Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 187959 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

unless the forest grows magically to full hight in a day like they always do.

So, multiple treatments. Didn't you ever read Syrupleaf?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Hold on, I'm firing it up...

Hmm, my connection seems oddly slow, DL:ing the save is taking it's sweet time...

Also, I'm only now registering to DFFD, and I'm not getting the activation e-mail...

DF crashes any time I try to reclaim. In case I can't get this to work, I'll have to skip my turn. 'Tis a shame.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:25:42 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Truly. Must keep tryin!
hmm... Sign me up for spot 9 anyway; it'll probably be just a couple weeks if the reclaims repeatedly fail.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it gets to me and I have to launch my own reclamation attempt, can I bring extra dwarves? >_>
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Hold on, I'm firing it up...

Hmm, my connection seems oddly slow, DL:ing the save is taking it's sweet time...

Also, I'm only now registering to DFFD, and I'm not getting the activation e-mail...

DF crashes any time I try to reclaim. In case I can't get this to work, I'll have to skip my turn. 'Tis a shame.

Wait 5 minutes or so. Not kidding, but once it's loaded you shouldn't have any problems.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, are we waiting for Oliolli or should I go ahead and start my turn?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

So, are we waiting for Oliolli or should I go ahead and start my turn?

Wait one day?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds good.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Yeah, if we don't hear anything from Oliolli by tonight, server time, you can start your attempt at reclaiming the place Mego.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile

Dwarf me with a male cook(If possible) please.
Named HOG.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:07:15 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DON't START YET, DON'T START YET!

You won't believe what just happened! I find a sealed off wing, hundreds, hundreds of fortresses, just sitting there! Full of skeletons, shoved them out, good as new!'

It did reclaim this time.

Let us begin the tale of (the reclaim of) Swordthunders... again...

So, led by ThatAussieGuy II, the Reborn King of HFS Lor Zonmamot, Expedition Leader, accompanied by random named dorfs and a novice combatant named Oliolli IV, the expedition has arrived.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aussie, look familiar? This is the shaft in which my adventurer was, and still is.

I hope you people are ready to wait a bit, I'm getting a FPS of 1½.

Oliolli II, the Ghostly Carpenter is wandering the fort. Even though I am dead, my spirit lives on. Or, you know...

Hmm, apparently Swordthunders has '2000?' corpses and '1000?' body parts around. Well done Aussie, I salute you.

I have yet to see any FBs.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:56:45 am by Oliolli »

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

No offence Oliolli, but I don't want to be dwarfed for this fort.  It's all about the reclaim you guys are doing, not what I did or my dwarf did.  All I'm doing is keeping any eye on the thread and wondering just how you crazy buggers will run the place into the ground.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All right then, I'll just take the name away.
I realized I should have asked you first.

I've also found the hole Aussie used to grow strawberries in hell. Hell seems... magmariffic...

What the--- A FB ambushed me?!?

Well, between the two FBs that came out of nowhere and some accidents, it seems I don't really have much chance anymore. So I threw a yak into Aussies hole-to-hell. Well, maybe I CAN do something. I'm sending a miner to find a way to hell, maybe get some water down there. See if I can obsidianize soem of the magma.
The miner killed a FB, by the way. With his bare damn hands. The FB was water, so no surprise he won.

Two dorfs down, five to go.

Well, one FB has left the map, one was killed by my miner, the other by a lucky strike from my hunter.

A new FB. Also, my FPS has been steadily increasing, now being at 25.

"Your fortress has crumbled to it's end."
Go make some new disaster...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:17:41 pm by Oliolli »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

How long did you last? :P

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Midspring  :-[

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 167