Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188238 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2011, 11:31:19 pm »

I have them all stationed out in the aptly-named "Migrantopia" (where they first arrived). I'm trying to figure out a plan for the miner to get a pick so a secondary fortress can be built.

You could always use wood to build a temporary surface fort

edit: wait... The Almighty Warrior-Dwarf Doren is a ghost?  What kind?

I didn't look. Apparently not the kind that beats the shit out of random stuff.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2011, 12:18:12 am »

I didn't look. Apparently not the kind that beats the shit out of random stuff.

Yet.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2011, 12:36:46 am »

It would be a nice turn of events if Ghostly-Doren suddenly started beating the shit out of the FBs. Do in death what she did in life...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2011, 01:14:01 am »

It would be a nice turn of events if Ghostly-Doren suddenly started beating the shit out of the FBs. Do in death what she did in life...

Actually, Doren only ever faced two FB's.  They got into the fortress when I was building the Sunlit Channel to Hell.  Almost all of her kills were goblins, trolls or the occasional demon

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2011, 08:11:57 am »

Actually, Doren only ever faced two FB's.  They got into the fortress when I was building the Sunlit Channel to Hell.  Almost all of her kills were goblins, trolls or the occasional demon

She can kill anything for all I care, so long as it's not my precious migrants or Mego III. Apparently there are some batmen hostiles on the map, but they're in a non-visible portion below the fortress.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2011, 08:18:33 am »

She can kill anything for all I care, so long as it's not my precious migrants or Mego III. Apparently there are some batmen hostiles on the map, but they're in a non-visible portion below the fortress.

Out of curiosity, what is visible to you in a reclaim?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2011, 09:22:24 am »

I want to join futile reclaiming! (my plan is to invest all embark points into war dogs or dogs).
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2011, 10:15:27 am »

Beginning a reclaim starts with sight of the outdoors, some way into the fort's corridors and the sunshine pit of hell's strawberries, including a large area of magma'd hell.

Killing enemies of the fort's dorfs. The same in death as in life.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2011, 12:28:13 pm »

I think we should just leave ghost Doren alone, she's done her work in life, now let her retire and enjoy the fruits  8) strawberries 8) of her labour in death :P

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2011, 02:15:54 pm »

If you may, could I take a stab at it? Also, if we have beaten back enough enemies to keep us going long term, perhaps a dorfing would be nice, too. "rridgway'?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2011, 02:44:55 pm »

OMG. Remember this coffin filled room? Hundreds of coffins + teleporting FB...
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2011, 03:07:29 pm »

Man I remember that room... it's just a shame that this fort isn't being played after the next release. Teleporting necromancers resurrecting 2000+ bodies. My fps hurts.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2011, 07:01:33 pm »

Beginning a reclaim starts with sight of the outdoors, some way into the fort's corridors and the sunshine pit of hell's strawberries, including a large area of magma'd hell.

I can't even see that far down. My vision stops a few z-levels below the first cavern.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2011, 07:06:04 pm »

I can't even see that far down. My vision stops a few z-levels below the first cavern.

Mine extended all the way, maybe none of your dwarves bothered to look down the massive gaping pits?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2011, 07:57:19 pm »

I want to join futile reclaiming! (my plan is to invest all embark points into war dogs or dogs).

You're added as Turn 14

If you may, could I take a stab at it? Also, if we have beaten back enough enemies to keep us going long term, perhaps a dorfing would be nice, too. "rridgway'?

You may and you have now been added as Turn 15

Mine extended all the way, maybe none of your dwarves bothered to look down the massive gaping pits?

Could it be due to Mego's dwarves barely making it inside the fortress after Sox gassed them all to sleep?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 167