Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McBrewer cancels Brew Drink: Needs Empty Food Storage Item  (Read 18614 times)

optimusjamie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist McBrewer cancels Brew Drink: Needs Empty Food Storage Item
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:19:21 pm »

I'm trying to get my fortress' brewer to brew some beer. However, it keeps saying that I need empty food storage items. I have multiple barrels with nothing in them. See the problem? How do I get him to put the drink in the barrel?

optimusjamie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McBrewer cancels Brew Drink: Needs Empty Food Storage Item
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:47:57 pm »

Three of my dorfs have died of thirst. The situation is URGENT.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 06:48:56 pm »

Apparently your barrels have since been filled with other stuff.

Do you have a carpenter + wood supply handy? What about a stonecrafter + stone supply?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 07:04:13 pm »

Set the "reserved barrels" option under the stock(p)ile menu to 5 and then it should help you to keep those empty barrels empty until you put booze in them.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 08:38:01 am »

I have a stockpile (sometimes more than one) just for empty barrels and rock pots (love rock pots...love love love) and when the stockpile gets about half full, I put in an order for more.  It is amazing how many storage containers the little buggers need.  (Not that I have room to talk, considering all the totes of crap I have around.)
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"