Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41475 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Day 6 (7/14)
« Reply #285 on: December 29, 2011, 01:05:08 pm »

As it turns out, Think is an out-of-work Irish sailor whose hobbies include looking for work, going to church, praying for the safety of the city, being nice to his landlady, and stabbing elves.

So, Urist McA, do you think you can convince any of us that you're not a witch?

Hint- the names of the other witches would be a good place to start.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2011, 03:19:49 am »

I'm up for lynching Urist McA until he responds. I'll actually kill Native tonight, I promise.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2011, 03:25:06 am »

Urist McA by default.  Let's see what he says in his defense.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2011, 09:09:05 am »

Alright, I'm the witch crone.  You all know that, and I'm not going to try some ridiculous gambit like "I am town now that I am revived ignore me plx kthxbai".

The witches are not here to harm the town, we're here to eliminate the elves.  We win when they're all dead (technically all elves and magical entities, but our only killer is either a Vig or mundane SK, so I doubt we care about him).  I believe there's just one left, but we do not have a kill (again).  That's not how witches roll.  We strive to protect mortals from the world of magic, and to maintain its balance.  The elves came here on a hunt, and we came to stop them from wiping out this town and making the fey realm too strong.  I have a nightly inspect; I can cast a spell that tells me if a person is an elf, or human.  It tells me nothing else, so I can't, for example, divine if a human is a serial killer, cop, doctor, etc.  Just elf or not elf.

I am happy to provide my list of inspections if you all like.

So, I'll make you all a deal: to prove we're not out to harm the town, I will name the last elf (thankfully confirmed in dead chat by Jim and NUKE, since they figured there were no revivers nor mediums and so they could blab all they liked).  We lynch the elf today, to prove I'm telling the truth.

If I'm lying and this person flips town, Think kills me tonight, preventing LYLO (since it would start day 7 at 5 players, two witches).  If this person flips elf, Think is free to kill whoever he pleases (Native, I'm assuming), and you can lynch me Day 7 if you're still not convinced we're out to help town. 

So, basically I'm offering you guys a free anti-town lynch in exchange for trusting me for one night.  I personally believe we'll win and leave town once the elves are dead, so it won't matter anymore if you've killed one or two witches.  If I'm still here Day 7, it means there is another elf, who I'll try to find tonight with my magical inspect.  Any takers, or modifications to my offer?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:45 am »

Why not name the elf anyway?  Getting rid of the elf advances your stated wincon.

Also...

Urist Imiknorris  Town
Think0028  Town
Toaster  Town

Urist_McArathos  Witch

Powder Miner  ?
NativeForeigner  ?
Jack A T  ?

Since there are two other witches and one elf, that fills out the remaining question marks- order somewhat irrelevant, though by mentioning stabbing Native, I'm assuming he's a witch too. I'd rather hang you, knowing that the game won't end if there's a witch and elf still among us.  If you've got a one shot kill up your sleeve, you could blast Think in the night, going to a 2-2 game, which spells town loss to me.

Basically, I don't trust you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 30, 2011, 09:59:22 am »

Okay, counter proposal.

You tell us the elf, then we lynch you.  Tonight Think stabs a witch.  D7 we lynch the elf.  3 town and 1 witch going into the night.  Think will hold fire.  If D8 starts and you haven't left (IE the wincons are exclusive) then we the last witch.  If you are right about the witches leaving, then the last witch will depart N7 and you'll win anyway.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2011, 10:06:17 am »

Because the name of the elf is my only bargaining chip.  I'm not going to hand it over unless I believe you'll listen to me, and your plan at this point is to just lynch me either way, with me hoping you won't just throw away what I've said and continue to hunt the witch team, costing me my last chance at ensuring a win for my team.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:09 am »

EBWODP: I mentioned Native because Think's said, in about 8 posts now, he's going to kill him.

I personally find it HIGHLY suspicious that he didn't kill him last night, but a serial killer is your problem, not mine, and I know he's not an elf, so that's that.

I don't have a one-shot kill, if I did I'd have used it on the elf team.  The witches didn't have a kill last game, we don't have one this time either.  We rely on subtlety, not overt action.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:19 am »

Don't focus too much on winning, Urist. You already won, remember?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2011, 10:24:22 am »

The other choice is we lynch you tonight anyway, stab Native tonight, then lynch/stab Powder and Jack.  Makes no difference to me.

EBWODP: I mentioned Native because Think's said, in about 8 posts now, he's going to kill him.

I personally find it HIGHLY suspicious that he didn't kill him last night, but a serial killer is your problem, not mine, and I know he's not an elf, so that's that.

Nevertheless.

I inspected him so I'd know just how trustworthy he was, and the flavor was highly townie.  For completeness:

Darvi:  I don't see a green victory name in the OP.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2011, 12:47:41 pm »

Just posting to let you all know that I'm pretty busy at the moment and probably won't be able to post until Sunday or so.

McArathos: How about you tell us who the elf is, we no-lynch and Think kills the elf tonight?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2011, 01:25:19 pm »

Darvi:  I don't see a green victory name in the OP.
That's because nobody has attained the super special extra victory yet!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2011, 01:38:13 pm »

Just posting to let you all know that I'm pretty busy at the moment and probably won't be able to post until Sunday or so.

McArathos: How about you tell us who the elf is, we no-lynch and Think kills the elf tonight?

That works for me, but I figured the lynch the elf option left NKing me as insurance if I'm lying.  Whichever solution is most appealing to Town.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2011, 01:40:35 pm »

*posting because the new reply button won't go away*

Oh, and nobody asked me any questions since... N1 I think? If anything's not clear you can still ask me questions. Because I am pretty sure that I left some things (un)intentionally ambiguous.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2011, 02:56:21 pm »

Way to fail, Think.

Imiknorris. I shouldn't even have to explain anymore.

That or we could no-lynch again and give this another shot.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30