Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41482 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs Replaces) Day 5 (6/14)
« Reply #255 on: December 24, 2011, 12:42:29 pm »

If we do lynch a witch today, I am very willing to kill Powder Miner, but I'd also be willing to let Toaster take the lead on investigation before I start wantonly murdering people.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 24, 2011, 12:51:06 pm »

On paper, it sounds like a good idea, but let me read over first.

PFP
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 24, 2011, 08:09:56 pm »

Since it's Christmas, everybody gets to win!

But to get the super-special-extra victory, you still have to fulfil your wincons.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 25, 2011, 05:17:39 pm »

Merry Christmas everyone. I've been thinking about this, and I might have a plan to secure town victory:

There are three possible scum: Native, Jack, and Powder Miner. Two of them are scum, all three if Native's right about a third elf. I don't think Jack's the third witch because of his last-minute vote on McArathos yesterday so I'm willing to bet it's PM. My idea is to lynch Native the nigh-confirmed witch today and have Think kill Powder Miner tonight. Tomorrow, we lynch Think (because it'd be MyLo if he's an SK) and then D7 Jack and I inevitably crossvote and Toaster calls the game based on his inspection results. If Jack and Think are both town, it ends tonight with PM's death. If Think's an SK and Jack's town, it ends tomorrow with Think's lynch. If Jack's scum, it ends D7 when Toaster and I lynch him.

Thoughts? Concerns? Possibilities I'm forgetting?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 25, 2011, 06:22:58 pm »

The biggest thing I'm worried about is if the elves have been able to continue converting even after I killed NUKE, assuming they're a cult as I'm beginning to finally suspect. (The thing that's pushing me over is Toaster's inspection of Jim and my kill of Jim where he behaved substantially different in death than NUKE did). If so, then they would have two members right now, along with the two surviving witches. If this is true, then... well, honestly, Town's fucked! There would be no way to escape that, as getting rid of both elves would have witches outnumbering town, and killing one and then killing a witch would have the elves outnumbering town with a conversion. So it's not even a situation to consider, as we'd be well and truly dead if that was true.

Thus, I'm down with this plan. What's the worst that could happen? NativeForeigner.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 25, 2011, 08:41:45 pm »

KotM paranoia kicking in, analyzing what if Urist I and Jack are the witches, makes me think I shouldn't kill Powder tonight if Native isn't a witch. While Toaster's investigations suggest strongly to the contrary for Urist and general behavior suggests otherwise for Jack in my opinion, I like to be certain about my plans for certain town victory. Thoughts?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 25, 2011, 08:53:49 pm »

If Native somehow flips non-witch, we no-lynch and you no-kill until Toaster's thoroughly inspected everyone?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 25, 2011, 10:58:31 pm »

Merry Christmas everyone. I've been thinking about this, and I might have a plan to secure town victory:

There are three possible scum: Native, Jack, and Powder Miner. Two of them are scum, all three if Native's right about a third elf. I don't think Jack's the third witch because of his last-minute vote on McArathos yesterday so I'm willing to bet it's PM. My idea is to lynch Native the nigh-confirmed witch today and have Think kill Powder Miner tonight. Tomorrow, we lynch Think (because it'd be MyLo if he's an SK) and then D7 Jack and I inevitably crossvote and Toaster calls the game based on his inspection results. If Jack and Think are both town, it ends tonight with PM's death. If Think's an SK and Jack's town, it ends tomorrow with Think's lynch. If Jack's scum, it ends D7 when Toaster and I lynch him.

Thoughts? Concerns? Possibilities I'm forgetting?

I flip town, that brings it down to Toaster being the last Townie (if Think is an SK, which I'm starting to think he is since he jumped on this plan so quickly), town loses. Or, if Think is a Vig, the three anti-town (the two witches and you) lynch Think, town loses. I'm also starting to get curious as to why you seem to think Jack is town just because he hopped onto the McArathos wagon. Have you never heard of bussing? It's quite possible you and Jack are both witches, now that I think about it. Jack has been soft on you the entire time and you seem convinced he's town because he voted a witch (it's called bussing, look it up). You're certainly missing a lot of possibilities here. The best course of action would to, again, no-lynch, have Toaster inspect you three times, have Think !none tonight. In the interest of self-preservation, Think will almost certainly comply (lest he wishes to get insta-lynched).

