Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41412 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

This is the new Witches' Coven game thread.

Game Rules:
   1. The Good Faith Rule: It will be trusted, on behalf of both the players and the mod, that you will play according to the restrictions (if any) given and that you will play both respectfully and to fulfill your win condition to the best of your abilities.
   2. All votes must be in red. Unvoting before voting again is not required, but appreciated. You may vote for No Lynch. You cannot conditional vote. In case of a tie, no one will be lynched. The game is hammerless.
   3. Days and Nights both span 48 hours. Neither time span includes weekends. Nights may end earlier if all actions are in before the deadline. Days and nights end at5PM GMT unless otherwise specified.
   4. Never edit your posts for any reason, including typos.
 5. Do not PM other players unless explicitly allowed.  Players with private chat access will be given a topic on QuickTopic where they may post freely.
   6. Never quote any PM from the mod or any communication with them unless explicitly allowed.  You may give a general summary (for example, a roleclaim), but do not quote directly. Rulebreakers can and will be modkilled with prejudice.
   7. Any requests to the moderator not in bold will be ignored.
   8. You may ask for an extension or shorten by putting the respective word in bold.  Extensions require 33% of players to agree minus any players opposing, and requires at least three players. Extends are for 24 hours, and there may only be a maximum of three Extends.  Shortens require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as I can process the day end.
 9. Dead players may post one “bah post” to comment on their death, but it may not contain any relevant game information.  After that, please do not post.
  10. Please make an effort to post at least once daily. If you do not post for 36 hours, you will be prodded.  If I don’t hear from you within 24 more hours, you will be replaced and/or modkilled.
  11. Never underestimate your importance, and always play to win!

Revealed Possible Roles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For more information, as well as N0 and D1, check the first thread.

Attendance Sheet:

Green-coloured names are wins.
Purple coloured are those who definitely needs a replacement.

Players - Alive:
  • Think0028
  • Powder Miner
  • NativeForeigner
  • Toaster
  • Urist_McArathos
Players - Dead:
  • Simple - Stephen Engleford, Villager
  • NUKE9.13 - Walter Bloom, Elven King
  • ECrownofFire - Lawrence Erewaker, Villager
  • Jim Groovester - Hugh Pemberton, Elven Queen
  • Dariush - Thomas Downer, Doctor
  • Ottofar - Giles Oxenbrigg, Villager
  • Vector - Shemaiah Taylor, Ringer of Bells
  • Jack A T - Gyles Dinham, Witch Maiden, Elf Princess
  • Urist Imiknorris - Allen Underhill, Elven King
The game will start on Sunday, 27th November, as soon as I am awake (around 12PM GMT probably).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:31:00 pm by Darvi »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Day 2 Has Begun!

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 - 
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
ECrownofFire  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 12 -  <cut for size>
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

Another day, another trial.
Once again, the villagers have assembled in the plaza. Howeverwhere once was loud murmiring, now was nervous silence.
Most people stared at each other, and wondered "Are they a witch? Am I the next to be hanged? Oh God, please don't let it be me!"

It wasn't until late morning that somebody broke the silence.
"Hey, where's this NUKE fella at now? He should be here by now!"
"Not only that, but the priest hasn't arrived here either!"
"Does that mean I can go home now?"
"That surely cannot be a coincidence."

After a few minutes, the priest arrived. He wore an even grimmer expression than the day before, and his robes were splattered with blood.
It may just have been some sort of trick of the eye, but the blood seemed to form some kind of pattern.

"Everybody, please calm down! I come with both good news and bad news! The bad news is, we have a killer amongst us! We know that because the guards have found the dead body of Walter Bloom, who you have known as NUKE, lying on the streets."
"Was it the witches?", somebody inquired.
"We don't know that for sure, but his throat most likely has been slit with a knife. That's an unusual modus operandi for a witch, but not unheard of.

"That brings be to the good news. Witnesses' testimonies and an examination of the corpse have revealed that he was no friend of ours.
The real Mister Bloom has been dead before he even entered the village, and has been possessed by an entity that one would call the King of Elves."
"That's humbug!", somebody out of the crowd remarked.
"Indeed! There is no such thing as elves!"
"Rest assured, we know what we are doing. In case you hadn't known, elves are real, and they are fickle creatures that revel in killing innocent humans. Fortunately, this particular elf is dead and will bother us no more!
"However, the other bad news is, that we have to be twice as vigilant now. Not only do we have to remove the witches, but we also have to eliminate the rest of the elven invaders.
But the Lord has blessed us once already, and with His support we can stand against these terrors of the night!"

