Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41472 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Day 6 (7/14)
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2011, 04:29:43 pm »

Native:  So... you care nothing for Urist I's heavily implied town flavor from my inspect, which came after he was purported by you to have been converted?

Not that I really care about your opinion since you're obviously nontown, but still.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2011, 10:35:56 pm »

McArathos: I'll take you up on that list of inspections. You can leave off the elf for now if you want, but I would like to know the reasoning behind your other inspections.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2011, 11:53:32 pm »

McArathos: I'll take you up on that list of inspections. You can leave off the elf for now if you want, but I would like to know the reasoning behind your other inspections.

Your generosity thus far is appreciated, but understood.

Night 1: Jim, because I had no solid suspicions and I fear Jim by default.  Result: Elf (duh).
Night 2: ECF, because I wasn't sure about this outsider: loves orgies, dresses on the verge of inappropriate?  Sounds like a possible fey party animal.  Result: Not Elf.
Night 3: With Jim and NUKE confirmed elves and dead, I pegged Toaster as the third elf on the basis that he was also an out of towner.  Oddly (at the time), he came back human.
Night 4: Think; another out of towner, seemed like a good guess.  Result: Not Elf.
Night 5: Attempted to inspect Vector, failed due to a heart attack.  Reasoning?  I was out of ideas, and Vector seemed to be acting oddly.
Night 6: Revived, unable to act.

However, in dead chat Jim specifically mentioned that Imiknorris was the new elf King.  My guess?  The elf Queen has a kingmaker power that allowed Jim to appoint Imiknorris King Night 2, and get lynched night 3.  Seemed to imply there was a fourth elf overall, since Jim stated the elves are supposed to commit suicide after the death of the king and queen (and didn't since Imiknorris was the new king).  However, I can't confirm a fourth elf yet; he might have just meant that Imiknorris didn't have to commit suicide since he was now King.

Also, Jim thought Toaster was fake claiming since Jim pulled the story about living in a theater out of his ass, but Darvi ended up making that information canon for the inspect, so Jim inadvertently confirmed Toaster as a Cop as well (not that it was up for dispute, but there you go).

So, I'm gonna vote Urist Imiknorris on the grounds that he's confirmed as an elf by the other members of the elf team.

McArathos: ...You can leave off the elf for now if you want,...

This statement makes a lot more sense in this light, doesn't it?  Also, it sucks we didn't have a medium...NUKE outed Jim as his partner within moments of arriving in Dead chat...just after blaming Dariush for killing him (he thought Dariush was a SK).
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 31, 2011, 12:00:18 am »

Urist_McA:  First, I've forgotten to ask- why/how did you revive?

Second, if Urist I was elfed N2, why did I get such a townie flavor result on him N3?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 31, 2011, 12:11:12 am »

I had a magic talisman that granted me a revive on the night after my death; it's a one shot.  I'm very old, and had a random chance to die any given night from old age.  I brought the talisman as a precaution, but my magic isn't strong enough to make another.  If I die again, it's for realsies.

I'd question whether or not your flavor implied he was town by itself.  First inspection, you a half finished sign and clutter.  Second inspection, you glassblowing equipment and an order for windows, and some notes you didn't read.  Both of those would have been there before he was converted.  Third inspection, you found a letter stating he was friends with Simple, and upset that his window shipment would be late because of it.  So, a townie sees a friend get murdered by the witch hunt, and bitches that his windows will be late?  Seems suspicious to me, honestly.

I don't know when he was converted, FYI (whether it was N1 or N2).
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 31, 2011, 12:18:56 am »

Mostly stemming from the complaints about how the witch hunt upset people's lives.  If he was an elf now, wouldn't he be delighting in the hunt for witches, since they want elves dead?

Basically, I don't believe you, nor this whole elf-convert business.  It all sounds like a convenient attempt to get a last-minute mislynch in.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 31, 2011, 12:42:27 am »

I'm sure he would delight in it...if it had caught any witches.  As it stood that night, the witches hadn't been touched by the hunt, and two elves were dead.  Hardly seems like the thing an elf would crack a bottle of bubbly open for.

Again, don't believe me?   Kill me in the night if he flips town; it's mathematically impossible to win from just this one mislynch, even if Think hurr-durrs again and doesn't send in a night action.  You can't seriously be this afraid of one mislynch, Toaster, especially when you know you've got ME by the balls here.

