Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188788 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Make a fire for a man, you warm him for a day. Dip said man in magma and he won't feel cold for the rest of his life.

And thus, magma man was born!

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loud Whispers, I have to object to your catchphrase.  Eyeballs are ok.  Its when they ask for your beard that you need run.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Loud Whispers, I have to object to your catchphrase.  Eyeballs are ok.  Its when they ask for your beard that you need run.

Beards grow back. Eyes don't. Especially if they grow beards on your eyes.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

Beards are one's primary sense organ, though. How am I to navigate more than a meter of cavern without one. Eyes are useless in the dark.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Dwarfs can live without eyes (and it might actually be beneficial in a way to military dwarfs who tend to charge first and live later), but any dwarf whose beard goes sailing off in an arc will be instantly stricken with melancholy. Not only has the dwarf lost his telekinetic link to the dwarven hive mind, he has also lost a remarkable fashion accessory and shall be shunned from the dwarven community forever and given the utmost horrific and slanderous name of 'elf'.

And I'm not sure, but if you rip out a beard the roots implanted in the brain will tear out at least half of it, causing smears of brain juice to be tracked throughout the fortress. And no one likes pink liquid everywhere (covering over all the red).
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Good news, everyone.  Got a reply from dragonshardz that he'll be starting soon.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good news, everyone.  Got a reply from dragonshardz that he'll be starting soon.

Yay!!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Get ready for round 2 LW, you're up after dragon...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

Eyes also (AFAIK) grow back.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Eyes also (AFAIK) grow back.
Well if removed no, But if Slightly damaged (the whites of the eyes) such as a small chunk will grow back, but if anything in the pupil or iris area are damaged. Your pretty much screwed, it will grow back/heal but the scar tissue will most likely leave you blind (or in the case simple function is just plain old lost)

Also been lerking for awhile, so much !!FUN!! who would have thought FB would have put up so much of a fight?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Also been lerking for awhile, so much !!FUN!! who would have thought FB would have put up so much of a fight?

You would think being driven to extinction the moment you find out the surface world exists would crush your morale, but nah, these guys are perfectly fine with eating brains and stomping pets. Also, eyeballs.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

I'm lazy and haven't started yet.

Shame on me.

EDIT: I may not be able to play at all. DF is throwing this at me in console: ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:24:36 pm by dragonshardz »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Well that's... weird.... ???

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shame on me.

EDIT: I may not be able to play at all. DF is throwing this at me in console: ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64.

THE ELVES DID IT!!

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shame on me.

Best Worst error name ever! Burn your computer?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 167