Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41418 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs replace) (Day4: 9/14)
« Reply #180 on: December 14, 2011, 01:23:11 am »

Think, maybe Jack. But I haven't actually gotten around to fully evaluating that. I prefer to a one-by-one approach.

The fact that there was a king and a queen. A king and queen need subjects, don't they? Other than Urist, it's possible that Think is also a convert, but I'm not entirely sure that there's more than Urist.

These were the bits I interpreted as accusations.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs replace) (Day4.5: 8/14)
« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2011, 01:32:53 am »

I can understand that, but you'll also notice that I also said that I didn't think there were more converts than Imiknorris. If anything upon my reread, I feel I would suspect you more of being a witch than an elf (I'm almost sure Imiknorris is the last one). I already explained why I will be giving you a look-over next.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2011, 02:34:11 am »

Extend.  With Ottofar's flip, we've got a lot more work to do today.

And by we, I especially mean myself.  I need to think this over for a bit.

Urist McArathos:
Later you state that you're looking for scummy actions instead of flavor in a flavor heavy game.
Isn't it a bit of an exaggeration to turn Imiknorris's statement of holding actions above flavour in reads into a statement of searching for scummy actions instead of scummy flavour?

Think, maybe Jack. But I haven't actually gotten around to fully evaluating that. I prefer to a one-by-one approach.
Native: Any reasons why I'm on this minor suspect list?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2011, 06:02:51 am »

Votecount:

Urist Imiknorris  - 1 -  NativeForeigner
Think0028  - 0 -
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 2 - Toaster, Urit Imiknorris
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 5 - Vector, Powder Miner, Urist_McArathos, Jack A T, Think0228
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 2 -  Jack AT, NativeForeigner - One more vote for extension!
Shorten  - 0 - 
The day will end in ~6 hours.

I also prodded Toaster whose last post was overdue since an hour ago.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:13:31 pm by Darvi »

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2011, 06:28:31 am »

Extend.  I want to hear more from other Urist.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2011, 06:38:16 am »

Day extended!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2011, 07:24:55 am »

Not going to be able to post until this evening. Finals.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2011, 09:17:57 am »

I managed to not even open this thread when I was on last night.  Reading over it now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs replace) (Day4: 9/14)
« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2011, 11:26:10 am »

Extend.  It occurs to me that this is potentially MYLO, assuming a three witch team and a potential kill tonight.  A no-lynch may be the best course of action.  The only save assumption about the night kills that have happened is they were not elf-aligned.  Whether they were from witches, vig, SK, or any other party is a complete unknown now.

Unvote Native.  I still find you suspect, but I've got bigger fish to fry.

I'd really love more reasoning if you have any on why you think elves can convert, though- and on that there are even any left.

Urist_McA:
Later you state that you're looking for scummy actions instead of flavor in a flavor heavy game.  So far, this is the battle cry of the scum player, since they know they can't explain away scummy flavor.  Slips can be argued, mislynches justified, and mistakes waved away, but if your flavor stinks in this kind of game you can't hide it.  No, best to try and discredit the notion we should hunt based on flavor, even though that's PRECISELY how town barely won in the last Witches' Coven, after several days of ignoring flavor in favor of traditional hunting.  I'm pretty much calling opposition to flavor hunting an anti-town move at this point.

This sent up an immediate red flag for me.  While I agree that there's plenty to be found in the flavor here (I was in the middle of it last game, remember), saying that traditional scumhunting isn't useful is a big no-no.  Since you're so willing to champion flavor, why not tell us who is scummiest based on flavor?

Reading over your past posts, your only vote at day end was D2, and that was based entirely on flavor.  You've been avoiding regular scum hunting all game.  Do you truly think it so worthless as to be a waste of time?  Again, if so, what's your flavor-based conclusion?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2011, 11:30:47 am »

Extend.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2011, 12:14:50 pm »

WHAT THE FUCK AM I EVEN DOING MY HEAD ISN¨T CLEAR AT ALL.

FUC KTHIS.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:21:08 pm by Darvi »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Darvi's brain needs a replace (Day4: 8/14)
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2011, 01:32:12 pm »

Don't mod while drunk.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2011, 01:35:01 pm »

I don't drink though :V

's vacation and that fucks up what little temporal sense I have.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »

Native: Any reasons why I'm on this minor suspect list?

