Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188094 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2011, 10:33:19 pm »

Just got home from an insanely-difficult academics competition. Fuck Dwarf Fortress, I'm sleeping.

Just drink the blood of a recently slain EVERYTHING, works for me :D

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2011, 08:14:39 pm »

Just got home from an insanely-difficult academics competition. Fuck Dwarf Fortress, I'm sleeping.

I command the denizens of Hell to improve things for me.  Dwarves are such diligent workers.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2011, 08:16:44 pm »

A dead dwarf is a... Well a dwarf.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2011, 09:20:40 pm »

If someone survives their first year without tantrums or low moods/thoughts,
can we make this a community fort o - o

I also suggest sealing the fort until further notice.
Make an above ground village from scratch.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2011, 09:24:39 pm »

It'll be wonderful if we can get a foothold, as it stands all embarks have died within the week.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2011, 09:37:56 pm »

My name is Mego III. My father migrated to Swordthunders when I was a small child. He died there when the fortress met its end. Now, it's my time to visit the fortress. I am the leader of a 7-dwarf expedition to Swordthunders, with the intent of reclaiming for the Mountainhomes. We have departed our pleasant home to travel to the famed fortress that conquered Hell. What I will find there, I do not know. I must go. I must see what it was that killed my father. I must have my revenge.

We have made it to the fortress. Just inside, I can see the ghost of my dead father. The sight of him makes me tremble with fear and awe. We are gathering our gear and shall enter the fortress shortly. There are body parts strewn across the ground in front of Swordthunders. An appropriate welcoming committee.

As soon as we grabbed our gear, we heard the most chilling sound.

Fuck.

This is going better than expected. It seems to have no interest in attacking us, while we make short work of it with our weapons. I fear the result the vapors may have on us, though.

As we continue to fight, the effects of the vapor begin to set in. Dizziness and inhibition of exterior body parts are the initial symptoms, as well as bleeding. Nothing serious yet, although it has the potential to get worse, especially with no medical staff or facilities. We must hope for the best.

Double fuck. One of our number just fell unconscious following complete paralysis of his right arm. I do not know which beast caused it. Seeing as how Sox is nearly dead, we shall focus our efforts on Vemini.  Vemini has no interest in us, so we shall return to killing Sox. His vapors are slowly killing us, so he must be gotten rid of should we have any hope of making it inside.

Deep within the earth, we feel a massive rumbling. It is as if Hell itself is laughing at our attempts to take back the fortress.

Now the serious symptoms are setting in. Massive amounts of hemorrhaging and swelling have appeared on the exteriors of the others. One recruit, Inod, died after being unhappy from the miasma generated by her own arm. I fear the rest of us may follow suit.

We have no chance of surviving at this rate. It is only a matter of time before our wounds worsen and cause our deaths. My only regret is that the spirit of my father had to watch on as we futilely tried to take back the fortress that Hell itself has claimed as its own.

Sox is dead. We have run into the fortress to rest, as our wounds sap the remaining energy out of us.

save coming as soon as everyone dies...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:17:45 pm by Mego »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2011, 10:41:02 pm »

I thought you were going to seal the fortress and build a fresh one on-site to prepare from?

Also; Where the hell are they coming from exactly? 

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2011, 10:42:43 pm »

Lobsters, now?
"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THI- URGH..."

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2011, 10:43:39 pm »

Lobsters, now?
"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THI- URGH..."

If I see a penguin FB turn up, I'm going to laugh so hard...

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2011, 10:49:29 pm »

Didnt we have FB discussion about crabs in the old thread?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2011, 10:55:14 pm »

;_;

Cursed I tell you....

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2011, 11:08:13 pm »

The beasts are simply appearing right next to the wagon. They do not appear anywhere on the map prior to the announcement. I had planned on sealing off the fortress and starting a new one, but the fact that Sox appeared no more than 15 seconds after I unpaused, that wasn't a possibility. He kept following the dwarves around, keeping them from doing what I ordered.

In other news, there are 3 dwarves with fully-paralyzed arms wrestling the shit out of Sox.

I have seen it all now. For one frame, a ghost appeared a few squares away from where the 3 floppy-armed dwarves were tormenting Sox. Any bets on whose ghost it was?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:13:05 pm by Mego »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2011, 11:19:59 pm »

The beasts are simply appearing right next to the wagon. They do not appear anywhere on the map prior to the announcement. I had planned on sealing off the fortress and starting a new one, but the fact that Sox appeared no more than 15 seconds after I unpaused, that wasn't a possibility. He kept following the dwarves around, keeping them from doing what I ordered.

In other news, there are 3 dwarves with fully-paralyzed arms wrestling the shit out of Sox.

This is what happened to me - The FB's just started randomly appearing everywhere. It appears that they're behaving like ambushers.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2011, 11:27:00 pm »

This is what happened to me - The FB's just started randomly appearing everywhere. It appears that they're behaving like ambushers.

They are definitely behaving like ambushers. I get the ambush message when one of them appears.

A wounded dwarf is tantruming in his sleep. Said dwarf is unhappy about the miasma coming from his friend's foot, which is lying between him and said friend, as they both rest.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2011, 11:29:03 pm »

They are definitely behaving like ambushers. I get the ambush message when one of them appears.

A wounded dwarf is tantruming in his sleep.

I also got those messages :/
AMBUSH FROM THE DARKNESS!!! Or something like that :z

And better then having a dwarf tantruming whilst everyone else is sleeping. Silly gnomes don't even wake up when they're being bludgeoned to death.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 167