Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188979 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Was Ab some kind of bigshot or something? seven militadwarves with pick axes, battles axes, and spears and one guy unarmed did fine fighting it.

Hell they manged by sheer virtue of luck to bring down sox and another before a whole assload just popped in from nowhere. The result was a mass of dead FBs and 3 dead dwarves.

Then things kinda went south when the Rot of Sox set in.....
edit: Turns out your dwarves can have all the martial luck in the world, does them no good when they get reduced to blisters.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Aw man, Loud skipped. I was looking forward to that turn.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Aw man, Loud skipped. I was looking forward to that turn.

Oi, I'm doing it don't skip just yet :/

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Splint, seeing as your reclaim failed, do you want to get added to the turn list?  Good effort on your own attempt, by the way.  Did you read through the original thread?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

I all i ask, to those who played it before it's abandonment: WHAT IN GODS NAME IS THIS UNHOLY ABOMINATION!?

I was expecting ghosts out the ass. Check.
I was expecting maurading animal people. Check.
I was expecting hidden Cavern Titans. Check.
I wasn't expecting the fucking ocean of discarded ammo, armor, clothing, dead everything
And so much junk laying about I had no idea what the fuck was what. Where the fuck did all this....

Hey Aussie, looks like he likes your fort.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I all i ask, to those who played it before it's abandonment: WHAT IN GODS NAME IS THIS UNHOLY ABOMINATION!?

I was expecting ghosts out the ass. Check.
I was expecting maurading animal people. Check.
I was expecting hidden Cavern Titans. Check.
I wasn't expecting the fucking ocean of discarded ammo, armor, clothing, dead everything
And so much junk laying about I had no idea what the fuck was what. Where the fuck did all this....

Hey Aussie, looks like he likes your fort.

Indeed I do. And why the hell not, I'll toss my hat in the ring.
Trying to reclaim a hell hole like this will be a good 1st shot at a succession game for me.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Already reclaimed it, but you might be the one to lead the charge of the (inevitable) re-reclaim.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...what did you this time, Loud Whispers?  And was it intentional?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

...what did you this time, Loud Whispers?  And was it intentional?

Ha ha ha, don't worry the fort is safe, that's actually from one of my own recent forts ;)
Just saying I'm prolly going to post the update sometime later today (going out. Woo!)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a question. Do any of you know how to deal with the FPS hell this place is suffering?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a question. Do any of you know how to deal with the FPS hell this place is suffering?

Refilling the cistern and pulling the suicide lever will probably flush any feral animals to their death in the stairwell.  You'll have to reconnect the screwpumps to the aquaworks though.  And restart the waterwheels with a manually-pumped screwpump.  After that, the aquifer water flow will take care of the rest.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah. So does anyone have an easy to understand "Dwarven Engineering for dummies" laying around?

I dont dabble into mechanics much more than my atomsmashers demand, as I couldn't really understand the wiki or diagrams or anything like that.

Could always wing it I guess.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah. So does anyone have an easy to understand "Dwarven Engineering for dummies" laying around?

I dont dabble into mechanics much more than my atomsmashers demand, as I couldn't really understand the wiki or diagrams or anything like that.

Could always wing it I guess.

wooden corkscrew, wooden pipe, a rock block of any kind.  Channel out a space on the side of the waterwheels as   wggw (w = water, g = ground)  and stick a screwpump pumping across it.  Get a dwarf to manually pump it and it should kick off the whole thing.  After that,  Just build an axle from the gears on the level above to the screwpumps already there.  You'll have to open the upper channels, so have fun experimenting with the levers in the cistern control room.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh I will and should things go horribly and consistently wrong, I hope I wont have to do another "AND DIG HE WOULD" like on of the others did.

And thank you. Seems simple enough.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 167