Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188631 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #330 on: December 15, 2011, 02:04:25 pm »

This is the list of what's died so far in our attempt to reclaim this Armok-forsaken fortress:

Three Overseers
Twenty-six dwarves
One Yak Bull
One Alpaca, Baby
One Forgotten Beast, answering to the name 'Sox'

You forgot all the FBs I killed?  :-[

Ugosh Pulpyraunch the Sunken Cysts
Meli Frigidrogue
Thoth Puzzledlie the Mine of Deceivers

Oh, and one doe rabbit.

Fixed

Forgetting my 16 dogs too :(

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 15, 2011, 05:15:12 pm »

Alright, I think I've got a goal in mind for Swordthunders: Unwall part of the circus and convert it into the input for a cannon that shoots clowns. I was going to do that in my first fort that punctured the circus (Which I didn't know about at the time), but the demons seem to think they can path to my fortress despite the fact that they can't, and I'm suffering a case of FPS death.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #332 on: December 15, 2011, 05:17:57 pm »

Alright, I think I've got a goal in mind for Swordthunders: Unwall part of the circus and convert it into the input for a cannon that shoots clowns. I was going to do that in my first fort that punctured the circus (Which I didn't know about at the time), but the demons seem to think they can path to my fortress despite the fact that they can't, and I'm suffering a case of FPS death.

WUT.

YUWEPONzISE Hellberries paradise? :(

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 15, 2011, 05:24:42 pm »

Because I can't think of much dorfier or more offensive to the HFS than a literal hell cannon that shoots demons. Isn't that what sword thunders is all about?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #334 on: December 15, 2011, 05:41:56 pm »

Because I can't think of much dorfier or more offensive to the HFS than a literal hell cannon that shoots demons. Isn't that what sword thunders is all about?

It was about turning hell into a lovely paradise free from !FUN! :D

Though this is a succession fort, so it may as well be bleeding flaming kittens.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 15, 2011, 08:20:51 pm »

Though this is a succession fort, so it may as well be bleeding flaming kittens.

I tried that in Swordthunders - chained a couple of cats near a slain FB to see if the blood really was blisterrific after a few random dwarf deaths.  It most certainly was.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 15, 2011, 08:31:56 pm »

Hey Aussie, do you think it would be possible to bait demons up into the upper level of the fortress with chained cats?
It was inevitable.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 15, 2011, 09:13:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 16, 2011, 12:54:43 am »

Aussie, you might want to update the OP as Mego's attempt failed.

Plus, there isn't an e in Ridgway.

Anyway, we'll get 'em next time!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 16, 2011, 02:56:17 am »

Aussie, you might want to update the OP as Mego's attempt failed.

Plus, there isn't an e in Ridgway.

Anyway, we'll get 'em next time!

Fixed and fixed.

It was about turning hell into a lovely paradise free from !FUN! :D

FINALLY, someone gets what Swordthunders was about.  Also, I'm fairly certain neutering Hell and turning it into a pleasant seaside town is the worst you can do.  A Hellcannon that spits nightmarish horrors of the underworld at enemies on the surface is just typical dwarf shenanigans.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 16, 2011, 09:59:40 am »

There will be no more diary entries from Keldane II. He died today, at the hands of the Forgotten Beast that had been strangling Mego III for so long. I should have known better than to try to actually explore the interior of Swordthunders. Ah, well, at least Esp is no longer invisible. I lost a miner/mason, but there's no reason the others couldn't make up for that loss. Archers are now en route to see the beast destroyed. We hope.

Edit: Marksdwarves are dead. There are literally countless thousands of bolts lying around, and they decided it was best to dump out their quivers and charge forward to beat the beast with their bows. I've never had issues like that with archers before, but I have heard of them.

Edit2: And there we go. Stray cats drew the beast most of the way to Migrantopia, and my last ditch attempt to get some breathing space instead got everyone killed. Save is here stuck at 9.7% uploaded here.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:34:10 am by Keldane »
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 16, 2011, 12:24:22 pm »

Well, were there any parts of the FB permanently damaged? That'll make it easier to kill next time.

Also, I seriously think that we may hit my turn and still be trying to reclaim.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #342 on: December 16, 2011, 01:46:50 pm »

I tried that in Swordthunders - chained a couple of cats near a slain FB to see if the blood really was blisterrific after a few random dwarf deaths.  It most certainly was.

Duh I rememberz :P

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 16, 2011, 04:36:25 pm »

Well, were there any parts of the FB permanently damaged?

Last I saw, it had a copper bolt lodged in one of its ribs. To my knowledge that was the only injury it sustained.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 16, 2011, 04:53:22 pm »

Wow...Seeing what happened to you guys...I'm wondering how the hell I managed to reclaim the fortress...I actually almost lost once to a goblin ambush, but DF crashed I was forced to continue from a save prior to the ambush.

I think I must be really lucky.
It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 167