Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188978 times)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If things go horribadly wrong, burrow all the named ones and useful ones into Migrantopia.
I only hope Mitch didnt move our supplies.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

If things go horribly wrong for you, make your enemy's day miserable!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

I have a question. Do any of you know how to deal with the FPS hell this place is suffering?

Have a really good computer. And if you're not using the magma you could also turn off temperature.

If things go horribadly wrong, burrow all the named ones and useful ones into Migrantopia.
I only hope Mitch didnt move our supplies.

I did, but the farms are still there and in use. I left the seeds there. I also installed a raise-bridge between Migrantopia and Swordthunders in case of such an event.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I AM using a pretty good computer. a rig for gaming in fact. But just the sheer amount of clutter is murdering my FPS when I play Swordthunders.

You guys have done the impossible with this fort: You played the game right.

Not only did you lose so spectacularly that it warrented trying to reclaim said failure, but hell itself was beaten to a mushy pulp and dwarven stupidity decimated a species.

This I honestly think deserves to be on par with the great legends of old....

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I AM using a pretty good computer. a rig for gaming in fact. But just the sheer amount of clutter is murdering my FPS when I play Swordthunders.

You guys have done the impossible with this fort: You played the game right.

Not only did you lose so spectacularly that it warranted trying to reclaim said failure, but hell itself was beaten to a mushy pulp and dwarven stupidity decimated a species.

This I honestly think deserves to be on par with the great legends of old....

The original fortress was all my own doing.  I just forcibly dwarfed other forumites for a laugh.  I will say that my title wasn't my doing.  The other guys voted it.  HELL IS MY DOMAIN NOW! *insert evil laugh of choice here*
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:22:03 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awsome. And it's continuing to be played right with one suicidal reclaim after another.

This hell still deserves it's place.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many demons were slain before Aussie nuked it?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many demons were slain before Aussie nuked it?

You could probably find out by going through the initial reclaim savegame and scrolling through Legends.  At a rough guess.... let's see... about 40 in the initial Checkerboard, followed by the odd group of 3-5 in the following decades....80? 100?  I don't quite know.  A lot over a long period of time

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

And upon every reclaim a few more may appear through the Oaktrees. Once hell is empty, those things will have to be fixed.

Awsome. And it's continuing to be played right with one suicidal reclaim after another.

This hell still deserves it's place.

Swordthunders gazed into hell... and then invaded it before hell could gaze back into Swordthunders. What Aussie didn't count on was hell slowly seeping out of hell and, eventually, conquering the entire fortress. Swordthunders is but a portion of hell now.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hell didn't conquer the fortress.  Dunno where you got that idea.  I abandoned the place with all 17 remaining dwarves alive and well.  If it hadn't been for me driving the civ extinct, the fort would've been fine.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hell didn't conquer the fortress.  Dunno where you got that idea.  I abandoned the place with all 17 remaining dwarves alive and well.  If it hadn't been for me driving the civ extinct, the fort would've been fine.

Driving a race to exticntion. Awsome it is.

And I think Swordthunders is more of an aboveground section of the caverns more than hell, given the prevalence of FBs.

And it's a shame the surviving dorf can't join the reclaimers. Probably would've made things a bit easier given the tendency for massive casualties to be suffered.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Actually just the hellish atmosphere in Swordthunders. While hell has no force present in Swordthunders, it is still a hellish place.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^ Well, that depends on your Point of View.

To a Dwarf, I'd say its an opportunity.

Lots and lots of treasure, enough supplies lying around to last forever? If only dwarves were smarter, it could easily become a wonderful place (for a dwarf) to live. Then again, if we ever reached a point where we get messages like "Urist McDwarf cancels Pull Lever Dropping Drawbridge on head/mine out load bearing column/demolish door holding back thousands of tons of water, not that bloody stupid", I would say it would be time to prepare for the inevitable AI uprising.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^ Well, that depends on your Point of View.

To a Dwarf, I'd say its an opportunity.

Lots and lots of treasure, enough supplies lying around to last forever? If only dwarves were smarter, it could easily become a wonderful place (for a dwarf) to live. Then again, if we ever reached a point where we get messages like "Urist McDwarf cancels Pull Lever Dropping Drawbridge on head/mine out load bearing column/demolish door holding back thousands of tons of water, not that bloody stupid", I would say it would be time to prepare for the inevitable AI uprising.

That last one could actually happen in Swordthunders, if someone refills the Cistern and forgets to lock the doors leading into it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loud Whispers?  Anyone? Hello.... *sprays for crickets again*
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 167