I've got nothing to gain by deceiving the town at this point; I lie to you guys, I will die for it.  What the hell else do you need to trust me?  My only hope to win is to cooperate with you.  You've got a cop and a vig, you've got nothing to lose by lynching a vanilla townie and a lot to gain if he's an elf (he is).
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 31, 2011, 01:35:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Are you relying on something scum said in deadchat in a setup that could be reasonably expected to have a revive? Hand over the wine bottle, you're going to rehab.

So, a townie sees a friend get murdered by the witch hunt, and bitches that his windows will be late?  Seems suspicious to me, honestly.
My job's sort of crowded everything else out of my life at the moment, and this witch hunt is honestly just the icing on the fucking cake. I don't have time for friends right now.

Again, don't believe me? Kill me in the night if he flips town; it's mathematically impossible to win from just this one mislynch, even if Think hurr-durrs again and doesn't send in a night action. You can't seriously be this afraid of one mislynch, Toaster, especially when you know you've got ME by the balls here.
Scenario: PM is non-witch, I die, Think derps (or the witches have a roleblock up your sleeves), McA/Native/Jack witchteam controls the lynch tomorrow (because PM sure as hell isn't going to vote), you three win.

I've got nothing to gain by deceiving the town at this point; I lie to you guys, I will die for it.  What the hell else do you need to trust me?
The identities of the other witches, so that they can also die when I flip town?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 31, 2011, 04:20:30 am »

Urist McArathos: Did Jim or NUKE say anything else about the elves, or is that it?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 31, 2011, 07:30:59 am »

I'm glad you think there's a fair chance of a revive.  Both Jim and NUKE thought there wasn't, and when Darvi stepped in to say "I never explicitly said that", their response was to OSHI- and scramble to see if they said too much.

You're really scrambling now.  Everything you and Toaster can come up with relies on the witches having MOAR POWAH waiting in the wings.  "What if you have a block, and a kill you haven't used, and and and".  We don't, this is it.  I've got news for you, there's only 6 voting players as it is RIGHT NOW.  If I had a block, I could order all three witches to block the lynch by voting with me, then block Think and use that mystical kill Toaster fears to kill Think, then win tomorrow.

I don't have a kill or a block, hence my begging Town to listen to reason.  If I had a kill or a block, I wouldn't need Town's help.

JACK: Just that Imiknorris has some serious balls (Jim said that).  After Darvi told them he never specifically stated there were no revives or mediums, they shut up (until I arrived, when they asked me to reveal the witch team, which I refused to do).  Jim also said he kinda stopped paying attention to what's going on when he got killed.
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 31, 2011, 02:21:35 pm »

Native:  So... you care nothing for Urist I's heavily implied town flavor from my inspect, which came after he was purported by you to have been converted?

I give exactly zero fucks. Negative, if it were possible. My theory is that once he was converted, your inspects on him reset, causing you to get a relatively townie level one inspection instead of the would-be condemning level three inspection.

PPE: Or maybe not, depending on when he was converted, it's also possible that you need to do all three inspections in one night.

In any case, I believe McArathos, though I'm extremely biased on the matter, obviously.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 31, 2011, 02:48:22 pm »

Think:  What's your take on this?

Urist_McA:  I'd be more willing to see Urist I go if I had two witches dead.  Give me the name of another witch- we hang you, stab that one, then we can see about Urist I when the townie ratio is better.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 02, 2012, 03:35:44 am »

Toaster: I'm inclined to sympathize with Urist McA here, considering the witches last game were equally powerless and equally indifferent as to killing the town. That said, this is a new game, and as we don't know what's changed, I'd like to get rid of Urist beforehand. I also believe that if he really wants the support of town, he'll fully disclose everything he knows about the game, including the names of the other witches. Although I think he's indirectly revealed it by saying that all three witches are part of the voting bloc of 6 that currently exist, leaving Native, Jack, and Urist McA as the witches.

Personally, I feel quite confident in lynching Urist McA and killing Urist McI tonight. I believe there is little that can go wrong with this that can be corrected by a change in the plan.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 02, 2012, 05:27:04 am »

Urist McArathos: Add me to the list of people who who want you to explicitly tell us who the witches are.  Also, was anything else of note mentioned in deadchat?

Before I make any really solid plans, I want to get as much information as possible out of McArathos.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2012, 08:56:37 am »

Prodded Toaster, Native, and the Urists.

Jegus fuck guys.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30