Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188659 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Impressive! And wonderful news that, the fact we are recieving migrants. For how long will it last, though?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I see a lot of levers, all of which I do not know the function of. I am contemplating just removing these levers, though I suspect some are of importance.

Whereabouts are these levers?  All I will say is that yes, the levers of the original fortress all do stuff.  Important stuff.  Removing them would make future shenanigans bad.

Impressive! And wonderful news that, the fact we are recieving migrants. For how long will it last, though?

This may indeed be wonderful news.  As the fort's been going for a year, there's most definitely been more than the default two waves.  The fort's population might be... alright?...

edit:  I'm surprised about the silk and stuff through the fortress.  Did any of the previous overseers breach the walls I put up to keep out the cavern denizens, or is it just from the reclaim shuffle?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:36:51 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

The webs are most likely to have been made during a previous reclaim when a GCS was wandering through the fortress, picking fights with other creatures. Did you wall off 100% of the caverns, along the map edges?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The webs are most likely to have been made during a previous reclaim when a GCS was wandering through the fortress, picking fights with other creatures. Did you wall off 100% of the caverns, along the map edges?

No, I just walled off the staircase from the caverns so nothing could get into the fortress.  I did wall off a cavern completely in my previous fortress though.  And filled it with magma.  Shared it in the general Fort forum too, I believe.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Regarding open caverns, as far as I know, the only opening to the caverns is Strawberry shaft.

I did wall off a cavern...

...filled it with magma.

You mean... the fourth layer cavern?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd pop in to see how everything's going.

By the way, I'm in another succession game now, and I think I'm making good use of my turn. I've already moved the trade depot to a random location, flooded the mines, and am currently a deranged paranoid ultra-narcissist who calls himself "Shazak, Glorious Grand Overseer of the Fortress of Mountaintongues and Grandmaster of all Wax." I also started building a pointlessly huge throneroom for Shazak, and made a pit going down to the caverns covered with a retracting bridge.

Have I done good?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd pop in to see how everything's going.

By the way, I'm in another succession game now, and I think I'm making good use of my turn. I've already moved the trade depot to hell, flooded the world, and am and always have been a deranged paranoid ultra-narcissist who calls himself "Shazak, Glorious Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan of Mountaintongues and Grandmagma of all Wax." I also started building a dwarfily map-sized throneroom for Shazak with magma waterfalls, and made a corpse pile going down from the surface to hell.

I done good.

Fixed, so yep.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:58:03 pm by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Regarding open caverns, as far as I know, the only opening to the caverns is Strawberry shaft.

I did wall off a cavern...

...filled it with magma.

You mean... the fourth layer cavern?

Someone needs to read more than just the most recent post/page...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Have I done good?

Needs more eyeball removal.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mitch; Overseer of the Remaining

Chapter Eight: Praise the haulers!

Now begins the forlorn task of burying the skeletons down below. I do not know if we have sufficient coffins, but I'll work out that kink. We also need to quickly find the stairwell to the Underworld, and quickly block it off.

That's if there are no hidden beasts or demons lurking below.

13th Felsite:

I am reminded of the cavalier ballsiness of what this fortress once was.

The dwarfs aren't quitting their less important hauling duties; I have turned off all non-burial hauling. I also am constructing single sections of wall to force the dwarfs to get down there and scout out the lower levels.

We have found the lower levels, praise the haulers!

The elves have arrived. I suppose that's news.

OOC: I couldn't be stuffed trying to figure out what is causing all this cancellation spam so I got tired and decided to go play Dark Souls. I'll probably post again tonight.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Someone needs to draw these migrants tolling away in the halls wearing epic demon bone helms....

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could tell you exactly where I made the entrance to Hell.  But I won't.  It wouldn't be fun that way.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I can see stairs in some adamantine spires. Oops I spoiled myself.

Didn't feel like doing big ass chapter shit, so here's a rundown of my thoughts:

- Well, there are less corpses here than I originally thought. There are around 20 in the quarry, and for some reason despite being able to path to them, the dwarfs aren't creating the 'Place item in tomb' jobs. There are available coffins. There is only one instance of that job, and it's being eternally inactive. I have 5 idlers. I previously only had furniture and burial hauling activated, re-activating all of them fixed this.

- 2nd Felsite. Haulers ahoy!

- I've walled and floored off the holes into hell.

- There are 2400 2500 corpses on this map, not counting the ones that are not visible to me right now.

- There is a river of magma flowing into the quarry, but it can only reach a certain point.

- My dwarf is now a daddy.

- What I believe happened is that when Oliolli created the 'Magma-trophe', all the bodies burnt up. And thus begins the tedious task of slabbing all these ghosts (who seem to be able to exert miasma).

- There's smoke coming out of burning items in the magma-pool. After like, a decade since the original Swordthunders, you'd think this shit would stop burning.

- It's now 4th Malachite, mid-summer. I still have like, 10 months to go. My goal for until the end of the year; find the breach in the magma sea. Scout out as much as I can above the adam spires. Haul as much crap as I can to stockpiles after the entombment is complete. Perhaps if I have time; shut off the magma breach. Perhaps set up a drain system to eventually take all the magma out of hell (oh wait, it drains itself off the map).

- Migrants! 3 of them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:13:45 am by Mitchewawa »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh well.  Good luck trying to get the magma out of Hell by the way.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh well.  Good luck trying to get the magma out of Hell by the way.

It'd be easy; shut off the breach and just let it flow out of the map.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 167