Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41443 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Day 5 (6/14)
« Reply #270 on: December 26, 2011, 05:21:17 am »

Just after 2 AM over here, and I'm just getting this post out before I sleep.

No lynch.  I agree with Toaster about needing to have some idea of whether Think is actually doing what we need him to do, and my top suspect is Native.  Part of it is the witch possession-like flavour obtained by Toaster, whose powers were pretty much confirmed by Vector's flip, part of it is the weak participation early on, and part of it is the whole "I suspected all these scum, and you didn't!  This is serious evidence!" thing against Imiknorris.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Day6: 7/14)
« Reply #271 on: December 26, 2011, 07:17:37 am »

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 -
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 1 -  Urist Imiknorris
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 1 - Powder Minder
No Lynch  - 4 - Toaster, NativeForeigner, Think0028, Jack A T
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 
Day will end Tomorrow at 5PM GMT.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:29:57 pm by Darvi »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 26, 2011, 08:43:05 am »

Agreed. No Lynch. We could use the insurance for Think.

My top suspect is Native, both for Toaster's inspections and his lack of participation until the easy lynches were all dead.

I flip town, that brings it down to Toaster being the last Townie (if Think is an SK, which I'm starting to think he is since he jumped on this plan so quickly), town loses. Or, if Think is a Vig, the three anti-town (the two witches and you) lynch Think, town loses.
Yes, we three scum lynch Think and then I get endgamed by the two witches. Your theory needs work.

I'm also starting to get curious as to why you seem to think Jack is town just because he hopped onto the McArathos wagon. Have you never heard of bussing?
A last-minute "half-pressure half-lynch" vote that broke a tie and put McArathos' head in the noose. It would have been a rather pointless bus and he would have come under fire for having such a shitty argument if his vote had stayed. And I never said I thought he's town, just that he probably isn't a witch.

Toaster: Who are you planning on triple-inspecting tonight?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 26, 2011, 01:28:54 pm »

Native:
You have three units of investigation already.  What more do you want?
I thought you only investigated me twice last night.

That's true, but I hit you once N3 as well.  I don't know if I can get better information beyond three, though.

Urist I:  I'd rather not say, just in case there's some sort of trick the scum team has to screw with the investigation.  If it's an issue, I'll give the name.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 26, 2011, 02:40:37 pm »

And I will gladly kill Native tonight.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 26, 2011, 04:09:33 pm »

I flip town, that brings it down to Toaster being the last Townie (if Think is an SK, which I'm starting to think he is since he jumped on this plan so quickly), town loses. Or, if Think is a Vig, the three anti-town (the two witches and you) lynch Think, town loses.
Yes, we three scum lynch Think and then I get endgamed by the two witches. Your theory needs work.

It doesn't, because that's what would happen.

I'm also starting to get curious as to why you seem to think Jack is town just because he hopped onto the McArathos wagon. Have you never heard of bussing?
A last-minute "half-pressure half-lynch" vote that broke a tie and put McArathos' head in the noose. It would have been a rather pointless bus and he would have come under fire for having such a shitty argument if his vote had stayed. And I never said I thought he's town, just that he probably isn't a witch.
It wasn't pointless at all. It was a safe bus. "I'll just lynch my teammate when a bus wouldn't be expected and I'll be safe. We'll win that way." Seriously, your refusal to acknowledge that is extremely suspect.

So are you saying he's another elf? Then who exactly would the last witch be?

Toaster: So are you absolutely certain that the inspects stack over the nights? It just doesn't seem like it would work that way to me.

Jack: Weak participation early on (when all of my games had weak participation at that time) and because I pointed out that I was suspecting scum and he was suspecting townies? Really? That's the best you can come up with?

Think: You didn't clarify your last question.

Everyone: What's the plan with Powder?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 26, 2011, 08:56:24 pm »

It's okay Native. You can stop pretending to be town now. You're doing horribly at it.

Yes it does. Why the hell would elf!me do that? That's not a rhetorical question - I want to hear an explanation of why I, if I was an elf, would espouse a plan that causes me to lose. There's also the other major problem with your scenario: you would have to flip town.

