Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188874 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

My forts are actually comparatively nice places to live, with automatic defenses powered by mechanical logic and everything.  And then they usually flood with lava in a hilarious way.

BTW I'll do my best to keep stupid mistakes from flooding this fort with lava (again).

It's not just the basement.  There's something inherently creepy about this fort.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Just from my own solo attempt that died an FPS related/Soxrot death, I can agree with the above. Something definatly not right.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

It's not just the basement.  There's something inherently creepy about this fort.

Just from my own solo attempt that died an FPS related/Soxrot death, I can agree with the above. Something definatly not right.

...It's the mass grave with 900-odd coffins, isn't it?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I consider that normal for forts that aren't my own (I try to minimize casualties, but recently I'm wary to trust any doctors.)

Something just.... Something's off.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of Hell or High Water, while I remember, Vehudur, you might to beware the fort's cistern.  Someone started the pumps to fill it.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

Speaking of Hell or High Water, while I remember, Vehudur, you might to beware the fort's cistern.  Someone started the pumps to fill it.

Duly noted.

I consider that normal for forts that aren't my own (I try to minimize casualties, but recently I'm wary to trust any doctors.)

I avoid casualties myself.  Doesn't stop this (from one of my forts) from happening sometimes: http://imgur.com/CyfS7

Something just.... Something's off.

This.  I can't really place it.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... I have one fort that drove Mitch half-mad with it's over-complexity (I did warn him...) and another that is considered "somewhat off".  Huh. 

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

I've seen Swordthunders, or at least most of it. There is nothing inherently unusual about it. Maybe a few oddities (hellish basement), but nothing too serious in the desing. It's just that the atmosphere is... not right. Always feels like something is watching your dwarves. You quickly move the camera but there's nothing there.

I wonder what the one I'm building will do.  Probably drag elder gods out of the monitor of anyone who tries to play it.

And while they're coming out, they will be screaming "LET ME OUT OF HEREEE!"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:37:35 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

If you didn't know he was talking about an atom bomb this would totally apply to playing this fort:  http://www.atomicarchive.com/Movies/Movie8.shtml

Hmm... is there a pattern here? Is your problem atomics related as well?

EDIT: If there's a pattern among the various skipped/stalled turns, I'm going to write up a containment article on SCP foundation website. I don't know if this is Keter or Euclid, though it seems to exhibit more properties of the latter. It is certainly not Safe.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:23:57 pm by Cellmonk »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you didn't know he was talking about an atom bomb this would totally apply to playing this fort:  http://www.atomicarchive.com/Movies/Movie8.shtml

EDIT: If there's a pattern among the various skipped/stalled turns, I'm going to write up a containment article on SCP foundation website. I don't know if this is Keter or Euclid, though it seems to exhibit more properties of the latter. It is certainly not Safe.

Actually, it would be qualified as Safe.  It is inert when not being used, makes no attempt to escape containment and it can be moved with no ill effects.  It's aberrant behaviours are only present when someone initiates it.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, it would be qualified as Safe.  It is inert when not being used, makes no attempt to escape containment and it can be moved with no ill effects.  It's aberrant behaviours are only present when someone initiates it.

Actually, I don't think its yet understood enough to be classified as safe. On my computer there is evidence it tried to isolate me (cutting off internet connection) in order to force me to interact with it, and thus be more heavily influenced by it. I disagree that it has made no attempt to break containment. You are evidence of that, being under its influence, and being influenced by it to spread it over the internet.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, I don't think its yet understood enough to be classified as safe. On my computer there is evidence it tried to isolate me (cutting off internet connection) in order to force me to interact with it, and thus be more heavily influenced by it. I disagree that it has made no attempt to break containment. You are evidence of that, being under its influence, and being influenced by it to spread it over the internet.

Actually, in that case _I_ would be classified as the SCP due to both forts I've created and shared having spurious effects.  The created forts would be classified as SCP-XXXX-1 and XXXX-2.

...Wait.... Uh-oh....

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess the question now is if Aussie is Euclid or Keter.

wait. I... just thought of something. This could go even higher. What if you are SCP-XXXX-XXXX. Is it bay12 that is keter?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:23:14 pm by Cellmonk »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess the question now is if Aussie is Euclid or Keter.

You could try to research the phenomena and conduct tests, but you'd probably suddenly find yourself swamped with other things you need to do.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I think the most important question is thus; If we stuffed Aussie in a box, stuffed it underground and forgot about him for all eternity, would we be safe from the wrath of these forts, or would it be contagious like the self-throwing tomatoes?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 167