Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188376 times)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mitch, we might get more immigrants.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

I did wonder when the goblins would turn up.  Where did the FB spawn?  I could've sworn I sealed the quarry level off from the caverns though...

Under some hatches in the 2x2 up/down tunnel from the main base to *something*. I haven't got vision of the bottom.

Will we ever get a sustained population? Probably not. But we can drive more Dwarven civs to extinction ;P

I checked, ours was the only dwarven civ to ever exist.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Anyone know if there are any checks to revive a dwarf civ if it's technically extinct between forts?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Anyone know if there are any checks to revive a dwarf civ if it's technically extinct between forts?

No :(

I wonder if it would be possible to breed a large amount of Dorfs in Swordthunders, abandon and have them all form their own civs? That would revive Dorfdom C:

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Oh, something I should probably mention as Mitchewawa came into this blind:  There's no metal on the map.  You'll have to trade/loot caravans and goblins for it

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Oh, something I should probably mention as Mitchewawa came into this blind:  There's no metal on the map.  You'll have to trade/loot caravans and goblins for it

There is metal on the map. It's blue.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And tastes dericious.

and Mego, are you caring at all that Mego IV is getting pummeled?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I have experience with maps without metal >:D

(Be afraid migrants, very afraid.)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And tastes dericious.

and Mego, are you caring at all that Mego IV is getting pummeled?

What? Should I?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay. No metal. no migrants. 30 ghosts snapping necks with their bodies guarded by a pair of poisonous FBs, one of which is made of rock. It's the end of the first year so goblins are coming. There's only 16 of us and we're not far from a tantrum spiral. Our 'objective' is to somehow pump infinity magma out of hell.

We truly have done something special.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:21:04 am by Mitchewawa »

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay. No metal. no migrants. 30 ghosts snapping necks with their bodies guarded by a pair of poisonous FBs, one of which is made of rock. It's the end of the first year so goblins are coming. There's only 16 of us and we're not far from a tantrum spiral. Our 'objective' is to somehow pump infinity magma out of hell.

I personally think we need to devote our extremely limited resources to making a danger room, and killing the FB's...

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally think we need to devote our extremely limited resources to making a danger room, and killing the FB's...

No. The FB population can be handled by proficient military dorfs. More skills will only speed up the fights some. The real problem is those damn syndromes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

No. The FB population can be handled by proficient military dorfs. More skills will only speed up the fights some. The real problem is those damn syndromes.

Dwarves don't really need eyeballs.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But they do need vital organs. Hence the vital part.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For what I have planned, all my dwarfs need is their vital organs, one hand, and their sex organs.

The last two aren't related, I just need hauling done.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 167