Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188344 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I probably shouldn't bring up the tantrum spiral that killed most of the fort in it's early years, should I?  230-odd dwarves down to 50-ish.  And when the year is only 40/50-ish, that's probably a sizable dent in the civ.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

It was really horrible watching thos surface guys get butchured.

And seriously, a ghost tore someone's leg off.

Ghosts have done worse here.  I've seen one break all four limbs on a dwarf.

Didn't something like that happen close to the end of your original reign? Something to do with Mego, if I remember correctly.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

It was really horrible watching thos surface guys get butchured.

And seriously, a ghost tore someone's leg off.

Ghosts have done worse here.  I've seen one break all four limbs on a dwarf.

Didn't something like that happen close to the end of your original reign? Something to do with Mego, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a ghost tore off 3 or 4 of my dorf's limbs at some time. Asshole.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, it was Eric Blank's dwarf, right before I savescummed due to a terminal dwarf shortage before I could flood Hell with magma (There were all of three left and all had been crippled by ghosts)

I haven't done the rewind yet.  I decided to let it run a little longer, just in case it suddenly started filling again.  Sadly, the fortress is utterly, irredeemably screwed.  The ghosts have killed Oliolli and Mego IV, and Eric Blank's sort of... well... let's just say he's not going to be smoothing or engraving anything unless he uses his teeth and tongue

I did find what happened to yours, Mego - A ghost ripped your leg off and beat you with it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Hey, at least I got to be mayor for the duration of my life as a quadruple amputee. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

I did find what happened to yours, Mego - A ghost ripped your leg off and beat you with it.

Oh, I forgot about that because it was boring.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How goes the fort, Splint?  Still sane?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Holding together. I'm going to take my sweet time because if I don't I'll go nuts with rage and give up DF altogether.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holding together. I'm going to take my sweet time because if I don't I'll go nuts with rage and give up DF altogether.

No problem.  What's making you rage at the fort?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The FPS. It's soooooooo Slow. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow.  :'(

Soul crushingly slow in fact.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you use DFHack? Use cleanowned and others. That may help.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was told no mods or hacks. Therefore, no mods or hacks of any sort shall be employed.

Otherwise I will runesmite those god-damn ghosts just to save on FPS.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was told no mods or hacks. Therefore, no mods or hacks of any sort shall be employed.

Otherwise I will runesmite those god-damn ghosts just to save on FPS.

Those ghosts died ignoble deaths and have rightfully returned to haunt the place.  Besides, without them Swordthunders might actually approach being a pleasant place to live.

Besides, it's not so much the ghosts as the stuff.  So, so much loose stuff.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You really should have thought that part out better. Like locking the place up all nice and tight so at the the piles of shit would stay inside.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You really should have thought that part out better. Like locking the place up all nice and tight so at the the piles of shit would stay inside.

True, but there were only about 14 dwarves left at the end.  And random piles of crap throughout the entire fortress from dead animals, goblins, trolls and the odd discarded piece of tattered clothing.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 167