Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41509 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Day 6 (7/14)
« Reply #345 on: January 04, 2012, 01:08:05 am »

Oh, and Extend, to give people time to react.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 04, 2012, 01:39:55 am »

1) Woo! That's awesome to hear. Jack A T, and godspeed.
2) How mad were they that their two leaders got knifed N1 and N2?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 04, 2012, 01:40:58 am »

Jack A T. I object to your claim on three grounds:

a) I'm not an elf.
b) That would be the most amazingly gimped scumteam in existence. I've read the first Witches' Coven, and I don't think that even LNCP would make it that impossible for a scumteam to win.
c) Why wouldn't you have gone for me before if that was the case?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 04, 2012, 01:45:03 am »

Urist I: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE IN FIRST WITCH'S COVEN. Do you know what we had to work with? NOTHING! We had a revive only usable on TOWN and the ability to occasionally notice who did the kills at night. Too bad we were witches and claiming that would out us, and everyone knew we had to lynch witches to win! I could talk to the dead, but too bad no one wanted to talk to me BESIDES OTHER WITCHES!

Whew. Sorry, had to get that off my chest. In summary, yes, LNCP can be that much of a dick.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 04, 2012, 01:53:45 am »

Jack A T. I object to your claim on three grounds:

a) I'm not an elf.
b) That would be the most amazingly gimped scumteam in existence. I've read the first Witches' Coven, and I don't think that even LNCP would make it that impossible for a scumteam to win.
c) Why wouldn't you have gone for me before if that was the case?
a: Yes you are.  Heck, according to you, I'm apparently a TRAITOROUS SWINE.
b: That's what Jim said in elfchat post 6.  This is, in his words, Gimp Scum Teams 2: Evil Horny Elf Edition.  Honestly, I've been laughing every time elves have complained about the game being balanced against them.
c: Because it's nice for the witches to have someone on the inside.  Every time you asked for my advice, it was screened by my fellow witches.  Every time.  I botched lynches.  I gave advice that would be useful to my fellow witches.  I kept them informed about your plans.  Besides, it was funny to watch you yell at the dead Jim and NUKE about their failure to keep secrets.

2) How mad were they that their two leaders got knifed N1 and N2?
D2, Jim was worried.  His flavour was connected to NUKE, after all.  He was also annoyed by the flavour lynch attempt on him.
D3, Imiknorris felt it would be useful.  After all, it looked like the cult had been wiped out. 
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 04, 2012, 07:35:51 am »

So, let's lynch a witch, kill an elf, and all go home, eh?  Jack A T
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 04, 2012, 11:46:34 am »

Fine.

Jack A T.

In reference to team power, a cult starting with 3 people in a 14p game that can replace its leader is pretty damn strong, actually.  Ignoring the existence of witches and assuming no night kills, you could have control of the lynch by D4 with all mislynches- a prospect that would get easier later on.

I do have one question, Urist McA- what are you doing with your inspect tonight?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Night 6 (6/14)
« Reply #352 on: January 04, 2012, 12:13:31 pm »

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 1 -  NativeForeigner
Think0028  - 0 -
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 0 -
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 5 -  Jack A T, Think0028, Urist Imiknorris, Toaster, Urist_McArathos
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 - Powder Miner
No Lynch  - 0 -
[/t]

Eventually, it was decided that Jack A T would walk onto the gallows. As part of a bargain, he sacrificed himself, offering his life to be taken.

He walked up to the Priest. As the executioner laid the noose around his neck, the priest asked Jack whether he was sure about his decision. Jack nodded.
The priest then signalled the executioner to pull the lever, and the laws of physics did the rest.

Then, something unexpected happened. Whereas a regular corpse would be content with just hanging around, maybe swing for a bit, Jack's did something very different. The mouth opened, and out came a scream like nothing mortal could reproduce.
The priest and Toaster backed away in fright. The executioner fled in terror. Think just stood there, with a grim expression on his face.

A few moments later, it was all over. The priest hesitantly walked towards the corpse and filched through its pockets. Soon enough, he revealed a tiny book. After reading it for a bit, he turned towards the surviving few and spoke "There is no doubt that this man was possessed by a witch. This spellbook is proof thereof."

"We did our part", Urist_McArathos said. "Now it's time for you to uphold your end of the bargain. Good Night."
And with these words, he walked away.

Jack A T has been lynched. He was Gyles Dinham, the Witch Maiden and Elf Princess.

The night will end on Friday 5 PM GMT.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:27:00 pm by Darvi »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Day 7 (5/14)
« Reply #353 on: January 06, 2012, 12:01:30 pm »

Toaster was the first to arrive at the plaza. He wanted to find out if the Crone tricked him, and wanted to make sure that he witnessed everything from start to end.
Then Powder Minder and Native Foreigner arrived. They were his prime suspects of being the last witch, and he eyed them suspiciously.

The next person to appear was Think.
"The deed is done", he claimed. "Urist the elf is no more. Urist the witch will be next."
"Do you really think so?", came a voice from behind him. Urist McArathos had also made his appearance.

"I did tell you that we would leave today. You will not have the opportunity to kill me. When this day is over, the two of us will say farewell to this city and you shall see us no more."
"Shouldn't we wait for the priest first?", Toaster interrupted.
"That shan't be necessary. We can begin this last trial without him."

Urist Imiknorris has been killed. He was Allen Underhill, King of Elves and former Miller. Oh the irony!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:08:04 pm by Darvi »

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 06, 2012, 01:24:26 pm »

Think will be lynched today.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 06, 2012, 01:26:01 pm »

I forgot to mention that the game ends on Tuesday, but I doubt it will take that long.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 06, 2012, 01:55:37 pm »

Urist:  Why?  Also, if what you say is true, then there's no point holding back the name of the last witch now.

I say that because I got a suspicious result on Powder too.  At this point, I'm starting to doubt the usefulness of my inspect.

Spoiler: Powder Miner (click to show/hide)

That gives me two suspicious results, but no clear answer as to which is reliable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 06, 2012, 02:23:28 pm »

That is odd...
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 06, 2012, 02:24:58 pm »

You didn't answer as to why.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 06, 2012, 02:26:56 pm »

Urist_McArathos: Are you trying to lynch me on the grounds of eliminating all killers? If so, I checked it out with LNCP way back at the beginning of the game, and he said I don't count as a killer as I'm aligned with town. Indeed, part of my wincon is the elimination of all killers!

If you're trying to lynch me because of some other reason, I can't quite think of it. Mind elucidating?

Also, Urist_McArathos, just in case something funky is going on.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30