Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188883 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Has anyone seen a tumbleweed recently?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

<whisper>Loud Whispers?</whisper>
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

<whisper>Quiet Explosions</whisper>

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

any luck with getting it to work, dragonshardz?

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That issue has nothing to do with DF, I believe. ELF stands for Executable and Linkable Format, a type of file that's often used for Linux drivers. For whatever reason, the shared library for SDL is not loading properly.

The libsdl it's finding is compiled for a 64-bit machine, but either you aren't running 64-bit linux or DF was compiled against the 32-bit libraries. That's as much as I can determine, because I don't run DF in linux nor do I use libsdl.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That issue has nothing to do with DF, I believe. ELF stands for Executable and Linkable Format, a type of file that's often used for Linux drivers. For whatever reason, the shared library for SDL is not loading properly.

The libsdl it's finding is compiled for a 64-bit machine, but either you aren't running 64-bit linux or DF was compiled against the 32-bit libraries. That's as much as I can determine, because I don't run DF in linux nor do I use libsdl.

I ran the initial fortress on 64-bit Windows 7. Though considering DF's only a 32-bit program, that shouldn't make a difference.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Perhaps we should postpone dragon's turn and pass it on until dragon can get it working.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps we should postpone dragon's turn and pass it on until dragon can get it working.

Agreed.  Dragon, let us know if you still can't get it working and we'll pass the turn on to Loud Whispers.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Good catch, I didn't even notice the 64. Dragonshardz, you'll need the 32-bit libSDL package to run DF. Unfortunately, I don't know what distro you use, so I can't point you to the right file.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, my turns getting pretty close now. I'm excited.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, my turns getting pretty close now. I'm excited.

Heh, my turn caught me by surprise. I'd just finished Deathgate and was taking a break from the game and I completely forgot I even put my name down for this. And when I did, I figured I'd be one of the guys that helped whittle down a few FBs before failing the reclaim. Anyway, it was real fun and the fortress itself isn't that confusing (not nearly as maddening as Deathgate). My only regret is not doing more than drilling a hole from Migrantopia into Swordthunders, luck my way into catching two FBs (seriously glad the dwarf got caught under the floor hatches), retaking all of Swordthunders and hauling shit for a year.

Point being, be excited.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

not nearly as maddening as Deathgate

I'll have to try harder next time, I guess.  Did you ever look up the original thread since your turn, Mitchewawa?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. I'll do it later when I don't have stuff to do (like beating Arkham City 100%).

Oh, and just now I deduced Swordthunders wasn't as bafflingly retarded because it was all designed by one person, whereas Deathgate had 20 or so predecessors before me, each with their own clashing insane agenda, method and morals. For example, all my work focused on expanding the hell fort to double its previous size, finally accommodating traps and whatnot. Someone before me got half of us killed making a giant monument to the homicide of beloved pets.

Still, my architectural genius pales in comparison to the checkerboard  :P.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and just now I deduced Swordthunders wasn't as bafflingly retarded because it was all designed by one person, whereas Deathgate had 20 or so predecessors before me, each with their own clashing insane agenda, method and morals. For example, all my work focused on expanding the hell fort to double its previous size, finally accommodating traps and whatnot. Someone before me got half of us killed making a giant monument to the homicide of beloved pets.

You should've seen my last fortress.  I showed it in the general Fortress forum and someone (I THINK it might've been Mego?  Eric Blank?... Someone... :-\ ) thought it was more abstract and deranged than most succession games. 

Still, my architectural genius pales in comparison to the checkerboard  :P.

Thank you for the kind words.  I'd also like to note that I created the first nudist resort in Hell.

edit:  I just realised we haven't had ANY goblins visiting yet and had a thought;  Can someone check the config file with the save to see if invasions are disabled?  Swordthunders used to get a 40-strong legion of goblins with 20-odd trolls every year or so.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:07:28 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Wait, so am I going to be plunging migrantopia into the dark ages of despair reclaiming the Dwarven Sceptre of awesome from hell soon? :P
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 167