Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188327 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Sorry. How's the update going?

Dunno.  Have to see what Mitch has gotten up to when he updates, I guess.  I'm still curious to see how much of the vertical axle and water wheels survived if the quarry-level axles leading to the magma pumps are intact.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Oh shit, I could have sworn I posted an update today. Hahaha, my bad.

It's 11PM but I'll update anyway. Missing out on a premade with IRL friends in League of Legends though  :(

Mitch; Tribe Leader of the Migrants

Chapter Four: Nubile Young Ladies

Work continues on reclaiming the bodies of the fallen; all other hauling has been turned off (well, just the stockpiles). I don't give a flying fuck if our breweries are crowded, so long as dwarfs get their booze and food.

13th Timber:

And no flying fucks were given.

My fellow dwarfs have been asking me about the long lost mechanisms and axles of yesteryear. There's tunnels and axels going all over the place, I can't possibly know which ones they're talking about.

We have a dozen depots, I'll deal with them when they crash land into whichever one they plan on using.

Okay, the one outside. Safe? I do hope Olilioloero will get of his/her arse to trade our desecrated corpse crafts.

I managed to fix that fucking annoying 'I cannot find the baby corpse' graffiti that has been left all over my Overseer ledger. Forbid all bodies left in the 'quarry'. Man, that quarry would have left enough rocks to fuel a dwarf's architectural boner for centuries.

2nd Moonstone:

I've left two notes in Migrantopia; one for the lever that controls the front door and one that controls the back. Even put my name on them, so now everyone will remember it was me who did the impossible and took back Swordthunders. I will do what they said could not be done. I will be known across the world as a hero and a success. And lo' many nubile young ladies shall bear their tits in thy bedchamber, and mine member shall be most pleased.

Oliloiol managed to get to the depot in one piece (I was quite fearful, no one has stepped outside in months). Here's what I traded for:
- Raw and crystal glass (in case of moods)
- All 4 barrels of booze
- A bin of fibre, silk and leather (in case of moods)

Not a mighty haul, but what ever else we need we can either make or salvage from Swordthunders. Oilyolli isn't a great trader just yet; we got down 700 urists in that small trade. Perhaps in time, Oliollo shall be a master of mercantile. However, he makes a valuable adept stone crafter (not as good as me though).

We have run out of bodies, at least in the upper levels. Most of the ghosts are coming from the quarry or from bodies lost. This bodes eerily; I have been warned of demons that lurk in the Great Below. In time, we shall reclaim them, but for now I would like to make a home out of Swordthunders upper level. Every piece of furniture has been reclaimed, every crafting station, every piece of cloth and every stone. Stockpiles are being set up.

Ladies and gentlemen, dwarfs of all ages, Step the Second has been achieved. Swordthunders is mine. All Forgotten Beasts are either hiding below, or have been lost to time. Migrantopia is being evacuated and closed off (but shall serve as an emergency bunker in case of inevitable clumsy disaster). The overgrowth has been shaved, and our 17 dwarfs have taken beds.

This has been done in only 4 months, with only one casualty; to a ghost. Swordthunders is now cut off from the world and I can easily wait out my remaining year and a quarter. But where is the fun in that?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:58:48 am by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's 11PM but I'll update anyway. Missing out on a premade with IRL friends in League of Legends though  :(

It's no problem.  Go enjoy League with your mates

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's no problem.  Go enjoy League with your mates

Too late! Oh well, I always carry the team anyway.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, that quarry would have left enough rocks to fuel a dwarf's architectural boner for centuries.

40-odd dwarven years, actually.  All that stone was used to build the Hellvillas and the Great Hell-Walls of Aussie.

I'll be nice and point out there should be a vertical axle running up with the stairs.  You might notice a single constructed wall with all the regular ones that line up perfectly on every level.... At the end up top is one of the masterpieces of the Fortress...

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, can't see it. Vision doesn't run very far into the quarry.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It runs down with the 2x2 staircase.  Should be on the north side of it behind the constructed wall standing out from the regular rough stone ones on every level of it.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow. I took about a 2 month break from dorf fortress, and only 1 turn has gone by.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Mitch, you spelt bare wrong. Unless, you know, bears lol

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mitch; Tribe Leader of the Migrants

Chapter Five: The Dead Need no Socks

We're a blessed lot of migrants; we need not create our own. Everything we need for a decade rests within these walls, and all we need to do is farm and distil food and booze. A great dwarf once said, 'Strike the earth!' and 'With stout labour comes great reward', but a cunning dwarf said, 'Take what the corpses don't need, most notably their socks!'. After all, there isn't much earth left to strike in this plot of tainted land, with a scar across the grassland where magma was wrought and the corpses of thousands that litter its hollow mountain.

19th Moonstone:

I've taken down the wood stockpile; turns out we won't be needing for wood in a long time. The overgrowth should provide enough wood for at least until the end of next year.

Haha! Nearly forgot to remove the burrow I assigned to Oliolli (that can't be right) in the depot.

I've [MANDATED] 50 more coffins placed; we're just about run out of empty ones and I want to be ready for when we breach the quarry.

21st Moonstone:

What is this?!

I've found the old training rooms, including the archery ranges (which do not function because of a glaring oversight from whoever made them). I've created a militia of one man; a novice axeman. I'd sooner praise the sun then his skill, but it'll have to do. At least he gets the swanky training room all to himself.

She's pretty good for a shag.

20th Opal:

A month has gone without much going on. I've ordered tables and chairs to be placed in the old dining room, as some of them were probably destroyed by age or demons.

I found a variable ocean of blood. Say what you will about the decrepit walls of Swordthunders, but this place sure knows how to frighten the shit out of a dwarf.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Follow the blood trail. FOLLOW IT.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As time goes on, expand Migrantopia at your leisure, we may need it in the future. Designate it as a burrow for emergencies only.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

As time goes on, expand Migrantopia at your leisure, we may need it in the future. Designate it as a burrow for emergencies only.

That is one of my three contributions to Swordthunders; the others being Mego III the Formerly-Eternal Blister and the hole in the wall.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the word you want is "veritable", not variable, Mitchewawa.  Can we get a look at the fort's status screen so we can see it's wealth/population/etc?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bah, I am misspelling everything. Must be school holidays brain rot.

E: The DF wiki list of dwarven thoughts is hilarious; "...has been attacked by a dead and still annoying acquaintance lately." - "...was very embarrassed to be uncovered lately." - I've noticed the amount of negative thoughts way outweigh the positive ones.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:57:41 am by Mitchewawa »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 167