Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188709 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #360 on: December 17, 2011, 02:02:39 am »

EDIT: Lolwut.

You mean the savegame I put in the PM I sent you?  Or the link to the same save I put in the OP? :-P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 17, 2011, 02:05:08 am »

I suggest that he meant "lolwut" as in "haha it's my turn already!"

Just one step closer to my turn... Humorously, I would have had the 13th turn on both hellcannon and Swordthunders, but unfortunately the curse of Failcannon struck before I could and I'm not coming on the 13th year in Hellcannon. If it had, it would have been something akin to killing the one fort while trying to resuscitate the other, one 13 years after it's birth, and the other 13 years after it's death. Fortress necromancy.

I hope the next 9 attempts fail so that I can achieve spectacular triumph.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 17, 2011, 02:12:38 am »

EDIT:

Diary
We have arrived. I marvel, yet fear, at the landscape. This will be harsh...
Hmm... Move it! Move the food immediately!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:20:15 am by Mapleguy555 »

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 17, 2011, 11:43:16 am »

Alright, here's an update. I finally managed to get rid of those goblin bowman loitering around my front door. Unlike sieges, it seems ambush parties won't leave normally. Sadly my expedition leader has been severely injured, and my chief medical dwarf was on break, my soap maker was being lazy, and ultimately it looks as if she's gotten a number of infections. Then again, my beekeeper is still alive and kicking, in fact, he actually overcame his infections somehow, so maybe there's hope.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #364 on: December 17, 2011, 01:23:37 pm »

so maybe there's hope.

Nope, there's just Chuck Testa.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 17, 2011, 01:59:04 pm »

So my expedition leader is going to turn into Chuck Tesla?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 17, 2011, 06:45:36 pm »

I would say to try creating a vault this time, a miner or two, two masons, a dweller, and two militia to hold off anything who attacks before you're ready. Bring enough food and drink to sustain the dweller, and seal him in. While waiting for the caravan and migrants for reinforcements, see what the 6 left behind can do before falling.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 17, 2011, 07:00:38 pm »

Build a shitload of coffins!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 17, 2011, 07:57:22 pm »

^ that won't work, coffins are useless, some random dead dwarf gets randomly assigned to the coffin, or a ghost claims it.
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 17, 2011, 08:05:27 pm »

Well everyone, here's an update: the fortress proper is secure down to the flooded layers. I will now begin trying to figure out what the hell the various levers do. May have some FUN today.
It was inevitable.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 17, 2011, 08:21:03 pm »

Well everyone, here's an update: the fortress proper is secure down to the flooded layers. I will now begin trying to figure out what the hell the various levers do. May have some FUN today.

Weren't you going to do your own reclaim thread?

EDIT:

Diary
We have arrived. I marvel, yet fear, at the landscape. This will be harsh...
Hmm... Move it! Move the food immediately!

Let's see... I'm going to guess either an FB spawned right beside the wagon, or he's making a bee-line straight for the fortress interior with everything his expedition can carry while the coast is clear... TAKING ALL BETS!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 17, 2011, 08:24:58 pm »

Yeah. I'll get around to writing that, sorry.
It was inevitable.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 17, 2011, 09:25:46 pm »

Day 1
As soon as we arrived, a great terrosaur appeared, with a vast many scars on its body, including a giant one to the face (ironic). We quickly grabbed what we could, and ran for the newly made "Migrantopia." No casualties, except getting our pig tail fiber socks knocked off and a yak bull being torn apart. We managed to reach the desolate place and hid inside.

Day 2
So we've picked up some of these here dolomite mechanisms, and all this random stuff that only Armok himself would be able to sort through. So I've designated our architect to build a drawbridge on the quintuple. The other dwarves elected me as broker, manager, and bookkeeper, but I can't do anything since there isn't an office in this Armok-forsaken place. I'll have some trees cut down immediately...

Day 8
Haven't had a chance to write for a while. We haven't seen nought of that Terrosaur, although we can hear it's screeches. The trees still haven't been cut, and we're all very busy. Will write soon.

This is how far I got last night xD
Still alive.

17th of Felsite
Whoa. Was Granite that long ago? Anyway, we found Mego the Third's body today. He was partially a skeleton, but his blisters proved his identity. We plan on giving Mego a memorial burial soon.

EDIT:

13th of Malachite
Damn! Damn you Kogut Emathkilrud! Why have you slain the glassmaker Ilral Mosuszim!?!?!
WHY?!?! *The paper is slightly bloody*
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:20:51 pm by Mapleguy555 »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 17, 2011, 11:47:03 pm »

So you've managed to get a foothold, been chased by a demon, found the remains of the previous guy AND had one of you dwarves murder another?  Seems like a pretty quiet start.

I'm not at all surprised there's a stray demon or two about though.  I... may have forgotten to close off the Oaktree Spawntraps before I flooded Hell with magma, so there may have been a demon or two technically on-map when I abandoned the fortress and therefore able to ambush you.  On the plus side, those Terrorsaurs don't have a dust attack, they just beat the crap out of you.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 18, 2011, 01:22:47 am »

Damn! Damn you Kogut Emathkilrud! Why have you slain the glassmaker Ilral Mosuszim!?!?!
WHY?!?! *The paper is slightly bloody*

Please, please, show his my kill list.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 167