Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 187934 times)

sniken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, i checked swordthunders from before aussie flooded the upper levels,

Spoiler: "ores" (click to show/hide)

Still some potential for interesting works, Big shiny temple for the blood god?  ;)

Sign me up for the eight round of fun and I'm requesting to be dwarfed.

Name: Sniken
Profession: marksdwarf or brewer if possible :)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I wouldn't be concerned, since it's been less than a day. People have lives to attend to, you know?

Not much chance I'll have time this winter-spring to take a turn, but a dorf would be nice. Any male, named just Eric.

Yup, went out today, Sowwy guys xD

sniken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did it make you nauseous?  :-\
happens to me some times.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Did it make you nauseous?  :-\
happens to me some times.

Nope, but I did drink 2 litres of doctor pepper for some reason.

Anyways, magical teleporting Forgotten beast time! Second one, fire-breathing just appeared from nowhere. I only know where one dwarf is, and I'm pretty sure it would take 100 dwarves a few years to clear out all that junk. Still, the battle commences.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Good grief, I doubt I'm going to be able to survive the week! If I die, the reclaim automatically shifts to next spring, so I guess that means someone else gets the fun of reclaiming a reclaim to a monument. This could be a challenge - how long can you survive? :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:26:57 pm by Loud Whispers »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:28:15 pm by Mego »

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ollioli's turn! Time to answer: 24 hours.

Damn, ninja'd.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Cheers Mego.

Good grief, I doubt I'm going to be able to survive the week! If I die, the reclaim automatically shifts to next spring, so I guess that means someone else gets the fun of reclaiming a reclaim to a monument. This could be a challenge - how long can you survive? :P

Did you consider LOCKING the hatches at the top of the staircase to Hell to keep the FB's out?

Edit:  I just looked through your post.  Why did you drain the Cistern?  Also, what broke the vertical axle?  One of the Forgotten Beasts, I presume?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:45:10 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Cheers Mego.

Did you consider LOCKING the hatches at the top of the staircase to Hell to keep the FB's out?

Edit:  I just looked through your post.  Why did you drain the Cistern?  Also, what broke the vertical axle?  One of the Forgotten Beasts, I presume?

I had no idea where everything was, by the time I realised that was the entrance, a lot of the dwarves were already inside the fort, the fire breathing FB was outside it, and the two FB's were busy killing them all (and the hatches were destroyed). Also, I had no idea what that cistern led too (shaded out area), and curiosity got the better of me. If anything, it would've allowed me to enter the rest of the flooded off sections of the fort (bit redundant now, I had kinda just accepted that Datan wasn't going to kill the 3 FB's any time soon, so used it for my own screw it button), and there were 9 pages of axles being destroyed by FB's, so I think all of your power plants and pumps are dead.
Well mego, can you survive more than 8 days? XD
Oh and I'd like a turn (again), teh game just got personal.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Sounds like they missed the waterwheels though.  Those were near the surface.  Also, all that was behind those double-doors to the north was the Cistern, so all that digging was for naught.  You only broke the mighty cistern.

Fixing the axle is going to suuuuuuck if you want to get power down to the magma sea though.  If it really was nine pages, then the damn critters managed to break the whole goddamn thing at every exposed point and make it collapse.

The only good thing I can say is that you shouldn't get any more FB's in as there is no actual entry point they can use from the caverns.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless they use Demon Teleportis.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Which they seem to have used regardless. Also, I'd say diverting all that water away from the fort to the surrounding wildlife was a success. I mean, only you can stop forest fires... And start flash floods.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Which they seem to have used regardless. Also, I'd say diverting all that water away from the fort to the surrounding wildlife was a success. I mean, only you can stop forest fires... And start flash floods.

Or, better yet, end both with magma. No floods, because the water turns to obsidian. No forest fires, because no forest.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

unless the forest grows magically to full hight in a day like they always do.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 167