Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41514 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs replace) (Day 3: 10/14)
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2011, 11:28:25 pm »

Jack, correction, absolutely nothing.

Why not?

Dariush:
Dariush: you let D2 ride through with what looks like nothing more than a pressure vote. You have any comments you'd like to make?
A pressure vote that ended up lynching... something anti-town?

In any case, I wasn't posting very often because I've been pestering Darvi to update the bells status, since I have a nagging suspicion they are vital to finding whatever anti-town remains. He has been ignoring me. >_>

a) No it didn't. Crown was lynched yesterday.
b) The fact that Jim was anti-town doesn't retroactively validate your vote. "I told you so" counts for nothing.
c) Pestering the mod can be done alongside scumhunting. You don't need to drop one to do the other.

So why did you, to quote Think, "let D2 ride through with what looks like nothing more than a pressure vote"?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2011, 02:18:31 am »

Ottofar:
Jack, correction, absolutely nothing.

Also, the votedrop is quite meaningless as a scumtell, because it's that noticable, as WIFOMy as it sounds.

Also also, going after lurkers is often a scumtell.

Also also also PFP.

So...self-depreciation, an actual defense against only one of the points, and what seems to be an OMGUS.  I'm not impressed.

Would you mind explaining why you dropped your vote that time?

Dariush:

Dariush: you let D2 ride through with what looks like nothing more than a pressure vote. You have any comments you'd like to make?
A pressure vote that ended up lynching... something anti-town?

In any case, I wasn't posting very often because I've been pestering Darvi to update the bells status, since I have a nagging suspicion they are vital to finding whatever anti-town remains. He has been ignoring me. >_>
So, you're attentive enough to pay attention to the bells, but not to the times people die?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2011, 04:21:37 am »

Votecount:

Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 -
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 1 -  Jack A T
NativeForeigner  - 0 -
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 2 -  Think0028, Urist Imiknorris
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 7 - <cut for length>
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2011, 08:16:59 am »

So why did you, to quote Think, "let D2 ride through with what looks like nothing more than a pressure vote"?
Hello, Mr. Parrot. Don't have your own opinions, do you?

Yes, I made a mistake in my last post - what I meant was that I was voting for someone who turned out to be anti-town. Does anybody here have a problem with me voting for scum or third party or whatever elves are?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2011, 08:50:49 am »

Yes, I made a mistake in my last post - what I meant was that I was voting for someone who turned out to be anti-town. Does anybody here have a problem with me voting for scum or third party or whatever elves are?

b) The fact that Jim was anti-town doesn't retroactively validate your vote. "I told you so" counts for nothing.

You voted Jim then proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the day. When asked about it, you didn't actually answer the question. So, once again, why didn't you do anything useful yesterday?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2011, 09:25:13 am »

You voted Jim then proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the day. When asked about it, you didn't actually answer the question. So, once again, why didn't you do anything useful yesterday?
Jim was the leader of a troupe that contained an elf. As someone already said, if it's the faerie kind of elf, it's pretty damn impossible not to know that you have one and especially that one of your musicians has been switched. Ergo, Jim has known that Nuke was an elf and ought to be lynched.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2011, 09:51:53 am »

Dariush:

I have a problem with you using it as a defense, especially given we know there is another scum team out there.

Let's look back at your other posts, since you want some attention.

Hmmm... moderately quiet and not very accusatory.  Also, this:

Dariush:  What did you learn from last game that will be useful here?
1) Flavorhunting is better at LYLO than scumhunting; at other times the reverse is true; 2) Don't overthink things.

Jim, the leader of your troop was an elf. Do you have anything interesting to say on the matter? Perhaps a mention of strange behavior in the flavor?

You're going back on your stated opinion here.  Why?

PPE:
Jim was the leader of a troupe that contained an elf. As someone already said, if it's the faerie kind of elf, it's pretty damn impossible not to know that you have one and especially that one of your musicians has been switched. Ergo, Jim has known that Nuke was an elf and ought to be lynched.

Why didn't you hunt anyone else to go with it?

Native:  Interested in your current opinions of the game.

Ottofar:  Why did you unvote Urist I here?

Also, your contribution yesterday was a bandwagon on Jim for flavor.  Do you have any suspects today?  Giving reasons why you suspect them is not optional.

Urist I:  What's your opinion of Ottofar's reasonless unvote of you?  Are you satisfied with Native's level of content?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2011, 10:09:31 am »

I have a problem with you using it as a defense, especially given we know there is another scum team out there.
Or it may be SK, vig+non-killing third party, simply somebody with a one-shot kill he decided to use last night... Why are you so fast at jumping to conclusion that it is another scum team?
You're going back on your stated opinion here.  Why?
In my first statement back at RVS I meant that attempting to piece together the scum identity purely from their flavor is indeed best reserved to the endgame. However, connecting an elf in the troupe and the leader of that troupe is pretty obvious and logical.
Why didn't you hunt anyone else to go with it?
I don't like to diverge attention from my chosen target unless someone else does something really stupid and scummy (which didn't happen).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2011, 10:16:46 am »

Dariush:
Or it may be SK, vig+non-killing third party, simply somebody with a one-shot kill he decided to use last night... Why are you so fast at jumping to conclusion that it is another scum team?

I'm not concluding anything about who killed them.  I'm saying you could be on the other scum team, meaning that you defending your weak vote by saying it lynched an elf (when we know there are witches) is pretty weak.

So you admit to preferring to tunnel?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2011, 10:45:27 am »

Urist I:  What's your opinion of Ottofar's reasonless unvote of you?  Are you satisfied with Native's level of content?

His unvote led me to believe that his vote was just for pressure. As for Native, not really.

However, connecting an elf in the troupe and the leader of that troupe is pretty obvious and logical.

NUKE was the leader.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:15 am »

we know there are witches
No we don't.
So you admit to preferring to tunnel?
Stop twisting my words, you asshole.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2011, 11:58:47 am »

we know there are witches
No we don't.

Dariush. Did you not read this flavor at all? Why are trying to discourage the idea of there being witches when it's well known that they're in this game?

Imink: FoS because of the reasons I gave for believing you might be an elf. Also, why did you suddenly drop your Think vote to jump on Dariush?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2011, 12:07:15 pm »

Dariush:  Besides the whole "yes there are witches" bit, that still doesn't address the point I'm trying to make- that your defense of your vote is worthless.

Also, if you think I'm twisting your words, what would you call it?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2011, 12:08:03 pm »

Forgot this

Urist:  Then why aren't you bugging him over it?  It was worth a vote yesterday.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2011, 12:08:51 pm »

Dariush. Did you not read this flavor at all? Why are trying to discourage the idea of there being witches when it's well known that they're in this game?
What assurance do we have of witches' existence? A word of an NPC priest. And to be honest, I seriously doubt LNCP would have used witches for two games in a row.

Nice bandwagoning, btw.

PPE:
Also, if you think I'm twisting your words, what would you call it?
I wouldn't call it anything. I simply like to do one thing at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30