. We’ll get you a list in a few days.”

“Wonderful! I shall see you both in a few days!”

Few days later. “Overseer, I bring bad news.”

“What is it, commander?”

“Well, those two dwarfs you hired?”

“You mean Jadeson and Granite, the fellows from the MPI? What about them?”

“They were found dead in the lower levels, sir.”

“What?! Did the Forgotten Beast get to them?”

“No, sir. It seems they were bludgeoned, “ he checked his report before continuing, “with Jadeson’s own right leg.”

I sat down and put my face in my hands, “ ‘Mok preserve me! Am I going to have to guess from the list of the deceased?”

“Actually, sir, we did find a list beside their bodies.” He handed me a scroll. I opened it and saw a long list of restless spirits. I handed it back to him.

“Get this to the craftsman, and tell him to get started yesterday! We have no more time to waste!”

“Yes, sir. Right away, sir.”

The summer is passing by without event. The goblins were either slaughtered by our roaming animals or by our traps. A few have been caged, but I will leave them to starve. I have no interest in prisoners.

So many of the spirits have been laid to rest. Seems so quiet and peaceful. Only a handful remains.

“Hey, Bigguy. It’s nice and quiet, ain’t it?”

I sighed, “hello, Erica. Yes, I’ve had some decent sleep in the last week.”

“Bad news, bubba.”

“What?”

“Got another one possessed.”

“Oh, no,” I do not need this. I can only hope he/she can get what they need.

It’s early Galena, our planter has claimed a Leatherworks. So far so good, let’s see if we have the goods he needs.

“The human caravan has arrived, Overseer”

“Thank you, captain. Any sign of those despicable gobins?”

“Not as of yet, sir”

“Well, they can’t be too far behind. Keep your eyes peeled and stay alert.”

“Yes, sir.” She turned to leave.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:28:28 pm by cousac »

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 167