Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188454 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I'm now picturing two shell-shocked dwarves sitting on a bench exchanging horror stories.

"*hands twitching* That's nothing! This one fortress I been in, our own doctors killed more than the invaders did!"
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I won't lie, It's a little inspiring imagining that.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I'm now picturing two shell-shocked dwarves sitting on a bench exchanging horror stories.

"*hands twitching* That's nothing! This one fortress I been in, our own doctors killed more than the invaders did!"

Ah, but have you ever lost your fort's best militia dwarf, a legend in his own right, simply because a ghost possessed him for a tantrum and the fort guard broke his arms and legs, leaving him to die on the floor of the barracks slowly and painfully of dehydration?  (Wasn't in Swordthunders)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, but I did have some poor 12 year old get beaten to death with a steel flail for not making amulets when she didn't even have a crafting job enabled.

And there was when Stova got mutated and ripped half of her own recruits apart...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, but I did have some poor 12 year old get beaten to death with a steel flail for not making amulets when she didn't even have a crafting job enabled.

And there was when Stova got mutated and ripped half of her own recruits apart...

I've murdered 50+ cats (and a few hapless dwarves) with an accidental impromptu waterfall down a drop deep enough to splatter them all on-impact.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen so many waterfall related accidents that doesn't shock me

I had a marksman and a goblin suffocate eachother. Dunno how they did that, but they did it....

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen so many waterfall related accidents that doesn't shock me

I had a marksman and a goblin suffocate eachother. Dunno how they did that, but they did it....

The Spire of Armok, tested with a fortress population of 230-odd dwarves inside.  It took FIVE MINUTES for the game to render the fallen remains of the place.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, now that is impressive.

Although I gotta say this clusterfuck you've blessed us with might still top it...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My personal goal is to make a fort/megaproject so horrifying or insane it either renders people speechless just looking at it or breaks their minds, just a little.  Ah, one day.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:31:35 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have your work cut out for you then. You're dealing with a community in varying states of mental illness and instability. A community that murders kittens for fun and farmed innocent merpeople for profit. A community that took The Spartan Way to extremes. A community that attacked hell itself with a checker board and walls.

I can't even make a goblin attack interesting in this thread. You all are in the state of "Doesn't really care about anything anymore."

Hope you like the greatest challenge in DF history my friend.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have resolved to make a 26 Urist (Pound) Gummy Party Bear with bowl full of masterwork meals. Urist (Calorie) count of 32,000, without the meals.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... So basically instant diabetes?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

My personal goal is to make a fort/megaproject so horrifying or insane it either renders people speechless just looking at it or breaks their minds, just a little.  Ah, one day.

In order to complete this challenge, you're looking at having to do something so horrific that you'd get banned and all evidence of it erased, and anyone that dare discuss it again banned as well. There are some events that even we will not speak of, a certain level of depravity that Toady simply will not tolerate.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In order to complete this challenge, you're looking at having to do something so horrific that you'd get banned and all evidence of it erased, and anyone that dare discuss it again banned as well. There are some events that even we will not speak of, a certain level of depravity that Toady simply will not tolerate.

I didn't mean THAT level of seriously horrific, more just a moment of "what did you DO?!"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There in lies the problem: It's difficult to make hardened players say that now.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 167