It wasn't pointless at all. It was a safe bus. "I'll just lynch my teammate when a bus wouldn't be expected and I'll be safe. We'll win that way." Seriously, your refusal to acknowledge that is extremely suspect.
Safe? You're relying (again) on the idea that lynching scum puts someone above suspicion. Jack's vote was for rather weak reasons and had it resulted in a lynch, he would have come under fire for it, as I already stated if you had bothered to read.

I'm saying you and PM are probably the witches (definitely you, probably PM), and if there is an elf it's Jack. Or a witch got converted, if the elves are indeed a cult.

I'm assuming a triple-inspection and bug somebody to replace him (what with being a claimed miller and all).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 26, 2011, 09:32:16 pm »

It's okay Native. You can stop pretending to be town now. You're doing horribly at it.

Cute.

Yes it does. Why the hell would elf!me do that? That's not a rhetorical question - I want to hear an explanation of why I, if I was an elf, would espouse a plan that causes me to lose. There's also the other major problem with your scenario: you would have to flip town.
I don't know what an elf does. You could have some trick up your sleeve, it could be your best bet, or there could be yet another elf amongst us (probably Jack if there is). That's not a major problem because that's what will happen.

Safe? You're relying (again) on the idea that lynching scum puts someone above suspicion. Jack's vote was for rather weak reasons and had it resulted in a lynch, he would have come under fire for it, as I already stated if you had bothered to read.
It apparently does for you when it comes to Jack. He saw the problem with his buddy's argument, saw the trouble he was coming under because of it, and used it to make himself look slightly better than if he had sided with him. I find it interesting the way you're reacting to my accusations of you being with Jack in some way.

I'm saying you and PM are probably the witches (definitely you, probably PM), and if there is an elf it's Jack. Or a witch got converted, if the elves are indeed a cult.
Well it's not me, so PM is definitely a witch, I'm still almost certain you're an elf, so maybe Jack was a witch that got converted. That's the only way I can make sense of this.

I'm assuming a triple-inspection and bug somebody to replace him (what with being a claimed miller and all).
Didn't you want him modkilled earlier? Looking to thin the numbers to help your cause? I can't think of why else you would want a modkill with this few players.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 27, 2011, 01:32:06 am »

Jack: Weak participation early on (when all of my games had weak participation at that time) and because I pointed out that I was suspecting scum and he was suspecting townies? Really? That's the best you can come up with?
And the flavour.  Don't forget the flavour.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 27, 2011, 01:44:44 am »

And the flavour.  Don't forget the flavour.
Honestly, the flavor doesn't seem entirely damning to me (though I'm more than a little biased).

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 27, 2011, 10:52:37 am »

Game will end in an hour.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 27, 2011, 11:04:16 am »

GAME OVER?!?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 27, 2011, 01:18:40 pm »

I meant the day. Herp.

Once again, the villagers came to the conclusion that thinning out their numbers would be a potentially bad idea, especially when taken into account that at least a third of them were not regular people.
Everybody returned to their home, and began plotting for the next day, and hoping to end these trials once and for all. Because for what they knew, this might have been their last day on this world.

Nobody has been blahblah night ends on Thursday 5PM GMt unless I miss the deadline again.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Day 6 (7/14)
« Reply #283 on: December 29, 2011, 12:29:38 pm »

Another day, another morning, another trial. The villagers once again reassembled at the plaza, expecting their numbers to have dwindled another time.
Surprisingly, they didn't. Instead, the once-dead Urist McArathos was standing amongst them once again.
The priest himself was as perplexed as the rest, and couldn't exactly determine why a dead person would be walking again.
"It could be a miracle. Remember, even he was once a normal person before being possessed by a witch. Maybe the Lord has decided to give him another chance at life."

Urist_McArathos. Is. ALIIIIIIVVVVVE.[/drama]

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 -
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 0 -
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 7 -
No Lynch  - 0 -
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Day will end on Tuesday at 5PM GMT.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:34:34 pm by Darvi »

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Day 6 (7/14)
« Reply #284 on: December 29, 2011, 12:33:25 pm »

Goddamnit! Goddamnit goddamnit! I was going to send in my action last night but I couldn't get to my computer, and I forgot by the time I went to bed! I am an idiot!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30