Once we lynch you for being anti-town, we can take this day-by-day, taking out targets with 100% certainty due to Toasters inspect. Alternatively, we lynch Think just in case and take it day-by-day. If he's a vig, he'll still win when town does. If he's SK, he'll be out of the picture.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 25, 2011, 11:00:22 pm »

If Native somehow flips non-witch, we no-lynch and you no-kill until Toaster's thoroughly inspected everyone?

This is awfully dependent on Think being a vig rather than an SK. You really only seem concerned with getting me out of the picture, probably only because I'm onto you. Why wait until we're one step closer to losing to thoroughly inspect everyone?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 26, 2011, 12:04:20 am »

Okay.

Spoiler: The Survivors (click to show/hide)

While I am wary of millers, I am fairly confident of Native's scummitude-  I still suspect him from earlier*.

Due to the NK pattern, it seems the witches have no standard kill, much as they didn't last game.  I wouldn't rule out some sort of one-shot kill, though.  I don't believe in the elf-recruit theory.

Here's my action proposal.  Let's no-lynch today, and tonight Think kills Native.  Doing it that way (instead of a lynch-nokill) ensures Think is doing what we want him to do, instead of giving him free reign on the chance that he's an SK.  I'll start triple-investigating the remaining people tonight, and we'll go from there.  If Native survives the night, we'll have some hard questions for Jack.  If I turn up knifed, lynch Think and probably Native.

Everyone should restate their top suspect and why, though.  I'll start.

*Native, because of low activity, using his voting an elf as a defense, and above-mentioned flavor.  I also distrust his insistence that elves are a convert-based group and his reasoning I don't see on Urist I being a convert.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 26, 2011, 12:40:36 am »

That still seems a little risky to me, I'd much rather (duh) just subject myself to a full round of investigating during the night which should prove I'm not actually scum and ask Think to !none. If he doesn't, he gets lynched and we continue.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 26, 2011, 12:55:14 am »

You have three units of investigation already.  What more do you want?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 26, 2011, 01:33:09 am »

You have three units of investigation already.  What more do you want?

I thought you only investigated me twice last night. The way I understood it, you receive the best investigations when you inspect someone three times in one night, not spread out over subsequent nights. This would make sense flavor-wise because you are spending more time watching the person in the night. I feel it might be worth asking the mod if you don't know for sure.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 26, 2011, 02:30:17 am »

No, I'm pretty sure from last game that it was a stacking effect that caps at 3 investigations.

That said, I'll follow Toaster's lead and no-lynch. I'll kill Native tonight, barring any surprises.

My top suspect at the moment is Native as well, for his current behavior (focusing particularly on possible third-parties, which, while an accurate analysis, shows a scum mindset -- see my behavior in Third Party Mafia) and for Toaster's results on him combined with the impression I got last game that millers knew they were millers ahead of time.

Native: Do you think Urist I is the third elf by conversion or by initial setup? If by conversion, then was Jim not converted (flying against the flavor both I and Toaster have received), or did Jim do the conversion, suggesting an extremely powerful cult that is almost unstoppable? If by initial setup, how does your argument of Urist I suddenly taking action hold up?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 26, 2011, 04:04:17 am »

Think: By conversion. I'm not really sure what you're trying to ask with the second half of your question. I'm pretty sure Jim started the game as an elf. Could you be more clear?

Also, I don't see how focusing on a third party is a scum mindset in this game, especially when I'm so sure of it. In other games, it's completely understandable how it would be a scum mindset, but in WC, the scumteam lacks a kill, making hunting any anti-town faction acceptable in my eyes. Also, from my understanding of millers, most millers don't know they're millers.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30