Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41427 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs replace) (Day 2: 12/14)
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 06:20:06 pm »

After a while, one of the suspects spoke up.
"Excuse my, father, but you have something on your clothes." It was ECrownofFire.
"Ah yes, that would be the blood of last night's murder victim. I got some of it on my when I examined him."
"Well, it seems like the blood splatters are..."
The priest looked down. "Oh dear, you are right. I wonder who put that there. I can assure you that no living being has been close to me today."
"So you have no idea how it got that way?", Jim inquired.
"I could hazard a few guesses, but no more. Maybe it was a benevolent being of some power who is trying to help you on your mission. Maybe some darker force is at work, trying to confuse or distract you.

"Be as it may be, you can heed its advice or ignore it.I trust that you male the right decision and make an end to our troubles."

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 - 
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
ECrownofFire  - 3 -  Think0028, Jim Groovester, Toaster
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 2 -  Dariush, Urist_McArathos
NativeForeigner  - 1 -  Urist Imiknorris
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 6 - Powder Miner, ECrownofFire, Ottofar, NativeForeigner, Vector, Jack AT
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:47:08 pm by Darvi »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 06:32:12 pm »

Darvi, no vote != no lynch.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 06:42:46 pm »

...So I take it the priest is an NPC?

Anyway, ECrownOfFire was the one who spoke up, so I'm assuming either he's a town investigator or this is a scum move to make him look more town.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 06:46:52 pm »

Darvi, no vote != no lynch.
Did I put it in the wrong line? Geez -_-

Note how despite that mistake the number was on the right place. Typical.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 07:05:50 pm »

...So I take it the priest is an NPC?

Anyway, ECrownOfFire was the one who spoke up, so I'm assuming either he's a town investigator or this is a scum move to make him look more town.
Or, you know, I was the first one to post about it, hehe.

Oh, and in reply to whatever there is, it's not WIFOM, I know that, I got my terms a bit mixed up there. If it's from Simple, how the hell is he supposed to know if I'm scum or not since he's a vanilla villager? If it's from NUKE, he's scum trying to pull a mislynch.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 07:21:46 pm »

My thoughts: The Elven King wouldn't be here alone, so there's obviously one or two other Elves running around.

So, I'm almost certain that Jim is the other Elf. Flavor-wise, it's the only one that really makes sense, why would the Elven King take over one member of the troupe and not have the other Elf take the other member? It ties up loose ends and makes things simpler.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile

It's news to me.

Because NUKE9.13 and I rode into town together we shared Troupe Chat, but our mutual flavor and mutual chat is the extent of our involvement with each other. We didn't know the other's alignment like masons and our fates don't rely on each other like lovers, so in mafia terminology we were neighbors. Since our alignments weren't confirmed we didn't have a lot to say to each other in the chat itself. (He did have a lot to say about Dariush though. None of it kind.)

When do they ever have anything kind to say about each other?

There's nothing in my flavor to suggest that he was an elf. We were a two-man acting troupe, entering a new town. He made all the decisions, an arrangement I was perfectly happy with since I am uneducated. We weren't the closest friends, but we enjoyed each other's company enough to make a good acting and singing duo.

I need to do a reread. I've completely lost track of what I was doing in this game.

I'm not sure if I'm buying this.  The flavor given in the Day start chat suggests unseely fey, rather than modern fantasy elves.  You know, the whole capriciously murdering humans for shits and giggles aspect.  Because of this I'm in agreement that there's probably a second elf around as well (a Queen or servant or something, perhaps?  Or else why bother naming him Elf King?), and the most likely suspect is Jim.

Or, you know, I was the first one to post about it, hehe.

Oh, and in reply to whatever there is, it's not WIFOM, I know that, I got my terms a bit mixed up there. If it's from Simple, how the hell is he supposed to know if I'm scum or not since he's a vanilla villager? If it's from NUKE, he's scum trying to pull a mislynch.

This is kinda bad to me:

"Those letters?  Pure WIFOM, pay them no mind." 
"That makes no sense, how is it WIFOM?  That's nonsense and scummy." 
"Did I say WIFOM?  I meant irrelevant.  Pay them no mind."

You seem awfully quick to sweep this message under the rug and that concerns me.  You worried we'll find something if we dig enough?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 03:37:32 am »

Well.  It's been a while, and I need to reread.

Before that, though, I'm just going to say this: I find it hard to trust a message written in blood.  Especially the blood of a human-hating elf (or a human possessed by said elf).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 09:41:03 am »

Ottofar, Jim, Urist A, and Native:  Please explain why you ended D1 not voting anyone.

(Vector gets a pass for being AWOL)

Anyway, Crown.  Yeah, he's scum.  D1 the entirety of his "real" content was contained in this post:

Before I begin, Unvote. Also, my excuses are weekend and procrastination. Sorry about that. I shall post more tomorrow.

This is completely ridiculous. Here NUKE is, being contrary just because he can. Arguing with Powder Miner about a damn quote. It's RIA either way, but I'm leaning towards townie just being stupid.

Anyway, Simple is just spouting bullshit about magical/supernatural roles, backpedaling every chance he gets, and in general, kind of being an idiot.

Also this shining gem of role-fishing:
Time Blossom : And as church choir member you have no idea about the bells ?

Care to explain, Simple?

The fifth vote on Simple, and one with barely any reasoning.  A clear case of bandwagon.  The rest of his D1 posts are essentially fluff- scum hiding in the shadows D1 of a big game where attention can be safely avoided.

As said before, today I vote him over the message in blood and he panics.

He's certainly scum, and I have no issue seeing him swing in the breeze.

Jim:  Flavorwise, did you and Nuke stay at the same place?  If not, where did he stay?  Anything else about either of you?

People voting Jim:  Do you have a case on him besides "He was hanging with NUKE?"  Throwing a vote on him for flavor and doing nothing else seems lazy.

Dariush:   If we got a message that the bells started ringing, we can safely assume they weren't ringing before.  Therefore, we need a D0 bell position as well- just the northern bell ringing.  Since the D1 opener said this...

In the meantime, the northern belltower, which had tolled throughout the night, was silent; perhaps less noticeable by the fact that the church steeple had one that was still blaring.

...I call it safe to assume that the D0 position was northern only.  What it means, I still have no idea.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 09:48:11 am »

Ottofar, Jim, Urist A, and Native:  Please explain why you ended D1 not voting anyone.

As I said, I had a poor grasp of what was going on because RL kept me from being active for so long. Thus, I didn't feel confident enough to actually vote anyone.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 10:15:13 am »

ECrownofFire:

You seem to have ignored me:

Perhaps you could describe what you actually meant. Or are you out of excuses?

Also, why are you so focused on the words being written by a dead person? Do you know something we don't?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 10:34:52 am »

Because nothing to go for.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 10:36:22 am »

So... what do you have to go on now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 10:40:09 am »

This wagon forming on Crown. And probably something from yesterday.

I should read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 11:20:30 am »

And contribute.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30