Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188431 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Hope you're building that into the side of a hill and not just anywhere on top of one.

I'll still need to wait in that case. The magma is at 5/7 on the level where I could start building villas into the hillside. (Hellside? Nasty, untasteful pun, I know and I apologize.)

I claim the best room. xD

Pretty much all hellvillas are of the same layout and I'm not going to start changing it.

All demons are magmaproof.  And yes, they only fly if they have wings.

That's a relief, as there are only two demons roaming free. One pterosaur demon, who is apparently stuck in the doorway of a hellvilla and one demon of amber, which doesn't seem to have wings.

Journal of Oliolli
Part Eight: Merchants, migrants and moods

3rd of Sandstone, 103

Migrants have arrived. Poor things... the goblins are still here.

8th of Sandstone, 103

After five days of running around, trying to get away from the goblins the migrants FINALLY decided to turn and fight. This will be over quickly...

Oh, and one of the goblins was caught in a cage trap.

9th of Sandstone, 103

Out of the three migrants two are already dead. The third is missing.

The wax worker has begun a construction, out of nothing but three schist boulders.

12th of Sandstone, 103

The last of the migrants are dead.

14th of Sandstone, 103

The strange mood was a success, and the resulting scepter is utterly useless.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

18th of Sandstone, 103

The merchants have gone mad. Three yaks and two merchants went berserk.

1st of Timber, 103

Another month, another three dead, another artifact, another batch of dead merchants.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Can we get a picture of the front yard outside the main entrance?  Must be starting to look like its old slaughterific self by now.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very little has actually changed. Most of the slaughter has been on the hills around the front yard, and in front of the entrance to Migrantopia. I think a few animals have been killed in the yard.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's slightly odd how we have to make everything more lively by adding corpses. Everyone likes corpses!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

This is why we can't have nice things. Someone keeps putting dead things on them.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Journal of Oliolli
Part Nine: Finally tired of lists of things that have come and gone...

6th of Timber, 103

Oh crap! A Demon of Amber has somehow managed to get up from the magma and is near the hellpost right now! We'll have to stop it somehow, and fast!

9th of Timber, 103

We should be safe for now. The demon has stopped in an adamantine vein, just two levels from the quarry level.

It also appears the merchants' guards managed to get out somehow... One of the crossbowmen is currently wandering the quarry level. Now to figure how I could pit him against the demon...

11th of Timber, 103

I figured out why it stopped. It's currently smashing some nearby floodgates. We need magma here, stat!

14th of Timber, 103

Now it went for a swim in the magma sea. We need water here, stat!

16th of Timber, 103

A dwarven caravan has arrived. We'll see how they fare against the goblins. I'm also considering relocating the trade depot to the quarry level, simply to see if I could get the guards to fight the demon.

Nah, wait. The goblins are already gone.

19th of Timber, 103

The demon has left the area through the magma sea. Good riddance.

The worst damage it caused came in the form of two floodgates. Lack of them caused a massive flood down our main ingress into hell. It is useless now...

I'll have to try and stop the flow. Begin Operation HYLJE 2.0!

27th of Timber, 103

Due to a poorly situated cavern, Operation HYLJE 2.0 must be re-planned. Half of the original workspace turned out to be in the caverns, near a tribe of cave fish people.

1st of Moonstone, 103

Winter has arrived after a relatively eventful autumn. It will soon be a year since I began managing this place.

The caverns have been sealed off again. I've remade the plans for Operation HYLJE 2.0, and it should still work, and it will perhaps even be easier!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not just use the magma pumps leftover from me filling Hell, build a channel to where the water is flowing, and obsidianize it?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I... I don't know. I must admit though, I've disassembled some pumps here and there to prevent hell from being flooded with magma and the vertical axle is still not complete. I'll see what I can do though.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:34:07 pm by Oliolli »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Aussie, I hope you know we're just going to use the save to release more demons xD

This is why we can't have nice things.  I turn the feared Underworld into a pleasant seaside community and you all just break down the walls to let the demons back in.
This is why we can't have nice things. Someone keeps putting dead things on them.

History appears to be repeating itself.

Also, despair for the prophecy is coming true!

This is why we can't have nice things in BattlefailedSwordthunders, someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did Mitch hand off the Crundle Leather Book? Or did he just hand off leadership?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

I haven't been paying that much attention to the thead...

...so why are demons spawning? The walls of hell were walled off.

Oh, and I bags a hellvilla. You know, because I reclaimed the thing and also started the magma drain.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd guess they're the two that have always been lurking in Hell.  Didn't you mention a Pterrosaur demon in your own year, Mitch?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a pterosaur demon in the doorway of one of the hellvillas. The demon of amber probly was somewhere in the darkness.

Journal of Oliolli
Part Ten: Not much happening

7th of Moonstone, 103

Wait a second... Two new demons have appeared? Another Demon of Amber and another Pterosaur Demon. Where did they come from?

12th of Moonstone, 103

A talc coffin has been destroyed somewhere... I have no idea where, though.

23rd of Moonstone, 103

Back during the ambush a goblin hammerman was caught in a cage trap. Now EricBlank has dispensed justice for all the lost dwarven lives.

24th of Moonstone, 103

140 levels later the goblin's head and all limbs were severed from the body.

1st of Opal, 103

Another month gone. The two new demons have disappeared, which just means they are now hiding somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:04:16 am by Oliolli »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I vote Eric Blank's dwarf be given the title "Spartan"

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile

I vote Eric Blank's dwarf be given the title "Spartan"

second
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 167