Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188196 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Speaking of, has Squirrelloid been seen since his Mysterious Disappearance?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

"Anyone seen Squirrelloid?" is going to be a permanent forum-specific meme at this rate.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Anyone seen Squirrelloid?" is going to be a permanent forum-specific meme at this rate.

I looked at his profile and the answer's no.  It's seemingly apt, given the increasing levels of sudden distraction everyone else encountered before him.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like my need to hand the book off 3 months early.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

I think squirrelloid might have had something come up irl, and is too ashamed about having to miss his turn to show his face  :-\ Heaven knows I've been in that position before :-[
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think squirrelloid might have had something come up irl, and is too ashamed about having to miss his turn to show his face  :-\ Heaven knows I've been in that position before :-[

Stop trying to make sense of the situation.  This is a place of madness, and that's how we like it!

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, but I can't help it :P I'm the Only Sane Man within my group of friends.

Ang if a DF player is the Only Sane Man in any sense, you know that there's something wrong.
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, but I can't help it :P I'm the Only Sane Man within my group of friends.

Ang if a DF player is the Only Sane Man in any sense, you know that there's something wrong.

We don't want your sanity here.  It might be contagious  :P

If I caught sanity, I might stop making megaprojects.  Now THERE'S a scary thought

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Although that IS a scary thought, I'd rather play my turn as overseer (assuming that this fort live that long; it probably won't though) as the straight man of the group ;D

And last I checked, sanity is for TEH WEAK.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I'm just poking fun.  Of course you're welcome to have a crack at this madhouse as The Sane One.  And this place is more durable than you might think.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Of course it will live long enough. There are only 6 people in queue in front of you. That means one or two turns, tops!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course it will live long enough. There are only 6 people in queue in front of you. That means one or two turns, tops!

I dunno, the last time I asked for a turn in a fort, it died within a week of my asking :P

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno, the last time I asked for a turn in a fort, it died within a week of my asking :P

Was that other fort hewn from the mind of a madman with a second fort of engineering insanity waiting in the wings should this one fall?

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

'Sides, Swordthunders has died three or four times now, depending on who you ask. The original loss, which I think was an abandonment, and three reclaims. Who is to say we can't simply reclaim again should the fort fall?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 167