Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188445 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #225 on: December 11, 2011, 05:02:45 pm »

Wow, a forgotten beast showed up, and my speardorfs put the hurt down on it. Thank god I invested in war dogs.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 11, 2011, 05:04:02 pm »

I've decided to go with option 2, and pass my save on to Keldane. I'll upload it later, when I'm back on the side of my hard drive that contains the save.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 11, 2011, 05:15:34 pm »

Ah. Well, I'm still standing, but things aren't looking good. Sox showed up, and I'm not sure if my speardwarves will be able to take it out before the syndrome kills them. Have any idea if it's contagious?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2011, 05:25:15 pm »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

DF crashed.

And my speardwarf had just finished off the last forgotten beast (what a badass motherfucker, that guy killed three forgotten beasts...)

(btw, I'm not trying to muscle my way in, just playing this on my own, trying to see what I can do.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:27:42 pm by Archereon »
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2011, 05:52:04 pm »

Well. here's some advice for you guys, who ever goes next that is...

Bring a pair of spear dwarves, don't bother with an anvil, don't bother with armor since there's adamatine stuff lying around, brings lots of wardogs. That's how I'm surviving.
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 11, 2011, 06:58:25 pm »

Sweet mother of god this fortress has a severe ghost problem. Ghosts are rising almost as fast as I can memorialize them, and most of them happen to be inside of my proxy fort.
It was inevitable.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 11, 2011, 07:12:52 pm »

PM'ing Keldane now. 

Mego, how many dwarves overall did you lose? 15?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 11, 2011, 07:38:02 pm »

I lost 12 dwarves (not counting Mego III), one yak bull, and a baby alpaca. I killed 1 Sox.

Also, Sox's syndrome is not contagious. There was one of the original 7 who did not die from Sox's syndrome. It died from the thing that's molesting Mego III in the hospital-turned-orgy.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2011, 07:40:21 pm »

Yeah, dwarf fortress crashed and I had to start over.

Btw: While I'm technically doing this version reclaim independently of the succession, I'd be perfectly willing to hand to off to Keldane or whoever wants it next.
It was inevitable.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2011, 07:52:41 pm »

I lost 12 dwarves (not counting Mego III), one yak bull, and a baby alpaca. I killed 1 Sox.

Also, Sox's syndrome is not contagious. There was one of the original 7 who did not die from Sox's syndrome. It died from the thing that's molesting Mego III in the hospital-turned-orgy.

So noted.  Think I might add a death tally to the OP, just because we've had three attempts fail in entertaining ways

Yeah, dwarf fortress crashed and I had to start over.

Btw: While I'm technically doing this version reclaim independently of the succession, I'd be perfectly willing to hand to off to Keldane or whoever wants it next.

Keldane'll play off of Mego's save so we've got consistency.  I'll be happy to add you to the turn list if you want a proper go at Turn 14 though.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2011, 07:55:13 pm »

Sure! But I think I'll still be playing my parallel reclaim just to see where it goes compared to the succession one.

It was inevitable.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 11, 2011, 08:19:36 pm »

Sure! But I think I'll still be playing my parallel reclaim just to see where it goes compared to the succession one.

Oh dear. The multiple-timelines and thin-walls-between-universes that made Failcannon and Hellcannon notorious have spread to Swordthunders.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 11, 2011, 08:38:46 pm »

Yep. I also think my reclaim is going to be more in the style of the battlefailed reclaim, an emphasis on story with a number of liberties taken. Here's what I've written so far.

(note: This

Exerpts from the records of whatever dwarf I play as.

Dastotamud…Swordthunders. As sons of Irlomonon, we had all heard the name and the stories; a black metropolis filed with rotting corpses and haunted by the legions of the vengeful ghost of dwarves who had perished within its halls, yet at the same time, an impenetrable stronghold from without and from within. The stories of its fall are the stuff of legends; some say that the demons of myth rose up from the bowels of the earth to claim the fortress as its own. Other, more rational minds blame the goblins; while the defenses of Swordthunders were said to be impenetrable, even the best defenses are rendered helpless in the face of dwarven stupidity.

...(more stuff here)

We hear a terrible howling  coming from within the half ruined walls of the foreboding fortress. To this day, I thank Armok that we didn’t even consider settling in the fort proper.
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 11, 2011, 09:29:08 pm »

By the way, my dwarves' group is named the "Boats of Murder"
It was inevitable.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 11, 2011, 09:50:03 pm »

Oh dear. The multiple-timelines and thin-walls-between-universes that made Failcannon and Hellcannon notorious have spread to Swordthunders.

Archeron, why don't you do your own reclaim thread? You've obviously gotten a bit further than these loons and you're updating quite regularly, so it'd probably be interesting to see it all together rather than mixed in with the group attempt.  That and might get confusing as to what's happened in which reclaim as it goes on.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 167