Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188425 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #240 on: December 11, 2011, 10:18:14 pm »

Sure! But I think I'll still be playing my parallel reclaim just to see where it goes compared to the succession one.

Oh dear. The multiple-timelines and thin-walls-between-universes that made Failcannon and Hellcannon notorious have spread to Swordthunders.

Archeron, why don't you do your own reclaim thread? You've obviously gotten a bit further than these loons and you're updating quite regularly, so it'd probably be interesting to see it all together rather than mixed in with the group attempt.  That and might get confusing as to what's happened in which reclaim as it goes on.

That came across a bit harsher than I think you meant it to.

Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
GET THAT SHIT OUT OF MY FUCKING THREAD

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 11, 2011, 10:42:29 pm »

Bwahaha.  If it did, my bad.  And Mego, you don't want to mis-quote me.  I am the King of Dwarven Hell and Hidden Fun Stuff.  I can manipulate quotes like a master.

Sure! But I think I'll still be playing my parallel reclaim just to see where it goes compared to the succession one.

Oh dear. The multiple-timelines and thin-walls-between-universes that made Failcannon and Hellcannon notorious have spread to Swordthunders.

Archeron, why don't you do your own reclaim thread? You've obviously gotten a bit further than these loons and you're updating quite regularly, so it'd probably be interesting to see it all together rather than mixed in with the group attempt.  That and might get confusing as to what's happened in which reclaim as it goes on.

That came across a bit harsher than I think you meant it to.

Archeron, your writing's interesting and constant enough that you should do your own thread of it. 

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2011, 12:13:13 am »

Ah, my turn now, is it? Well, I'll be ready to go tomorrow morning - for now, I have to head to work.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 12, 2011, 12:18:57 am »

Ah, my turn now, is it? Well, I'll be ready to go tomorrow morning - for now, I have to head to work.

Well, seeing as how I haven't uploaded the save yet (too busy), it'd be a bit hard to play now.

EDIT: I got less busy. Save.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:15:14 am by Mego »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 12, 2011, 04:39:47 am »

Quote from:  Mego
There's more ghosts than living creatures in this fortress. That should say enough.

The fortress has been that way for a long time. The added 26 dwarves that have died trying to reclaim the place won't help any either.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 12, 2011, 08:15:11 am »

Hey now. You messed up the description of my turn. Only 6 of the original 7 died. Mego III is still the Eternal Blister. My turn is still going on, but I just can't be arsed to sit through the rest of it.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 12, 2011, 08:31:43 am »

My turn is still going on, but I just can't be arsed to sit through the rest of it.

ELF! GET OUT OF MEGO'S BODY! OUT!

*Grabs exorcist gear*

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 12, 2011, 09:49:23 am »

Hey now. You messed up the description of my turn. Only 6 of the original 7 died. Mego III is still the Eternal Blister. My turn is still going on, but I just can't be arsed to sit through the rest of it.

Fixed the OP description of your turn.  Honestly, I'm fully expecting the Keldane and onwards to just kit out seven miltia dwarves and throw them at the fortress in a Normandy-esque assault.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 12, 2011, 11:22:19 am »

Alright then, before I make my thread, I just have one more word of advice for you: Get ready to be scrolling through lists for about three hours, because there's pretty much an unlimited supply of ghosts in Swordthunders, and there's about 800 dead dwarves to scroll through when engraving a memorial.

Right now there's about 4 times as many undead dwarves as there are living dwarves. Thankfully only one of them, "Kogul" the mason, turned out to be murderous, and the friends of the carpenter he murdered have yet to tantrum.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 12, 2011, 11:38:44 am »

Maybe it is Kogut? My ghost?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2011, 11:42:19 am »

Oh yeah it was Kogut. He slit my carpenters throat, and now all my dorfs are scarred. And without proper beds.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2011, 11:45:03 am »

My first attempt at riding out the rest of Mego's turn failed due to what I assume is a spatter of Forgotten Beast blood crashing the game. Before that, the Eternal Blister was strangled some three or four thousand times by the beast next to the bed. I assume the only thing keeping her alive is the fact that she can't wake up enough to realize she should be dead. Also, Kogut battered the poor blister, but did no noticeable damage.

Should I abandon, and attempt to reclaim, or make another attempt to wait for migrants?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2011, 11:54:33 am »

Muahahaha! Battering and killing in two separate storylines! @Crash - I suggest to disable truetype, it may help.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2011, 11:55:56 am »

Muahahaha! Battering and killing in two separate storylines! @Crash - I suggest to disable truetype, it may help.

Thanks for the tip, and Truetype is already disab- wait, it was disabled... *fixes*

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2011, 01:27:07 pm »

Fixed the OP description of your turn.  Honestly, I'm fully expecting the Keldane and onwards to just kit out seven miltia dwarves and throw them at the fortress in a Normandy-esque assault.

WE WILL FIGHT THEM BY THE HILLS, WE WILL FIGHT THEM IN THE TRENCHES AND THE HALLWAYS - WE WILL FIGHT THEM IN HELL!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 167