Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 187927 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

At the beheast of a few that read my thread about insulting, belittling and defeating Hell completely and utterly, I'm going to oversee a community game to try and retake the fortress. 

For anyone that hasn't read it yet, here's the original thread - The Dwarven Checkerboard.  Come for the ingenious method for outright killing the demon Clown Car rush, stay for the fortress taking on Hell itself and winning in true dwarven fashion.

The Rules:
One year each, spring-to-spring as standard.
Take your time to do your turn if need be, just don't drop off the radar for days on end during your turn
I will NOT be taking a turn in the fortress, I'm just looking after the thread. I built and killed the damn place once and I know what everything does - it wouldn't be as fun.

Loud Whispers volunteered for the first year, so it'll all begin when he starts it.

This is the world save post-swordthunders for the reclaim attempt and  anyone wanting to play with it on their own
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5202

The fort runs on v31.25, so download it if you need it.  (This version has DFHack and the Ironhand 0.57 tileset, but ignore the DFHack stuff. No modding, etc, save perhaps to clean the tiles if the FPS drops to single-digits.)

This is the list of what died so we could reclaim this Armok-forsaken fortress:

Four Overseers
Thirty-Three dwarves
Sixteen Dogs
One Yak Bull
One Alpaca, Baby
One Rabbit, Doe
Four Forgotten Beasts; Sox, Ugosh Pulpyraunch the Sunken Cysts, Meli Frigidrogue, Thoth Puzzledlie the Mine of Deceivers

Current Savegame - http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7260
Current Turn List:

1. Loud Whispers - Reclaim died horribly from a case of Forgotten Beasts

2. Ollioli - Reclaim died horribly from a case of Forgotten Beasts

3. Mego - Six of the original seven and a wave of migrants died from FB's, Mego III is nothing but blisters. The Forgotten Beast Sox was killed. The Reclaim attempt failed spectacularly

4. Keldane - Reclaim died horribly in a hail of crossbow-fire and the FB that had made it's home in the hospital

5. Mapleguy555 - Managed to build a foothold outpost in the hills south of Swordthunders

6. Mitchewawa - Successfully reclaimed the fortress proper and started draining Hell of magma

7. Noodz - Skipped
8. Sniken - Skipped
9. dragonshardz - HAT TRICK SKIP!
10. Loud Whispers -Q-Q-QUAD SKIP!
11. Squirrelloid - Cancels Turn:  Sick

12. Oliolli - Started draining Hell

13. Eric Blank - Skipped

14. Kogut - Quiet year of carving slabs

15. rridgway - Set up weapon traps and reconnected the Axle to the Cistern's pumps.

16. Archereon - Skipped
17. Cellmonk - Computer suffered from a virus
18. Vehudur - This fort is cursed, I tell you!  CURSED!

19. HiritconOvermindGibbross - Did Stuff

20. Splint - Fort dragged his poor computer to FPS hell
21. Mitchewawa -
22. Squirrelloid - Mysteriously Vanished

23. Eric Blank - Swordthunders is a Barony once more

24.cousac - Achieved the impossible by slabbing Swordthunder's ghost population

25. slothen

26. NCommander - Revived the Cistern Defenses

27. Oliolli
28. HiritconOvermindGibbross
29. DeathSword - Caught by the curse
30. Megaman3321
31. FarmerBob - Cleaned out some of the junk pervading the fort
32. Vehudur

33. Cellmonk - Current Turn

34. NCommander
35. Eric Blank
36. Ethanland
37. Oliolli
38. Vehudur
39. Child of Armok

See the fort... IN THREE-DEEEEE!!!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:39:24 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

IT BEGINS.

Spoiler: The Lash of Time (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 1st of Granite, 95 U.D (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2nd Of Granite, 95 U.D (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 4th of Granite, 95 U.D (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 5th of Granite, 95 U.D (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 5th of Granite, 95 U.D (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 6th of Granite, 95 U.D (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 7th of Granite, 95 U.D (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 8th of Granite, 95 U.D (click to show/hide)

THIS IS MY PROOF. I SURVIVED MORE THAN A WEEK.

Here is dah save £:<
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:42:15 pm by Loud Whispers »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

You took my first spot here, I demand the second turn  >:(

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You took my first spot here, I demand the second turn  >:(

Don't worry, you're still here in  8) spirit XD

Yeah sure, how long should each turn last?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

As I understand a year is standard, is it not?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Dibs on turn 3, as long as it does not conflict with my turn in Hellcannon.

Also, requesting dorfage as Mego III.

EDIT: After all my bitching in Hellcannon about format for dorfing requests, I didn't think to do it myself.

Mego III - N/A - N/A - N/A

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aussie already outlined it as one year, spring to spring.

Looks like I'll be getting year four. Kinda concerned that I'll be the weak link that causes the end. <_<

I have some questions about other rules concerning this fort. First, since we'll presumably only have the initial seven and the first two migrant waves to work with, will enabling labors on children be accepted to reinforce the workforce? Second, which changes to the init options are acceptable? Disabling caveins? Weather? Temperature? Invaders? (I assume the idea is to keep that last one on).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:37:47 pm by Keldane »
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take year 5, if my computer can handle it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like I'll be getting year four. Kinda concerned that I'll be the weak link that causes the end. <_<

I have some questions about other rules concerning this fort. First, since we'll presumably only have the initial seven and the first two migrant waves to work with, will enabling labors on children be accepted to reinforce the workforce? Second, which changes to the init options are acceptable? Disabling caveins? Weather? Temperature? Invaders? (I assume the idea is to keep that last one on).

Why only the first two migrant waves? There will probably be 4 before your turn.

I plan to play with everything on. Temperature and weather are the only things that I think would be appropriate to turn off.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why only the first two migrant waves? There will probably be 4 before your turn.

I plan to play with everything on. Temperature and weather are the only things that I think would be appropriate to turn off.

Didn't Aussie drive the dwarves to extinction? Wouldn't that mean that the first to migrant waves are the only ones that will ever show up?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think he said there was one other civ that just wasn't sending dwarves for some reason.

Hey Aussie, you forgot the turn/dorfing lists.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think he said there was one other civ that just wasn't sending dwarves for some reason.

I was under the impression that you could only ever receive immigrants from your parent civ. Not a problem if the other civ is very much alive and populated, and was the one selected by Loud Whispers, but...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I selected a live and well civ... At least I hope I did ^-^

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Breaking news: The Dwarven Mountainhome has a population crisis as too few babies are being born, and all of the inhabitants are above the age of childbirth! This could be the end for our fair civilization!

In other news, the lastest Fetus Smashing Day was a great success. Queen Led Shakecannons commented, "I've never seen fetuses smashed so gloriously before." When asked about the population crisis, the Queen simply stated, "We have reserves."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

And now the weather! Today we're expecting it to be partly cloudy with a 75% chance of dismemberment!
Back to you Mego!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 167