Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188929 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

No dice.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

No dice.

Tsk.  Honestly though, I don't know why you all think my forts are evil.  So far.  I've nearly finished my current little fortress megaproject.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

At this point Evil and Dwarf are pretty much unanimous with each other.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

At this point Evil and Dwarf are pretty much unanimous with each other.

This.  And that's the best part.

Damn YOU SWORDTHUNDERS!  LET PEOPLE PLAY YOU! *Shakes fist angrily*

I will, come hell or high water (or both - isn't hell flooded?  I didn't look).

No dice.

Tsk.  Honestly though, I don't know why you all think my forts are evil.  So far.  I've nearly finished my current little fortress megaproject.

Because your forts ARE evil.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Damn YOU SWORDTHUNDERS!  LET PEOPLE PLAY YOU! *Shakes fist angrily*

I will, come hell or high water (or both - isn't hell flooded?  I didn't look).

Hell is flooded with magma. Swordthunders was flooded with water at one point. Aussie's quarry level was flooded by magma at one point as well.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

It eats players like it eats dwarves. It think this is in need of scp containment.

Btw: Sorry I was out a while, but real life ate me as well. Namely PAPER I PROCRASTINATED ON BECAUSE OF SWORDTHUNDERS.

Always nice to blame the dwarves.

and the demons.

and.. oh god... the fort...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It eats players like it eats dwarves. It think this is in need of scp containment.

Btw: Sorry I was out a while, but real life ate me as well. Namely PAPER I PROCRASTINATED ON BECAUSE OF SWORDTHUNDERS.

and the demons.

Great, I've created a fort that generates spurious real-life distractions.  I wonder what the one I'm building will do.  Probably drag elder gods out of the monitor of anyone who tries to play it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Don't worry, so long as there's no cirppling FPS, I'll play, though cause I'm a slow prick anyway it'd take a while. And them elder gods don't want us squishy humies. We're too bland.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

and the demons.

Great, I've created a fort that generates spurious real-life distractions.  I wonder what the one I'm building will do.  Probably drag elder gods out of the monitor of anyone who tries to play it.

Oh god, if your evil fort causes these shenanigans I'm having to deal with I'm going to burn my computer.

and the demons.

A paper is the biggest problem you've got right now?  Consider yourself really really lucky.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

How about 3 papers? All of which you've procrastinated on and two of which you still have no idea what the fuck to do about? :P

Swordthunders is a scary place, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At least the leading cause of death here makes sense. Unlike the goblins who kill us here, the medical staff doesn't have some hidden agenda to kill everyone like in certain other unpleasent places...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At least the leading cause of death here makes sense. Unlike the goblins who kill us here, the medical staff doesn't have some hidden agenda to kill everyone like in certain other unpleasent places...

Actually in the original fort I had a string of mysterious deaths that killed about ten dwarves.  I never figured out how they just mysteriously kept dying with no notice. 

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

.... Ok, so most of the deaths make sense at least.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

If you didn't know he was talking about an atom bomb this would totally apply to playing this fort:  http://www.atomicarchive.com/Movies/Movie8.shtml

Actually in the original fort I had a string of mysterious deaths that killed about ten dwarves.  I never figured out how they just mysteriously kept dying with no notice. 

Spooky.  You don't have the slightest idea?   Not even some crazy theory?

How about 3 papers? All of which you've procrastinated on and two of which you still have no idea what the fuck to do about? :P

Swordthunders is a scary place, though.

Still no.  Still a few orders of magnitude below what I have going on.  I can PM you what's going on if you want, but I don't want to weigh down the thread with it.

And yes, this fortress is scary.  Seriously.  But awesome at the same time.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's so scary about this fort anyway?  What's so different from the forts you guys make?  Aside from the hellish basement, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 167