Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188170 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

I fear I may be slowly going mad as I look over this "fortress."

Welcome to the club! :D

If Oliolli is dead, I'll just wait 'til my own turn to get redorfed.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh, my head feels like it’s been split open.

I was lying on the floor in a pool of my own vomit. To my right was the most hideous lady dwarf and to my left was a monkey. I really hope it was the monkey that I hooked up with. The way she was looking at me, l think l may have. *shudders*

I attempted to stand up and felt the whole world roll over me, leaving me nauseated in the process.

Note to self: Drink even more next time so that you're still drunk when you wake.

I took a step forward and immediately found my face planted in the floor.

By Armok's bloodied teats, what sent me sprawling?

I unplanted my face, and turned onto my tuchus.  What I saw was a rather thick tome, lying with its backside up. On it was an artfully drawn sock.

No, no, nonononono... NO! I can’t be the next chosen overseer...no!

I slowly rocked myself to and fro, oblivious of the blood gushing out of my crushed nose. This is a horror I would not wish upon my most hated enemies, not even the Armok-forsaken mini-orcs who surround us outside. To take over as overseer of Swordthunder sounds the death knell for one’s sanity....never to return.

Suddenly, I was stone-cold sober, headache and pains went away. I was numb, in shock, and perhaps a bit overwhelmed. So this is it. My lot in life. It may “only” be a year, but so much can happen in a year. I hope I live to the end. May ‘Mok have mercy on my beard.

With that thought, I stood up and made my way out the door, leaving behind the hideous and the beast. I go forth to the madness that surely awaits me. Will I prevail or will I succumb to the madness that is Swordthunder.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:34:15 pm by cousac »

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have to cat-sit the next 2 days, so I won't be able to play. I plan on Marathoning on Saturday tho' so expect a Mega update then.I'm churning along at 40fps so It's not frame-hell at least. It's just the damn fort is overwhelming. Sheesh, y'alls got some snowflake-kinda special goin with each of yo' madness! So to summarize...MEGA UPDATE...saturday. see ya there.

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Well, at least you didn't inherit too many murderous ghosts. I checked!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nevermind, My fps dropped severely when I unpaused. I have patience and can work through the fps hell (it dropped to single digits), so the rest of you will need to be patient with me :) Fortunately, this gives me time to write an actual story instead of "9 dwarfs killed each other so nothing happened today" and no, no one died yet

Consequently, I chose a dorf:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And he has no friends:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have a little patience with me as a wade through the fps crawl. I guess duo core isn't enough for swordthunder

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha Swordthunders mocks your puny machine mortal! :D

Also, "He has an iron will"? This should be a good reign of terror.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

"Poor creativity"

He's going to be the most boring, cliche dictator ever :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

"Poor creativity"

He's going to be the most boring, cliche dictator ever :P

"What, he executed a dozen of us for insolence?  Bo-ring!  The first guy worked hundreds of us to death to build the HellWalls and Villas!"

Good luck battling the fort, cousac.  Try not to let the fort eat you like it did Squirrelloid.  Seriously, has anyone spotted him since?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

The place is a glorified garbage dump now, no offense. And I'm not even talking about the dwarves.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The place is a glorified garbage dump now, no offense. And I'm not even talking about the dwarves.

Now?!  It's always been packed with crap.  Seriously, grab the save and go look at the quarry level.  It's an entire z-level of STUFF.  The fort has enough mugs, rotten clothing and furniture to see it through to sometime in the next millennium.

edit:  Out of curiosity, who did you select as Baron, Eric Blank?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean it keeps getting worse. every time the goblins whack a caravan FPS drops further. Honestly man this may end up dying from an FPS related death, cause eventually it will get to unbearable levels for anyone to play.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alas, that is true.  It might be necessary to autodump crap just so it's playable like Deathgate.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to say that myself. I had to do it for SPearbreakers, as a number of caravans met untimely demisies and the volume of crap coupled with the weather and temperature considerations was dragging down the FPS.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to say that myself. I had to do it for SPearbreakers, as a number of caravans met untimely demisies and the volume of crap coupled with the weather and temperature considerations was dragging down the FPS.

Yeah.  The temp's gotta stay, just for magma's sake, but I think it may well be time to autodump some crap.  What do you lot think?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm all for it. I would have done it myself but you guys more or less squashed that when I'd mentioned the runesmiting ghosts. I assumed you'd also get annoyed if I had asked about autodumping at least the stuff outside into the magma.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 167