Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41466 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs replace) (Day 2: 12/14)
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2011, 02:21:59 am »

Crown: Flavor time. Is there a specific reason you're visiting your parents?
Flavor says I do it every summer.

Also I bring them wild flowers :P

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2011, 03:34:19 am »

Just because EC's flavor says he dresses a little on the side of sleazy is a silly reason to lynch him. Unless there's something else that I missed (running on zero sleep here). On the other hand, Jim is almost certainly an Elf, a not-so-silly reason for someone to be lynched.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2011, 03:51:26 am »

There have been 6 votes for extension.

The day has been extended until Thursday, 5 PM GMT.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2011, 04:32:19 am »

Just because EC's flavor says he dresses a little on the side of sleazy is a silly reason to lynch him. Unless there's something else that I missed (running on zero sleep here).
You take that back!

The sleazy part, not the not-lynching thing :P

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2011, 07:58:40 am »

Actually, I am voting.  I'm voting Jim because I'm pretty sure he's another elf at this point.

I will say, ECrown, that you're panicking pretty heavily and it's making me reconsider.

Anyway, Urist_McArathos is sitting over there admitting to not going after anybody D1 and considering me scum because of my clothing/flavor. Sounds to me a lot like scum lurking D1, then pushing an easy lynch.

I've never even so much as FoS'd you for it.  I found it odd, and asked for more information.  You ignored me.  I still found it odd, reminded you I wanted an answer, now it's turned into accusations of being scum?  Where did I even HINT you were scum?  I said it was really weird, and I wasn't even the first to say so.  You could easily be a miller if your flavor was weird, so explain to me why wanting to learn more was the same as calling you scum.

It's part of my fucking flavor, I don't see how that could point to ANYTHING useful outside of whether or not I'm a miller.

I dress "thinly verging on the inappropriate". When people ask, I say it's to feel the weather.

There is literally NOTHING more to it. I already said all that there was to be said on D1.

Also, Think, the key word there is "yet". He could be setting one up for a chain-lynch, or a secondary one to fall back on in case the current Jim thing falls through.

Actually, whether or not you're a miller is pretty goddamn important if we have a cop, isn't it?

So, let me get this straight: you're accusing me of pushing a lynch on you and doing so for flimsy reasons.  I haven't voted you since RVS ended, and in fact I've really only said three things to you so far: I asked a question about your flavor, pointed out that your exchange with Jim about the bloody letters seemed a bit panicky, then repeated my initial question.  So, I'm clearly NOT pushing a lynch on you, but when that's pointed out you say I'm setting up a chainlynch.  You're not seriously going to pretend that someone who's barely paid attention to you is masterminding a chain-lynch on you, are you?  Because it's absurd.

Unless I'm the new lord and master of the Jimbots, which I doubt.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 09:25:55 am »

Okay guys, I've got an essay to do right now.

Meanwhile voting Jim, for being a likely elf.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 10:23:29 am »

Urist:
Not yet, that's why I've extended and specifically stated I wanted to hear more from him.

Okay, that's fair.

And the extension comment was directed at everyone, not just you.

Crown:
Could someone please come up with an original argument? Anyone?

At least one of the arguments has to be original, right?  A statement like that is less defense and more appeal to emotion.  Complaining that there's a lot of votes on you isn't a defense.

The whole rest of that post is just you trying to push suspicion off on other people without actually addressing the core part of the argument that you were passive D1 and opened D2 with panic and WIFOM.

Now you're voting Urist for a reason that makes no sense, given that he's just trying to get you to answer a question.

NativeThis post of mine and the above of this one are why you should be voting Crown.  I originally voted him over the letters, but they're really not relevant now- his reaction to that was far more voteworthy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2011, 04:58:15 pm »

I suppose that's a better reason than what I mentioned earlier, but I still think Jim is the better lynch candidate today.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 06:27:20 pm »

Blah blah blah, post to avoid prodding, blah blah blah...

Also Urist McA, a second lynch is not the hardest thing in the world to set up. All you need to do is throw suspicion on more than one person at once.

And yes, Toaster, I know that complaining is not a defense. I just get annoyed when I get a bunch of people on my own bandwagon :P

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 09:39:18 pm »

Also Urist McA, a second lynch is not the hardest thing in the world to set up. All you need to do is throw suspicion on more than one person at once.

Why are you continuing this bullshit line of reasoning? And why did you ignore McArathos when he shot it down:

I've never even so much as FoS'd you for it.  I found it odd, and asked for more information.  You ignored me.  I still found it odd, reminded you I wanted an answer, now it's turned into accusations of being scum?  Where did I even HINT you were scum?  I said it was really weird, and I wasn't even the first to say so.  You could easily be a miller if your flavor was weird, so explain to me why wanting to learn more was the same as calling you scum.
(emphasis mine)

You're flailing. Hang.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2011, 09:54:41 pm »

Why are you continuing this bullshit line of reasoning? And why did you ignore McArathos when he shot it down:

(emphasis mine)

You're flailing. Hang.
It's a gut feeling, really. Just doesn't feel right...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2011, 10:03:02 pm »

Can I have a replace? I fell out of the groove of this when it went down...

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2011, 10:25:00 pm »

(emphasis mine)

You're flailing. Hang.
It's a gut feeling, really. Just doesn't feel right...

Gut feeling my ass.  You're deflecting onto me.  I never called you scum, never even implied it.  This whole day I've wanted to lynch Jim because I think he's an elf, and you're scrambling for a way to prove I'm out to get you.  Your case is that I admitted to not having a target end of Day 1 (not the only guilty party there) and this nonsense about my setting up a chain lynch.  No one's buying either of those points. 

If you're not scum, how about you start answering the people who ARE voting you and prove it instead of trying to use me as a meat shield?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2011, 01:23:02 am »

Can I have a replace? I fell out of the groove of this when it went down...
Are you sure? We are already undersupplied on people as is.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2011, 02:10:18 am »

It's part of my fucking flavor, I don't see how that could point to ANYTHING useful outside of whether or not I'm a miller.

I dress "thinly verging on the inappropriate". When people ask, I say it's to feel the weather.

There is literally NOTHING more to it. I already said all that there was to be said on D1.
Why get so angry about being asked, then?  You're now swearing at us and using all-caps words for making you answer the question.  You could've just said that this was all you knew one of the first times you were asked, instead of evading the question and attacking McArathos, and you would have less problems. 
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30