Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188942 times)

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey! Olly-Olly-Oxen-Free.....relax ;)

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, about that... I did make a few holes in the Wall...

Well that explains the demon attacks.  What happened?

The reason for extending the axle was to pump magma out of hell. I hadn't noticed the pit house, and was going to use pumps... The magma wasn't going to leave the map unless I opened up the wall...

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PATRICK. This one does not know of the great warrior hall. TO THE WALLS WITH YE.

The walls are finished and only half-submerged in magma, last anyone checked.  Not exactly the (probable) death sentence it once was.

My plan was enslavement on repairing those walls.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

Holy Armok. This place... armok help me.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea where to start. I'm frankly afraid to unpause. Dorfs are spread out sparsely. It looks as if the fort is open to hell, and hell has some demons in it.

Edit: it seems I have come across something bizarre. Okag's Light yellow diamond. I still have no idea where all the dwarves are. I see them all over the fort. in the units menu there are tons. Maybe its the size of this fort....

Edit2: I was looking back, trying to find some way to make sense of this... thing... when I started reading about A HOLE IN THE WALL. is this something i should be... worried about? I hope you're not talking about the wall keeping the demons out of hell...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 05:46:11 pm by Cellmonk »

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm afraid it is that wall. I suggest immediate drawbridge. Also, stock up some booze and other supplies into Migrantopia.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Oh I can tell I'll be having all kinds of fun here. How atrocious is the FPS?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Honestly, I love it when someone who never saw the original thread takes a turn.  The shock and awe of "What did you DO?!" is hilarious every time.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I was wondering if it was as bad as my solo run was... (I gave up due to the horrid FPS)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I grabbed a copy of the save out of curiosity and had a look at what you lunatics have done to the place.  Ye gods.

edit:  Oh and one of the cistern pumps has a nethercap blocking it.  If you want the cistern to fill fasters, you might want to stop the pumps and cut it down.  (Could've sworn I floored those pumps when I built them... >.>)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:07:12 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out of curiosity, how full is the cistern, now?

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It appears to be about one Z level full. probably a bit less. I'm not sure where I should focus My energies, though. Do we have a magma forges area? I'm thinking I might want to seal off hell for now, and try to create a stable forge industry, while digging out some more candy, so we can create a strong militia. It may be possible to have all of the haulers be part time soldiers, so they will be carrying candy and be candy clad in the case of catastrophe. First I'll look at their mental health though. And try to figure out the dining and food management. One industry to make fully self-regulating (through stockpile) is the food industry.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I took a stab at it with Migrantopia I had 80 FPS.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I could've sworn the pumps passages were floored over...

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jebus, this thing is crawling along slower than a legless dorf holding a baby and a legendary bow searching for the ever-elusive owned sock....

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 167