Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188286 times)

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile

Well since my plans for to morrow got cancelled, I'll finally try to power through at least summer and autumn.

This may well be the first time someone's suddenly found themselves free to play the fort, considering the previous 5-6 overseer attempts.  I'm not sure if the 'curse' is broken, or the fort is actually semi-intelligent and knows how to mess with people attempting to play it...

Hey I had free time... But I think I just took my time doing it... :-\
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:47:50 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

And now an update! As feeble as it is.
------------------

15th Felsite, 107.

I've been watching the mess outside as best I can. Saw one of those surface dwarves tangle with a snatcher.

Boy was it nasty. She punched him with enough force to shatter his arm based on how it went flopping about afterward. He tried to bolt, but that girl would havenone of that and yanked him on his ass by the collar of his tunic. Saw her twist his other arm, probably shattered his joints, and I know for a fact she busted a knee. After that she kept punching him until he stopped screaming. Then she grabbed a barrel off a nearby donkey skeleton and took a drink before hauling back to thier camp.

Haven't seen those goblins do much. I'm honestly considering finding whoever's in charge of mining operations adn having them dig an escape hatch to let them in, and so we can build a nice watch tower so I don't have to keep watching the spectacles from the doorway.

19th Felsite, 107.
Elves got fucked up pretty good, and the goblins are still having thier vicious staring contest with the surface folk. I fully expect them to die in the next few days though> If the goblins pack it in and leave we might be safe to live another... Week or two maybe.

Personal note: I'm sick of all this junk laying everywhere. Also look into finding any looming architctural problems and start training.

20th Felsite, 107
Welp, the clash finally happened. Poor sods Don't have a chance in hell. I'll give'em fifteen minutes, max. Poor bastards... And I'm not sure but I think a kid was nabbed. Dunno yet, but I'm going to dig that relief tunnel in case the kid is safe.

Fuck this bleeding heart bullshit.... If he dies he dies.

24th Felsite, 107.
Welp, they're all dead. Lasted a few days actually, not that it mattered. I saw a bunch of monkies swiping things, but quite frankly I'm glad. I'd give the ugly little bastards medals for thier theft if I could. COME ONE COME ALL, WE GOT PLENTY A SHIT TO SPARE!!!

Now we get to play the waiting game for those fuckwits to leave. I'm almost positive I glimpsed some interesting critters on the elves before they got jumped.

25th Felsite, 107.
That fuckhead leatherworker made a flut. A fucking turkey leather flute. I don't even give two shits how pretty it is, if it weren't for the fact I need him alive, I'd have bludgeoned his worthless ass to death with it!

ARGH!! I'm honestly tempted to unlock the doors and shout at the goblins to come right the fuck in, cause we certainly don't deserve to live if we go a little funny in the head and make fuckin' turkey leather flutes encrusteed with gems!

27th Felsite, 107
Some craftsdwarf got "battered" by one of these godsdamned ghosts. Battered my hairy dwarven ass, It fucking tore his leg off and beat him with it! If he survives it'll be a miracle. I've decided to stop dragging crap around if I can help it and assist with medical aid and smoothing out exposed stone.

-------------
Pardon the cursing, but I felt it necessary to get the point accross my dwarf is becoming increasingly hot-tempered in a very small window of time. I was seriously considering just opening the doors, drafting everyone and then letting what happened happen.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile

!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also we have a demonic incursion somwhere. Hope there's some hatches to keep them down there sealed I don't know about.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Oh curse all you want, I don't mind.  It's really the only way to properly convey the insanity that goes on in this place.  And you'll have to brave a look down to find out for yourself if you want to know if the demons can get in.  The only ones that can fly are Pterosaur Demons, just an FYI

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was really horrible watching thos surface guys get butchured.

And seriously, a ghost tore someone's leg off.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was really horrible watching thos surface guys get butchured.

And seriously, a ghost tore someone's leg off.

Ghosts have done worse here.  I've seen one break all four limbs on a dwarf.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen them gas Migrantopia. And brutally murder a dwarf. With cold.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen them gas Migrantopia. And brutally murder a dwarf. With cold.

Oh yeah, you had the miasma-spewing one, didn't you?  How did the cold thing happen though?

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do ghosts have a temperature in the raws? Perhaps a murderous ghost is also colder than a normal ghost?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still find it funny that what should have been a savage beating will likely be a ghostly murder.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still find it funny that what should have been a savage beating will likely be a ghostly murder.

It's not the first time this has happened.  Not even the tenth.  I worked the dwarves to death sealing Hell, and the ones that didn't get buried were due to them either fell down into the Glowing Chasms, getting left outside to rot in the sun, or just plain vanishing without so much as an announcement. 

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You really fucked this civ up then didn't you?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You really fucked this civ up then didn't you?

I got a lot of dwarves killed via demons, goblins and poor working conditions.  And just kept going till there were no more left. Anywhere.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take that as a yes.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 167