Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188831 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like a turn on this game.  Also where can I sign up for a turn on the doomclock game?

Could you dig into it and disable the mechanism after draining the water around it or would that be cheating?

uh yeah.  That would be cheating. Duh.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

I'm still trying to get my bearings of the place - I have no idea what to do when I unpause or what needs done yet.

Apparently there's a hole in the wall around hell. Start with that and then improvise.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

I have not even gotten that far yet.  I can't find anything like a food stockpile or booze stockpile or bedrooms or anything like that.  Except the bedrooms in hell.  I found those.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I know there's a large mess hall and some sleeping space near what i assume is the main entrance. Across from that was an office and a larger bedroom, for what I assume to be the mayor's suite.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I'd like a turn on this game.  Also where can I sign up for a turn on the doomclock game?

Added you to the turnlist.  The doomclock fort is just one I'm going to share in the Fortress forum as a "take this and play it however you please" thing.  Just kinda discussing it here to kill time

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AUssie, your first fort I've encountered is bad enough.

Why oh why would you loose another abomination upoon us?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Just for the hell of it. Even sadists have needs, you know.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because this one isn't one project - it's a combination of several projects and concepts integrated into a single pre-planned fortress.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also known as the stuff of an architect's nightmares.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

Because this one isn't one project - it's a combination of several projects and concepts integrated into a single pre-planned fortress.

If you are going extreme with this, would you like to test the ady hammer hfs mining method? You know, the one where natural stone is dropped on a vein, that layer it lands on is cleared, its dropped again, and so on, until it actually breaks through to hfs.

The idea is that  if the hammer is tall enough, it will instantly seal off hell with a pillar of stone, and if no dwarves are present to witness it, you will not get a message. I haven't tested yet, so whether one receives the message is speculation.

There's the trouble of making a lava free part of the magma sea if you want to get that low. Maybe curtain walls dropped, then layer by layer pumped out?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All it is is the basic fort.  I haven't done anything beyond building that and its infrastructure.  That'd take the fun out of playing with it, otherwise.  Just gotta finish off the top floor on it and I'll be able to share it with you guys.

wyldmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Epic thread, hope the updates pick back up :)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You still alive, Vehudur?

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

Maybe we should take the in vitro fertilisation approach and have several people take their turns all at once, and maybe, just maybe, one will complete their turn.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe we should take the in vitro fertilisation approach and have several people take their turns all at once, and maybe, just maybe, one will complete their turn.

Separate instances of the fort, all generating whatever form of interference they produce. Doubt it.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 167