I'm finding you a little difficult to read, meaning I need to take a closer look at you.

Toaster: Honestly, nothing more than speculation. I find it hard to imagine that there would be two identical scum parties (identical in the sense that they both have a lack of kill or conversion), I feel a king and a queen need subjects (at least the way I see it) and we don't have multiple kills each night, so that leaves a cult-like group. Imiknorris is my prime suspect because of how drastically his play changed.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 14, 2011, 10:11:55 pm »

McArathos:
This reminds me of something...
Hello, joking admission of Cult Leaderhood. You know what I like to do with joking admissions of scumhood?

Take them seriously.

Oh right.  This is a refuge in audacity.  Telling me you're doing it doesn't make it any less scummy.
I was unaware that snarkasm is a scumtell.

I also noticed that you pretty much coasted through Day 1 and Day 2 without a lot of content, now you're suddenly WoT-happy as soon as the pressure starts up.  Getting nervous, Imiknorris?
I take it you mean D2 and D3? Fun fact: the only thing that stopped me from asking for a replace late D3 was the fact that there were already two people in need of replacing and no sign they'd get replaced anytime soon. With that option nonviable, I had to start looking harder for a reason to get serious about the game again.

Oh, right.  You start off the day with a blatant OMGUS.
Hell yeah.

Later you state that you're looking for scummy actions instead of flavor in a flavor heavy game.  So far, this is the battle cry of the scum player, since they know they can't explain away scummy flavor.  Slips can be argued, mislynches justified, and mistakes waved away, but if your flavor stinks in this kind of game you can't hide it.  No, best to try and discredit the notion we should hunt based on flavor, even though that's PRECISELY how town barely won in the last Witches' Coven, after several days of ignoring flavor in favor of traditional hunting.  I'm pretty much calling opposition to flavor hunting an anti-town move at this point.
When did I say that I look for actions instead of flavor? When did I say I was opposed to flavor hunting? When did I try to discredit the idea? I prefer interrogating people about how they play because I feel it's easier for scum to lie convincingly about flavor than about mistakes they make, being the only ones to know their actual flavor. This does not mean that I think we shouldn't flavorhunt, and it does not mean that I think it's worthless. I'm curious how you came to those conclusions.

You've gone on to state how scummy Native is, despite the fact your case is comprised almost entirely of things you've pulled out of the tunnel fest you two have had since your OMGUS.  Did you EVER have an original case against Native, or are you just trying to flail until something sticks?
He had done jack shit the entire game. You're right about the tunneling though, so I'm going to tone that down.

Native:
So you say. I don't believe that, you would have pointed it out immediately if you had read it as a contradiction the first time.
You don't seem to understand what I'm claiming the contradiction was. I am saying that [you honestly thinking that you were one of the earlier people to vote Dariush] flew in the face of [you saying that people already being on board the Dariush train meant you didn't really have to scumhunt]. It wasn't a contradiction until the former statement of yours contradicted the latter, which is when I pointed it out.

As for lying about the context, that's not really something you can lie about. The context was not as clear as I thought it was and you're trying to take advantage of that now.
It is in fact something you can lie about. You can start backtracking and saying "Yeah, I said that, but I actually meant <this>!" although looking back, in this case it isn't that far-fetched.

because even if you are an elf, you might be able to actually find a witch before you get lynched.
I'm still pretty sure I found one, you know.

What is it with you and traps? Or maybe I'm just reading too much into your questions.
It's the latter - I wanted your opinion on your meta, because like hell I'm going back to thoroughly examine it before I've unwound from finals.

The difference between today that made me need to try is that you're actually making an effort to defend yourself, making me have to defend myself, people aren't already at your throat, and you don't have flavor that makes you obvelf (because you're probably a convert). Jim had incriminating flavor, Dariush has always been rather poor at defending himself (he rages too much) and people were already after him.
So you're actually doing something today because I'm not being an easy lynch? Mission accomplished. You're finally contributing. Apparently I just wasn't being extreme enough about getting you to do it before. Also I'm finally contributing too.

Toaster:
saying that traditional scumhunting isn't useful is a big no-no.
Same stuff I asked McArathos: Where did he say that? How did you reach that conclusion from his post? As far as I can tell, he's just bashing me for (in his opinion) bashing flavor.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30