Walter "NUKE" Bloom has been killed. He was the King of Elves.

The Day will end on Wednesday, 5PM GMT.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:21:11 pm by Darvi »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Murder person, you are a dick. I was totally justified in lynching simple. Just because you were right to kill me doesn't mean you were right to try. You only encourage inactivity by killing those who stand up and try to get things done.

Which is to say,

Bah.
Long Live United Forenia!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Ottofar, are you going to actually contribute today?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

We shall see what we shall see.
Meanwhile, why wouldn't you?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Oh look, colored letters in flavor...

sEwasright

SE was right? Southeastern bell? Hm, I dunno.

I need to reread the previous day before I post anything useful.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile

Elves?  In my Mafia game?  It's more likely than you think.  Let's see...

Jim, care to explain your traveling partner's bizarre race?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Yeah, reread is awesomely needed.

Big link to claim posts!

SE was right?  Perhaps Steven Engleford was right?  And he was voting ECrownofFire, so let's start there!

Crown:  Please, tell us more.  I see you had no trouble hanging Simple- who is your next mislynch target?

Jim:  Also interested in full disclosure of what you know of your partner.

Vector('s replacement):  Can you catch back up on the thread and give us a read of what you've come up with?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

EBWOP: Simple was Steven Engleford- forgot to clarify that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Is 'sewasright' the haunting thing the dead people in the last game never used?

Jim, care to explain your traveling partner's bizarre race?
Jim:  Also interested in full disclosure of what you know of your partner.

It's news to me.

Because NUKE9.13 and I rode into town together we shared Troupe Chat, but our mutual flavor and mutual chat is the extent of our involvement with each other. We didn't know the other's alignment like masons and our fates don't rely on each other like lovers, so in mafia terminology we were neighbors. Since our alignments weren't confirmed we didn't have a lot to say to each other in the chat itself. (He did have a lot to say about Dariush though. None of it kind.)

There's nothing in my flavor to suggest that he was an elf. We were a two-man acting troupe, entering a new town. He made all the decisions, an arrangement I was perfectly happy with since I am uneducated. We weren't the closest friends, but we enjoyed each other's company enough to make a good acting and singing duo.

I need to do a reread. I've completely lost track of what I was doing in this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Yeah, reread is awesomely needed.

Big link to claim posts!

SE was right?  Perhaps Steven Engleford was right?  And he was voting ECrownofFire, so let's start there!

Crown:  Please, tell us more.  I see you had no trouble hanging Simple- who is your next mislynch target?
Absolutely pure WIFOM in a roundabout way. That is, WIFOM from whoever caused those letters to appear. Possibly WIFOM from beyond the grave, as Jim just mentioned with the haunting thing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

WIFOM? Simple is dead and town. He has no need for the stuff. So why WIFOM?

Funny that's the first thing you suggest. Pretty terrible defense against somebody who obviously has no ulterior motive, never mind whether he's actually right or not. ECrownofFire.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

WIFOM? Simple is dead and town. He has no need for the stuff. So why WIFOM?

Funny that's the first thing you suggest. Pretty terrible defense against somebody who obviously has no ulterior motive, never mind whether he's actually right or not. ECrownofFire.
I never said that Simple was the one that did it. He's a vanilla villager, how the fuck is he supposed to do something like that?

Hell, I'd say NUKE is more likely, since it was HIS blood (at least, I think that's the way the flavor is going).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Haunting is a night action available to peaceful spirits (i.e., dead people) according to last game, and the only dead person during the night was Simple. Suggesting that the message is WIFOM from the grave is also suggesting that Simple did it.

There are a bunch of other explanations, like Simple doesn't know anything, we don't know what Simple was trying to tell us, it's not Simple at all, it's somebody else, it's somebody else and we don't know what they're trying to tell us, and on and on and on and on and on. So why not mention those instead of WIFOM?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Haunting is a night action available to peaceful spirits (i.e., dead people) according to last game, and the only dead person during the night was Simple. Suggesting that the message is WIFOM from the grave is also suggesting that Simple did it.

There are a bunch of other explanations, like Simple doesn't know anything, we don't know what Simple was trying to tell us, it's not Simple at all, it's somebody else, it's somebody else and we don't know what they're trying to tell us, and on and on and on and on and on. So why not mention those instead of WIFOM?
Because I don't know exactly what caused it, nor what is capable is causing it.

And it was probably a poor choice of words anyway, not exactly WIFOM, but... something else? I don't know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30