Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188688 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #930 on: February 13, 2012, 10:57:21 pm »

Trying to get Swordthunders ghost free? Good luck. The descended list is like 500 pages long.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 14, 2012, 03:43:10 am »

Well, i've had no new ones pop up, and most of the current ones are down, so ghost free may be a reality.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 14, 2012, 06:54:17 am »

from what I can tell Aussie had at least 1 mass grave before he abandoned it, and at least what I could find was mostly just dead livestock and invaders/merchants. And the results of my first attack on the place.... So the ghosts there may just be the few that didn't get a spot in those graves. Or they're more waiting to be found.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 14, 2012, 07:05:26 am »

from what I can tell Aussie had at least 1 mass grave before he abandoned it, and at least what I could find was mostly just dead livestock and invaders/merchants. And the results of my first attack on the place.... So the ghosts there may just be the few that didn't get a spot in those graves. Or they're more waiting to be found.

The mass grave was FULL of dead fort dwarves, no pets.  I made certain of that in the init settings that coffins being used for pets was set to N.  And there were indeed some 40-odd ghosts when I abandoned the place.  Most of them were just in Hell due to that being where they died in service to the Walls.

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 14, 2012, 11:18:32 am »

Summer starts off with our clothier, Mosus Iteboshen, getting possessed.  And here I thought we'd dealt with most of the ghosts...  Do we even have a clothier shop?  Oh, we seem to.  I'm glad he could find it.  I'm sure whatever he will need is here somewhere... hopefully whatever is possessing him knows where, cause I sure as hell don't.

Meanwhile, the elves are sitting in our trade depot, so of course our trader decides it would be a lovely time to go on break.  After having already partied.

I notice about now that 'Mitch' is doing nothing but making Rock Pots. When I ask him about it, he tells me we need more rock pots.  I casually inspect the floor to ceiling, wall to wall collection of pots his workshop has become, and quizzically raise an eyebrow at him.  'Need pots'.  Ooookay then, carry on.

We've almost put the first 25 ghosts down, and another 2 ghosts have arisen.  Well, we can deal with those.

The second artifact of Year 1 of my reign, oh yay, whatever shall i do with it...

The second month of summer is starting and I come to an important realization - the magma is slowly draining of evaporating or something.  The top layer, where we have the pumps positioned, is all the way down to scattered 1s instead of the uniform 3-4 it was when i started...  Interesting.

More migrants?  I suppose we could use some more workers.  We have:
Catten Idashkol, accomplished milker
Minkot Uzolnicat, novice cheese maker
Fath Rigothcatten, adequate fish dissector
Melbil Uzolziril, Novice Siege Op/Eng
...truly worthy servants of my crown...

I am making plans for my burial chamber, and it shall be glorious!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 14, 2012, 11:55:31 am »

^ I had a lot of trouble with the ghosts. Whenever I thought I'd finally gotten to the end of the list, there would be a brief period without ghosts, then twenty more would arise.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 14, 2012, 01:08:36 pm »

^ I had a lot of trouble with the ghosts. Whenever I thought I'd finally gotten to the end of the list, there would be a brief period without ghosts, then twenty more would arise.

I have considered just making a memorial for every dwarf ever in the fortress...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 14, 2012, 04:56:33 pm »

wait wait wait.... how the hell are these tiny migrant groups still popping up? The civ's dead...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 14, 2012, 05:27:16 pm »

wait wait wait.... how the hell are these tiny migrant groups still popping up? The civ's dead...

I'd wager that in 0.31.25 it doesn't save the civ pop, just that the civ exists. 

As for the magma draining, could it be that Mitchewawa opening that Glowing Pit actually worked?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 14, 2012, 05:29:57 pm »

I'd wager that in 0.31.25 it doesn't save the civ pop, just that the civ exists. 

Usually when I embark with a dead civ I dont get no migrants past the first 2, and the caravan is the same guys every year. Hmm. Maybe I'm wrong, Idunno.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 14, 2012, 07:53:20 pm »

There were 2 dwarf civs I presume

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 14, 2012, 09:13:23 pm »

Appearently they both got wrecked. Only 2 mountanhalls and one civ to pick from if I recall. I guess survivors are migrating.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 14, 2012, 10:05:07 pm »

I think I'll have to forgo my second turn. Remove from list me Aussie!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 15, 2012, 12:47:44 am »

I think I'll have to forgo my second turn. Remove from list me Aussie!

Mapleguy555 cancels Swordthunders: Interrupted by 0.34.01.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 15, 2012, 10:10:17 am »

i just lost an update to internet dropping connectivity (because AT+T sucks), so, uh, you'll have to wait =P
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 167