Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188322 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #195 on: December 09, 2011, 12:38:59 am »

Considering all the !!Fun!! that's happened, I'll give you one little hint that may help in keeping the dwarves alive

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Uh... Yeah...

It's from the Order of the Stick. Be prepared to spend a few hours if you start at the beginning, but it's definitely worth the time.

Listen to what he said. Takes a long time, but worth it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2011, 02:24:38 am »

...What did you do to the Pit House?  Remove the wrong wall in the staircase?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 09, 2011, 08:15:29 am »

Is it enough if I say some water didn't go where it was meant to go, resulting in some magma not obsidianizing where it was meant to, resulting in some magma going where it wasn't meant to? Either way, most of the barrels and pots I saw were already empty.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 09, 2011, 10:18:11 am »

Is it enough if I say some water didn't go where it was meant to go, resulting in some magma not obsidianizing where it was meant to, resulting in some magma going where it wasn't meant to? Either way, most of the barrels and pots I saw were already empty.

But... how?... :o

I know exactly where every source of water and magma are on the map.  Hell, I manipulated all of them for my personal entertainment and left the machinery allowing for said liquid manipulation/channeling intact for everyone to tinker with when they reclaimed the fortress.  How the hell did you manage to get magma into the Pit House?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2011, 10:32:10 am »

All the magma in hell wasn't visible at reclaim. It was... higher than I thought. One wrong wall removed due to an error in estimating the how high it really was. The checkerboard-floor (actually the one above it) was 3/7 full of water, but it didn't exactly flow into the pit-house as I had wished. I admit, I have very little experience with liquids. I was planning on draining the magma into a glowing pit, but should've realized to open a hole into the floor of the pit-house first. I... have failed...

Although it should be easy to do so now, if someone floods the pit-house, obsidianizing the lower areas, they should still be able to drain hell into the pits.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2011, 10:43:57 am »

All the magma in hell wasn't visible at reclaim. It was... higher than I thought. One wrong wall removed due to an error in estimating the how high it really was. The checkerboard-floor (actually the one above it) was 3/7 full of water, but it didn't exactly flow into the pit-house as I had wished. I admit, I have very little experience with liquids. I was planning on draining the magma into a glowing pit, but should've realized to open a hole into the floor of the pit-house first. I... have failed...

Although it should be easy to do so now, if someone floods the pit-house, obsidianizing the lower areas, they should still be able to drain hell into the pits.

Oh dear... I did say I filled Hell to the brim, so the Pit House is most likely quite full of magma by now.  Obsidianizing wouldn't do much good unless it was a full-on and complicated project.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2011, 02:17:17 pm »

I somehow got the impression, that the pit house was built inside a glowing pit. If one can get access to the bottom, shouldn't they be able to drain the house?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2011, 04:30:46 pm »

Attempt to obsidianize a 3x3 stack or larger from floor to ceiling with a up-down stairwell in it, over one of the pits. Then, just channel one of the sides (you might have to remove a constructed floor if the obsidianization doesn't deal with that) and watch the magma pour down the pit, taking the poor bastard that does the digging with it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2011, 07:58:16 pm »

Attempt to obsidianize a 3x3 stack or larger from floor to ceiling with a up-down stairwell in it, over one of the pits. Then, just channel one of the sides (you might have to remove a constructed floor if the obsidianization doesn't deal with that) and watch the magma pour down the pit, taking the poor bastard that does the digging with it.

That might be doable.  ONE of the spires is over a Glowing Pit, but I'm not going to say which one.  It wouldn't be as fun for you guys.

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2011, 09:30:25 pm »

Any news on how Operation: Sacrifice Minion went?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2011, 11:05:19 pm »

I'm afraid I have been facing a bigger evil for the past few days:

I'll try to play some this weekend.

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2011, 12:10:42 am »

Sounds like a different kind of FB attack!

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2011, 12:55:46 am »

Sounds like a different kind of FB attack!

FTFY xD

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2011, 02:53:13 am »

Ouch.  You'll definitely need to strap on the adamantine plate armor for that one.  I recommend taking an addy pickaxe as a weapon to deal with it

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2011, 04:32:29 am »

Clearly it ignores standard armor.  The only that will help against it is an adamantine shell with a suitably bounded limits of integration.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 167