Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188036 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Methinks this fort is cursed.

CURSED I TELL YOU!

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats why we need a dwarf named Leonidas and a night elf named Xerxes.
Watching this will tell you what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYVuiDgCNho

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Ok, so we managed to get... One and a half months. Maybe if we throw enough groups of seven at the FBs they'll all die from laughter.

Fingers crossed for more than 1 turn next time around!  :P
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Looks like Swordthunders is my problem now. I'm downloading the save as I type this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Thats why we need a dwarf named Leonidas and a night elf named Xerxes.
Watching this will tell you what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYVuiDgCNho

DON'T QUOTE VIDEOS ON ME! I WAS AROUND WHEN MEMES WERE RULES!  8)

Looks like Swordthunders is my problem now. I'm downloading the save as I type this.

Weapons and shields. You can scavenge for upgrades, but it pays to be prepared.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the tip. I'm staring at a black screen on DF right now as my computer's fan burns a hole through my pant leg. I assume this is normal.

Also, man, I was quoting movies before it was cool.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Okay, I'll point out two things; Oliolli's plan to obsidianize the magma was WAY off and more complicated than it needs to be to get the magma out of Hell.  The other is you could seal off the lower levels by locking the floor hatches about 5-ish levels down from the main one.

Mego, I'll give one hint on how to get the magma out of Hell, if you last long enough

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I'll point out two things; Oliolli's plan to obsidianize the magma was WAY off and more complicated than it needs to be to get the magma out of Hell.  The other is you could seal off the lower levels by locking the floor hatches about 5-ish levels down from the main one.

Mego, I'll give one hint on how to get the magma out of Hell, if you last long enough

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I know what you're talking about. Unfortunately, the save has yet to load up.

compoundoverkillcornbread

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY ENSURES]
    • View Profile

BOTH OF YOU ARE INSANE.

jk  :P
haha no, but you told me to be insane. This is just a fragment of my insanity.
Not too insane, please.  We've got the insanity of The Master to deal with, I don't know if we can survive two ponies being totally bonkers
Oh man, I am really testing out the strength of this quote system today...TROLOLOLOLO!!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BOTH OF YOU ARE INSANE.

No need for kidding. It's perfectly true.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

BOTH OF YOU ARE INSANE.

jk. JK. JK?

JK?!!?! I am dissapoint.

compoundoverkillcornbread

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY ENSURES]
    • View Profile

BOTH OF YOU ARE INSANE.

No need for kidding. It's perfectly true.

I simply added that because it would be considered hypocritical...as I am equally insane!

jk. JK. JK?

JK?!!?! I am dissapoint.

haha, NOBODY BEATS MY INSANITY!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:03:40 pm by compoundoverkillcornbread »
haha no, but you told me to be insane. This is just a fragment of my insanity.
Not too insane, please.  We've got the insanity of The Master to deal with, I don't know if we can survive two ponies being totally bonkers
Oh man, I am really testing out the strength of this quote system today...TROLOLOLOLO!!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Just throwing this out for Mego;  If the FB's are in fortress proper (instead of the staircase to Hell or around the magma sea levels), you could always dig out a small fort to live in nearby the actual fortress so you can prepare.  Or just make two of your dwarves master warriors and hope there's some reachable adamantine armor in the place when you enter it.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile

Just throwing this out for Mego;  If the FB's are in fortress proper (instead of the staircase to Hell or around the magma sea levels), you could always dig out a small fort to live in nearby the actual fortress so you can prepare.  Or just make two of your dwarves master warriors and hope there's some reachable adamantine armor in the place when you enter it.

I was having a similar idea.
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

proficient dodger + shield user x7 (to give them a combat life expectancy that counts as a positive number.) bring 7 copper shields, the two picks and axes, then add a spear, sword, and a silver warhammer. Or whatever fits the budget.

Then immediately draft everyone and station them around the wagon. Once they grab their gear, assault the fortress.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 167