Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188408 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Yeah. I've been procrastinating though sorry to say (roofing saps your will to do much besides type and really breif stint on DF in my case. I haven't even had the will to hang out with my friends.)  And how the hell am I going to find anything in this mess? Let alone anything specific. If it isn't by the main entrance as far as I'm cooncerned it may as well exist in a seperate plane of reality.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Yeah. I've been procrastinating though sorry to say (roofing saps your will to do much besides type and really breif stint on DF in my case. I haven't even had the will to hang out with my friends.)  And how the hell am I going to find anything in this mess? Let alone anything specific. If it isn't by the main entrance as far as I'm cooncerned it may as well exist in a seperate plane of reality.

There's a literal level-o'-stuff down by the magma sea.  That's where all the fort's stuff is coming from.  I think the hotkey for it is the one marked 'quarry' if it hasn't been overwritten

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The hotkeys have never worked for me. I don't even know what the hell is what except the gate and the mess hall.

Just a sea of filled coffins, slabs, scattered junk and bodies.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The hotkeys have never worked for me. I don't even know what the hell is what except the gate and the mess hall.

Just a sea of filled coffins, slabs, scattered junk and bodies.

Hahahahah. 

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. 

Oh my. 

You're in for a treat.

Scroll down to the magma sea.  You'll find the level of interest above it. 

No-one's managed to clean up the quarry level yet, right?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I..... Don't know what level is the quarry.....

There's a big strip-mined area, but I think that's the cistern (Still slowly filling last I checked.)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I..... Don't know what level is the quarry.....

There's a big strip-mined area, but I think that's the cistern (Still slowly filling last I checked.)

Zoom out so you can see most of the map, then just start going down the z-levels.  You'll see it about 120-odd z-levels down.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now I may just avoid that so I can maintain what little sanity this and Spearbreakers left me with.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just had a look out of curiosity for myself and had some thoughts

- You guys have really let the place go. 
- HOG, very funny.
- I'm amazed how low the magma level's dropped.
- I... what... why is there a breach near the magma tube in the third cavern and a support pillar holding a layer of rock in an empty room near nothing?
- Who made a half-forgotten plan to drain the river into the first cavern?
- <censored ramblings>

You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Splint, If you go up two/three levels from the main fort's level, you'll get a minor taste of what it's like about 130 z-levels below the surface...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So.... Avoid going too far from the main entry. Got it.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile

:D
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Sorely tempted now to drag out mah 31.25 and see just what sort of nightmare Splint's looking at. This is the first time I've seen him apprehensive, ever.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

If I can fit that into my sig, may I?

- I... what... why is there a breach near the magma tube in the third cavern and a support pillar holding a layer of rock in an empty room near nothing?
- Who made a half-forgotten plan to drain the river into the first cavern?

Those may have something to do with the first and second versions of Operation HYLJE. I had planned on flowing some water onto the magma flow at the quarry level to plug it. I didn't.

If the support is near the site of Operation HYLJE, it may have something to do with a backup plan.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:24:47 pm by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorely tempted now to drag out mah 31.25 and see just what sort of nightmare Splint's looking at. This is the first time I've seen him apprehensive, ever.

He never should have challenged the wonderful madness of Swordthunders.  The madness always wins

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well since my plans for to morrow got cancelled, I'll finally try to power through at least summer and autumn.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well since my plans for to morrow got cancelled, I'll finally try to power through at least summer and autumn.

This may well be the first time someone's suddenly found themselves free to play the fort, considering the previous 5-6 overseer attempts.  I'm not sure if the 'curse' is broken, or the fort is actually semi-intelligent and knows how to mess with people attempting to play it...
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 167