Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188326 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

"Slept on a pile of driftwood recently."

Cast away? :D

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

"...has made a friend recently."

Wilson McBalls has been struck down.

"...has lost a friend to tragedy recently."
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

"...has made a friend recently."

Wilson McBalls has been struck down.

"...has lost a friend to tragedy recently."

This could become a new community fort in it's own right ;P
But, these things can wait.
How goes the fort?

Screen caps? :D

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I'm not surprised really.  The odds of a dwarf dying peacefully are vastly outweighed against Goblins, Trolls, Demons, Forgotten Beasts, other dwarves, failed moods, water, magma, blood, wildlife, the dead, the undead, and general overseer cruelty.  Especially considering the fort had TWO tantrum spirals in it's day as well as regular 20-dwarf slaughters when they got locked outside during goblin sieges.  And then there's the losses against the odd demon group while I was building the HellWalls....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I'm not surprised really.  The odds of a dwarf dying peacefully are vastly outweighed against Goblins, Trolls, Demons, Forgotten Beasts, other dwarves, failed moods, water, magma, blood, wildlife, the dead, the undead, and general overseer cruelty.  Especially considering the fort had TWO tantrum spirals in it's day as well as regular 20-dwarf slaughters when they got locked outside during goblin sieges.  And then there's the losses against the odd demon group while I was building the HellWalls....

Yeah how did you manage to always lock out so many Dorfs? I'm sure Doren could've taken out all of the sieges with or without locked hatches...

Come to think of it, why were they outside? :p

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah how did you manage to always lock out so many Dorfs? I'm sure Doren could've taken out all of the sieges with or without locked hatches...

Come to think of it, why were they outside? :p

To this day, I have no idea.  I'm fairly certain I forbid everything of interest outside the fort, so there must've been an odd sock or something left by a dead caravan out down the hill somewhere.  And Doren was usually busy killing demons before they murdered the masonry dwarves in Hell.  Once the walls were sealed, that was when I started turning Doren onto the goblin sieges.  Prior to that, I just locked the doors and waited them out.  The fortress had enough food and booze to keep itself fed and inebriated for decades.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I hear now I regret not following the original thread.

Daily update will be up tomorrow. I hope we get migrants; I've got craft stations pumping rock crafts to get more. The two we got from the last wave piss me off.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Daily update will be up tomorrow. I hope we get migrants; I've got craft stations pumping rock crafts to get more. The two we got from the last wave piss me off.

Oh it gets better;  I drove the dwarf civilization to extinction.  For my second worldgen in a row.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh it gets better;  I drove the dwarf civilization to extinction.  For my second worldgen in a row.

I guess that means I won't be getting my migrants.

Okay ladies and gentlemen, partner up and get humpin'. We have a race to repopulate.

E: It's 8 men to 9 women. One guy gets two ladies. Good for him.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:47:00 am by Mitchewawa »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Mapleguy picked a different dwarf civ off the list than the one I ruined in the original fort.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I think Mapleguy picked a different dwarf civ off the list than the one I ruined in the original fort.

*Cough cough*

Mapleguy?

1. Loud Whispers - Reclaim died horribly from a case of Forgotten Beasts

It was the only civ.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh. There's two reclaim sites. Swordthunders and Blockedsomething. The hell?

Oh and yeah, the dwarf civ is dead. At least I reclaimed Swordthunders.

E: ...and in the throes of extinction, the brave dwarfs are stuck in a state of perpetual 'picking shit up'.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:04:57 pm by Mitchewawa »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mitch; Overseer of the Remaining

Chapter Six: Penetrate

I called myself 'Tribe Leader of the Migrants', because our small population was but a mere fraction, a minority, of the dwarven race. We were a tribe, living and scavenging off the land. I have been informed from the migration of two that we are in fact, the last remaining dwarfs. In the world. We are not the minority, we are the remaining.

5th Obsidian:

We need to prepare for a long term solution towards repopulating the dwarven race; and I'm the only married one. Wandering caravans still pass through; I wonder if we can get them to settle down here.

What the fuck!?

Ghosts are running rampant; at any given moment I can see then chasing dwarfs all over the place. We need to penetrate the quarry now. I've ordered our only soldier, the novice axedwarf, to explore the nether regions of our base to see how we can get in to the quarry.

5th Granite:

No! This is bad! Lock the hatches!

Another soul lost to the depths, one we cannot retrieve. A violent ghost is expected. We're safe from the two Beasts, but unable to enter the quarry and we need to find another way in (while also locking the FBs away). The mood is low and I fear our defeat is coming; and I was the first to successfully populate Swordthunders too. At least I know where the FBs are now, and that they're locked under hatches.

No, we will survive. We will not fall to Swordthunder's insanity, even if I have to forbid all work and just have a year long party. At least that way we can get some marriages happening.

Spring has arrived.

Okay, I have no idea why the images are so small. I'm not scaling them down. Turns out imageshack was scaling them down, but now they're too big. I'll fix it later. That will do.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:05:56 pm by Mitchewawa »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did wonder when the goblins would turn up.  Where did the FB spawn?  I could've sworn I sealed the quarry level off from the caverns though...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Will we ever get a sustained population? Probably not. But we can drive more Dwarven civs to extinction ;P
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 167